Windows 10: How do I change the font size of the text displayed

Discus and support How do I change the font size of the text displayed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have not tweaked anything but find that the font size of the text displayed (say of TenForums) has reduced. I have tried Settings-> Display. It has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by layman, Dec 21, 2016.

1. layman Win User

How do I change the font size of the text displayed

I have not tweaked anything but find that the font size of the text displayed (say of TenForums) has reduced. I have tried Settings-> Display. It has only two options : Default (100%) & 150%. If I set it to 150%, everything including Desktop & Taskbar are affected. I tried changing the font size in Control Panel -> Display -> Change only Text Size ->Message Boxes, but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

:)

layman, Dec 21, 2016

2. How to change Font Size at Window 10 of Lenovo 720 series.

How to change font size at window 10? I was studied all youtube and FQA, there was settings to change font size like advance display settings, change text size. But in my Lenovo ideapad 720S-14IKB window 10, don't have advance settings to change the font
    size. I was changed the size of text, apps and others item to 175%, the font size display is too small. There is any solution to change the font size.

Myat Nyein, Dec 21, 2016
  3. How do i change the font? Not the font size.

Hi,

A software conflict could be the reason why you are encountering this error. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if you updated your device to the Creators Update or the Insider Preview.

If you want to change the font, these are the steps you can perform:

• Go to Control Panel and locate Fonts.
    • Choose the exact name of the font you want to use.
    • Open Notepad.
    • Type/ copy the registry codes below:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]

"Segoe UI (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Light (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Semibold (TrueType)"=""

"Segoe UI Symbol (TrueType)"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]

"Segoe UI"="ENTER-NEW-FONT-NAME"
    • Replace ENTER-NEW-FONT-NAME with the name of the font you want to use.
    • Select File and hit Save As.
    • Select All Files under Save As, name your file and use
      .reg extension. Click Save.
    • Double-click the new file to merge in the registry.

Click Yes, then OK.
    • You should be getting a pop-up message that the new font has been successfully added to the registry.
    • Restart your device.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Ronalene Mat, Dec 21, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

If only for reading, click in the middle of a page, hold down the Ctrl key and press - or + to decrease or increase text size. Or hold down the Ctrl key and roll the mouse wheel back or forth to change. It doesn't change the print size.

Berton, Dec 21, 2016
  5. layman Win User
    Thanks, it worked. But isn't there a permanent solution? I even downloaded & merged the .reg file mentioned in the tutorial to go back to default setting, but it did not resolve the problem.

layman, Dec 21, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    No, it's only a per window thing but may stick to others until closed.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I change the font size of the text displayed - Similar Threads - change font size

2. Change font text sizes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change font text sizes: Why can't I change individual font sizes in windows and apps? I don't want to change them by the accessibility slider because I want some of them smaller and some of them bigger.Is there any way to bypass this STUPID change? And why does Microsoft change things that aren't...
  3. Change font text sizes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change font text sizes: Why can't I change individual font sizes in windows and apps? I don't want to change them by the accessibility slider because I want some of them smaller and some of them bigger.Is there any way to bypass this STUPID change? And why does Microsoft change things that aren't...
  4. Display Font Size Changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Font Size Changed: Hi, Last week I started up my Surface laptop Studio and the Font Size has changed. Everything is huge and I do not like it. Could somebody please assist me with resolving this issue? I went into the display settings several of times and still cannot figure it out. R/SAndy...
  5. Display Font Size Changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Font Size Changed: Hi, Last week I started up my Surface laptop Studio and the Font Size has changed. Everything is huge and I do not like it. Could somebody please assist me with resolving this issue? I went into the display settings several of times and still cannot figure it out. R/SAndy...
  6. How do I change Font Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change Font Size: When I log in font size is to small https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-font-size/f7da11ea-bf8e-4d8b-8930-bb922794a620
  7. How do i change the font size in Works

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i change the font size in Works: How do I change the fot size in Works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-font-size-in-works/8ece89bd-33fe-4670-8c18-a6f428caf20a
  8. Font/Text size

in Windows 10 Support
    Font/Text size: I would very much like to know how to set the font and text size so I can read it and make it stay there. I research the web and get several suggestions on how to do this (some do not even apply to my Win 10).I have gotten it changed through Settings but it returns to...
  9. Text size changes in display

Text size changes in display: I’ve gone through several pages and haven’t seen my issue of text size described. I wrote an explanation of the issues on the attached screen capture. In my old windows 7 OS when I set the text size to 12 they stayed at the size I set. With windows 10 after setting the size...
  10. Text size fonts

Text size fonts: Hello, I think this will be the last for this evening. After all manouvering to resize text in window file/folders explorer, the size in the explorer did'nt change, but look what happened to context menu, I attach here some screenshots, one is amerge of the explorer and on...