Windows 10: How do I change the function key setting

Discus and support How do I change the function key setting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I change the function keys on my HP Envy Laptop - Windows 10, so that I do not have to hit fn key each time I wish to use the F2, F3, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Naqi Naqvi, Jul 8, 2018.

1. How do I change the function key setting

How do I change the function keys on my HP Envy Laptop - Windows 10, so that I do not have to hit fn key each time I wish to use the F2, F3, or F4...functions. Currently, the keyboard is setup to adjust brightness, volume, sound etc.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

:)

Naqi Naqvi, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

how to change the Function key settings

Hi,

Thank you for replying back with the status of this issue.

I would suggest you to refer to the following suggestions provided by Try 3 replied on February 15, 2015 and check if it helps.

How do I change the Function Key settings?

How do I change the Function Key settings?

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Jul 8, 2018
  3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jul 8, 2018
  4. How do I change the function key setting

The function "Change language bar hot keys " has a bug.

Hi Chen,

We would like to know more about your concern. Kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Were the hotkeys settings on your Windows 10 computer ever worked before?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you reconfigure your hotkeys settings by setting your key sequence to Not Assigned. To do this refer to the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Language > Advanced Settings.
    • Under Switching input methods, select Change language bar hot keys.
    • Select Between input languages, and then click Change Key Sequence.
    • Set Switch Keyboard Layout to Not Assigned.
    • Restart your computer.
    Once you're done with the process, you may then proceed to reconfigure your language bar hot keys to your desired settings. You may follow the steps above and select your preferred keyboard layout.

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Monica Cam, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

How do I change the function key setting

1. How do I change the function key setting - Similar Threads - change function key

2. how do i disable the function keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i disable the function keys?: i am gaming and i need to do something with those keys and i cant because of the function that each key has https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-function-keys/71cb776f-6e85-4a46-b602-57ad168645c4
  3. how do i disable the function keys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i disable the function keys?: i am gaming and i need to do something with those keys and i cant because of the function that each key has https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-function-keys/71cb776f-6e85-4a46-b602-57ad168645c4
  4. how do i disable the function keys?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Function keys setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function keys setting: This morning I discovered my function keys which also serves as a shortcut to increasing my screen brightness and volume control are no longer performing their functions. Please what do I do?...
  6. Function keys setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Function keys setting: This morning I discovered my function keys which also serves as a shortcut to increasing my screen brightness and volume control are no longer performing their functions. Please what do I do?...
  7. How do I toggle the function keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I toggle the function keys: I'm playing a game on my laptop that requires me to use the function keys but on my laptop they have secondary functions like brightness, sound, etc. Is there a way I can disable these secondary functions? submitted by /u/FlauntyPack56 [link] [comments]...
  8. Change function keys?

Change function keys?: What would be the best way about doing this? I want to change my function keys so when I press F1 it would register as windows+G to open game bar or F2 for game bar to take a screen shot or F3 to record video. I do use some function keys but other then F11 I never use these...
  9. How do I lock the function keys?

How do I lock the function keys?: Hi all, I just had a quick question. Some games I play require the press of F1-12 keys, although I always have to hold down the Fn key to make them work. Is there any way to lock the F1-12 keys so I don't have to press that Fn button? I commonly see people refer to Fn+Esc,...
  10. how to change function keys?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to change function keys?: I just bought a new asus laptop and would like to change how the function keys work. I don't wanna have to press Fn+ f11 to increase the sound. I want to just press f11. How do I go about this?...