Windows 10: How do I change the homepage that opens up in any brower in windows 10

Discus and support How do I change the homepage that opens up in any brower in windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; IN Firefox or Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome in Windows 10 I have attempted to change the home page ? start page that opens up in Microsoft Edge... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sfavra, Nov 18, 2016.

1. sfavra Win User

How do I change the homepage that opens up in any brower in windows 10

IN Firefox or Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome in Windows 10

I have attempted to change the home page ? start page that opens up in Microsoft Edge and Firefox to no avail!! I gave up on IE because it locked up my computer...then gave up on edge and was using Firefox. I want my home page to be changed to my.yahoo.com but it will NOT LET ME! I do what it says to do but it will not stay.....Firefox opens up in att.com my internet provider but I want my home to be my.yahoo.com.... Microsoft edge opens up in edge that i hate but I can go into att.com but I really want my customized yahoo homepage which worked windows 7 but not 8 or 10....HELP! I am so frustrated!*Mad

:)

sfavra, Nov 18, 2016
  2. cestout Win User

How do I change the app that opens when the system sees an SD card.

Problem has nothing to do with anti virus. I use an SD card in my digital camera. In windows 7, I would insert it in the slot, then the computer would see it and open a window giving me choices at to what I want to do. I
    would choose download photos and it would open a program to do that. In windows 10,the first time I plugged in the SD card I was asked to choose an app. I chose one that looked right and it opened. It found every photo in the world except my SD card.
    Now every time I plug in the SD card, that useless (for me) app opens. I simply want to know how I change the app that opens when I plug in the SD card. I cant find that kind o choice in settings.

cestout, Nov 18, 2016
  3. How do I change the app that opens when the system sees an SD card.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• Are you referring to any third party software or Anti-virus software?
    If you are referring to Anti-virus software then whenever you insert the SD card, if machine found any virus or malware it automatically detect and try to run the application.

Please reply to us with more information to assist you better.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 18, 2016
  4. How do I change the homepage that opens up in any brower in windows 10

It sounds to me like Firefox is being routed to att.com by a function in the EXE. The following guide might be worth following:

Wrong home page opens when I start Firefox - How to fix | Firefox Help

As for MS Edge, this should be configurable through settings. With MS Edge open, click the "..." symbol (top-right) and choose Settings.

From here, you should see a section called "Open with" that has a list of radio buttons. Choose "A specific page or pages" and then choose "Custom" from the drop-down. This will then activate a box where you can enter the page, or pages, of your choice.

Once you've added one (or as many as you like), be sure to click the X next to the pre-populated about:start entry - that's the MS Edge start page.

Hope that helps. If either of those don't work (they're very much first-pass solutions), just let me know via another reply.

Edit: I've just seen that Google Chrome is on the list, too (I think I was replying to the previous thread over in General Support that didn't mention Chrome).

The same trick that applies to Firefox can potentially apply to Chrome. Right-click the icon, click Properties and see if there's a URL tagged onto the end of the Target field in the Shortcut pane.

Other than that, the first place to look for Chrome's startup pages is in Settings. Same deal as MS Edge - top-right corner, there is an icon that is three vertical dots. Then choose Settings. The section here is called "On startup" but the options are identical. If there's anything populated in there routing to "att.com" that's your culprit. It should be self-explanatory to change.

maconnolly, Nov 18, 2016
  5. Good advice for deleting the current home page that you do not want.

To take it a step further, to set it to "my.yahoo.com", you can navigate to that page and then use the settings below to change it to your home page, selecting the "use current page" button (or you can type in the URL manually, if you prefer).

HTH, MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I change the homepage that opens up in any brower in windows 10

1. How do I change the homepage that opens up in any brower in windows 10 - Similar Threads - change homepage opens

2. how do I restore my msn homepage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I restore my msn homepage?: how do I restore my msn homepage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-my-msn-homepage/1bb54069-ff60-4d1b-b127-f6b6d731d655
  3. how do I restore my msn homepage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I restore my msn homepage?: how do I restore my msn homepage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-my-msn-homepage/1bb54069-ff60-4d1b-b127-f6b6d731d655
  4. How do I change my MSN homepage back to the original settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my MSN homepage back to the original settings?: How do I change my MSN homepage back to the original settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-msn-homepage-back-to-the/5219d79e-c1e4-47fc-81fa-3b620383f012
  5. How do I change my MSN homepage back to the original settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my MSN homepage back to the original settings?: How do I change my MSN homepage back to the original settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-msn-homepage-back-to-the/5219d79e-c1e4-47fc-81fa-3b620383f012
  6. how do I change my homepage

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I change my homepage: how do I change my homepage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-homepage/744f3b83-f066-44f2-be5e-ed7d8cafc5bd
  7. How do I change the "Always open with" application for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the "Always open with" application for Windows 10?: I hear this a lot from people trying to open MHT/MHTML files. The process isn't as difficult as it would seem.1. Right-click on the file you want to open and a box will open. 2. Click on "Open with" and another box will open.3. Click on "Choose another app". Another box will...
  8. How to I unblock a web brower?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to I unblock a web brower?: I want to unblock Microsoft preventing my use of My Firefox Browser. It's secure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-unblock-a-web-brower/f99ef0b4-d197-41df-a1b5-3914bd561729"
  9. change homepage in edge

in Browsers and Email
    change homepage in edge: I changed it last December when I first go 10, now I want to change it again and all it change is the start page. I have gone to settings and change it several times, when I open edge the page I want is there, when I click on home button old page shows up 60274
  10. Change Homepage in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Homepage in Firefox: How to: Change Homepage in Firefox How to Change Homepage in Firefox in Windows The homepage in Firefox is what you see when you open Firefox, open new windows, or click/tap on the Home button [img] in Firefox. You can select to have your homepage be Firefox Home...