Windows 10: How do I change the icon symbol/picture on desktop to my own jpg?

Discus and support How do I change the icon symbol/picture on desktop to my own jpg? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know that if you go under properties there are a lot of icons to choose from. I want a picture that I downloaded since I accidently deleted the .ico... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alicia J, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Alicia J Win User

How do I change the icon symbol/picture on desktop to my own jpg?

I know that if you go under properties there are a lot of icons to choose from. I want a picture that I downloaded since I accidently deleted the .ico file in my download folder. It's a shortcut to a program. Of course I emptied the recycle bin!

:)

Alicia J, Jul 28, 2016

2. Desktop icon cache for URL's

That sets the picture for a program but what I would like to do is have a picture that reflects the organization I am trying to get to with an URL. For instance, I am a member of USAA and I frequently go to their website so their icon in Windows 7 is a
    bird like figure (their corporate symbol) with the letters USAA just below it. How do I get those pictures to appear in Windows 10. I did a reboot after doing what you said and then tried to call up some of my URL's and nothing changed. It did change the
    picture for the PDF's I use from an easily red Adobe symbol to the Edge symbol with the letters PDF. I just want to be able to easily find the icons with the appropriate picture in them.

DickHergert, Jul 28, 2016
  3. How do I change the Zune's icon picture?

So I've recently obtained this phone (Windows Phone 7.5/HTC Radar 4G,) and I noticed that as I'm putting music on the Zune feature, the Zune icon on the main (home) page of the phone has a moving image on it. How can I change this image from this rapper's
    face (which is on my music list, but I hadn't selected it) to whatever I want the image to be?

BlackDahlia420, Jul 28, 2016
  4. flybynite Win User

Redownload the picture you deleted, then go to one of the many websites which change jpegs to icon files. Put your icon in a place which is safe, then do the change icon procedure which you know about, choosing your icon file.

flybynite, Jul 28, 2016
Thema:

1. How do I change the icon symbol/picture on desktop to my own jpg? - Similar Threads - change icon symbol

2. How Do I Remove White Pictures On Desktop Icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Remove White Pictures On Desktop Icons?: How to remove these white parts of my desktop icons. I want a clean desktop without these https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-white-pictures-on-desktop-icons/665ccbb3-042d-46b4-b70e-6cc72f9d209e
  3. How do I remove the Lock symbol from the 'My Computer' icon on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the Lock symbol from the 'My Computer' icon on my desktop?: How do I remove the Lock symbol from the 'My Computer' icon on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-lock-symbol-from-the-my/021a3026-308d-4447-9148-7f3e29769660
  4. How do I remove the Lock symbol from the 'My Computer' icon on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove the Lock symbol from the 'My Computer' icon on my desktop?: How do I remove the Lock symbol from the 'My Computer' icon on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-lock-symbol-from-the-my/021a3026-308d-4447-9148-7f3e29769660
  5. How do I display jpg photos on the desktop instead of icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I display jpg photos on the desktop instead of icons.: How do I display JPG photos on the desktop instead of icons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-display-jpg-photos-on-the-desktop-instead/9c7d189b-a798-4d93-92c5-38a67402a2f0
  6. Picture jpg views as icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture jpg views as icons: When I moved my picture files to a new computer, the views were all changed and mixed, and I can't change them all to actual picture icons as I had before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-jpg-views-as-icons/9af10df9-aee3-4a29-9b4e-95c19d6b64d1"
  7. how to use own picture as desktop

how to use own picture as desktop: A Coming back to a PC after using a tablet, I'm overwhelmed by garishness & noise, & can't find anything. I have Windows 10. Can some kind soul please explain how to use an item from my Pictures archive as a Desktop image? And in general, how to find stuff? This may...
  8. How do I change the pictures on my desktop icons?

How do I change the pictures on my desktop icons?: I have tried to change the desktop icons according to Microsoft help but some of the categories they say will be present are not there. So can someone tell me how to change shortcut icons in windows 10 please?...
  9. how do i change the theme picture on desktop

how do i change the theme picture on desktop: how do i change the theme picture on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-theme-picture-on-desktop/4569ee04-f30a-4221-967f-c98ce49da6af
  10. Desktop icons with tiny pictures - How do I get larger pictures?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons with tiny pictures - How do I get larger pictures?: When I create desktop icons for Apps, some have TINY pictures. Example: [img] Same procedure to create the desktop icons, but different results. Another example: [img] Procedure: click-drag-drop program icon from All Apps to desktop. Note: screen resolution is...