Windows 10: How do I change the name of my computer in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I change the name of my computer in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The computer that I have recently bought has a generic name. I want to personalise this name to something that other users on our network will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EliasKanaris, Aug 9, 2018.

1. How do I change the name of my computer in Windows 10?

The computer that I have recently bought has a generic name. I want to personalise this name to something that other users on our network will recognise. How do I do this?

:)

EliasKanaris, Aug 9, 2018

2. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Aug 9, 2018
  3. How do I change the network adapter name? (Windows 10)

Press Windows Key + R, type secpol.msc and press Enter to run it. In Local Security Policy window, go to the Network List Manager Policies in the left pane. Now in the right pane double click on the network name that you want to change. In the Properties windows under the Name section make sure that Name is selected. Now in the input field enter the name that you wish to use for your connection. Click Apply then OK to save the changes. And you might have to log in again or to restart your computer before the changes are applied.

lorraine walsh, Aug 9, 2018
  4. How do I change the name of my computer in Windows 10?

How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

How do I change the name of my computer in Windows 10?

1. How do I change the name of my computer in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - change name computer

2. how do i change my name on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i change my name on my computer: I originally setup the computer in my daughter's name but she purchased a different computer so I need to delete her name off my computer and reset it to my name....
  3. how do i change my name on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i change my name on my computer: I originally setup the computer in my daughter's name but she purchased a different computer so I need to delete her name off my computer and reset it to my name....
  4. how do i change my name on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I change the name on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the name on my computer?: I inherited a computer from my father and would like to change the name that appears as it signs into Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-on-my-computer/58afc85c-f5b9-441b-b7c7-073729a0f47d
  6. How do I change the name on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the name on my computer?: I inherited a computer from my father and would like to change the name that appears as it signs into Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-on-my-computer/58afc85c-f5b9-441b-b7c7-073729a0f47d
  7. How do I change the name on my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. How do I change the sign-in name on my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the sign-in name on my computer?: How do I change the sign-in name on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-sign-in-name-on-my-computer/6a42d04d-9eea-4146-bcb1-e77ba5df25ab
  9. How do I change my computer's device name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change my computer's device name?: I'm using my dad's old surface 5 and the device name is in all caps and it's annoying because my headphones have voice prompts so whenever they connect they read out the individual letters one by one submitted by /u/Noam_244 [link] [comments]...
  10. How do I change my user directory name on the computer? Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change my user directory name on the computer? Windows 10: Hi I just bought a new computer for my mother in law. I created the first account..that is an administrator for my mother in law. Then I used her account to create another admin account for myself. This is for Windows 10. I logged in with my microsoft ID and everything looked...