Windows 10: How Do I Change the name on log in page from Admin to my own name?

Discus and support How Do I Change the name on log in page from Admin to my own name? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi A member of my family recently had their laptop repaired after a virus attack. She has managed to set up a background picture, but is unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Buzyizzy, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Buzyizzy Win User

How Do I Change the name on log in page from Admin to my own name?

Hi

A member of my family recently had their laptop repaired after a virus attack. She has managed to set up a background picture, but is unable to change the name on the log in page from Admin to her own name. I have searched for an answer, but I can't find one.

Can anyone help please?

TIA

:)

Buzyizzy, Aug 5, 2018
  2. David Haz Win User

admin name change

Hi Terry,

If your logged in as administrator in Windows 10, you may have complete control over your device. If you are not logged in as an administrator, the control you have over your device is limited, and you may not be able to change the administrator account's
    name. You may change your administrator account by following the steps below:

• Press the Start button, then type control panel, and select
      Control Panel from the search results.
    • From Control Panel, select User Accounts >
      User Accounts
      > Change account name.
    • Enter the name that you desire, then select Apply.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, Aug 5, 2018
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Aug 5, 2018
  4. How Do I Change the name on log in page from Admin to my own name?

Changing the Log-on/Display name

Hi Ian,

To change your sign-in screen name on Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Use the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Select Your email and accounts.

• Hit the Manage my Microsoft Account link to open the web browser and load your profile.

• In the main page, click the Edit name link.

• Change your name and last name, and click Save.

• Restart your computer.

Note: It is important to know that following these steps, you will also be changing the name on your outlook.com account and other Microsoft services, as well as the account name that is connected with your Microsoft account.

In line with this, you may also create a new account name on Windows 10, follow these steps:

• Type user on the search bar; then, click User Accounts.
    • Click on change your account name option; then, change the name and check if it helps.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

How Do I Change the name on log in page from Admin to my own name?

1. How Do I Change the name on log in page from Admin to my own name? - Similar Threads - Change name log

2. Changing a name on an Admin file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing a name on an Admin file?: I have an Admin account on my Windows 11 system that has the wrong spelling for the username. Its the only account on the Microsoft account. Is there a way to change the folder name? i cant "change name" like you can with normal files, and its re-appearing every time I...
  3. How do I change my User Folder name when it is the Admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my User Folder name when it is the Admin: I want to change the user folder name to my actual name. It is not giving me the option and I am the admin and I really don't want to create another account. How can I do this?...
  4. How do I Change the name of my machine when logging in ?

How do I Change the name of my machine when logging in ?: It now says Art's laptop and I just want it to say Art Bergeron https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-name-of-my-machine-when/edd49ed3-7619-43c6-9007-8178342ce532
  5. change admin user name

change admin user name: how do i change my admin user name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-admin-user-name/885ba043-3624-4cd3-a6ce-ca4611f14424
  6. How do i change the name from NITRO5 to my own name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i change the name from NITRO5 to my own name?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/trial_expired [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gntuex/how_do_i_change_the_name_from_nitro5_to_my_own/
  7. How to change admin user name

How to change admin user name: I have given a temporary name to the admin user during the setup of Windows 10 to a new PC. Now, I want to change this user name. In settings, I was not able too find a way for the admin name. How to change the name of this admin user?...
  8. how do I change my (new to me) computers name to my own?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how do I change my (new to me) computers name to my own?: A friend gave me his dell laptop and I want to change his login info to my own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-new-to-me-computers-name-to-my/7540c37b-ddaf-4867-add9-92de674c9dbe"
  9. How do I change the log in name?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I change the log in name?: I would like to change the log in name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-log-in-name/5552d4a8-b5ab-47e0-bb62-dc8974189350
  10. How do I change log-in user name in Windows10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change log-in user name in Windows10?: I let a friend log into my Windows 10 laptop. Now I can't seem to find a way where I change user name so I can log in. I have searched forums ... one suggestion was to right click on the user name or power button .... didn't work for me. I have not created a user name...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i change the name in the window log in