Windows 10: how do I change the sender's name in windows live mail

Discus and support how do I change the sender's name in windows live mail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Suddenly when I send emails, when they arrive at the recipient, instead of being from me, they show as being from someone else. How can I change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sally Bramley-Brown, Jul 17, 2018.

1. how do I change the sender's name in windows live mail

Suddenly when I send emails, when they arrive at the recipient, instead of being from me, they show as being from someone else. How can I change the "From" on my emails so they are coming from me!

:)

Sally Bramley-Brown, Jul 17, 2018
  2. Gelbs Win User

Why Can't You Change 'Sender' Name In Mail App??

With Microsoft saying Live Mail won't work soon, and to switch over to the Mail app, I've done just that. Although currently, Live Mail is still working fine. What annoys me is. Is that I cannot whatsoever change my sender name via Mail app, when sending emails. It basically displays the name I have on my MSN/Microsoft profile. I even changed that, but it hasn't updated. If I add another non Hotmail account to the app, I have the choice to display the name I wish. Microsoft really piss me off. Live Mail works fine. And now they're saying it's going to be made redundant pretty much, and now I switch over, I can't even change my display name?? They really are morons. If it's not broken. Why fix it?!

Gelbs, Jul 17, 2018
  3. live mail not working as expected.

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow steps and block the sender of the emails which are not required.

a Sign in to your Windows Live Hotmail account.

b In the upper-right corner of the page, click Options, and then click
    More options.

c Under Junk e-mail, click Safe and blocked senders.

d Click Blocked senders. Under Blocked e-mail address or domain:, enter the email address that you want to block and click Add to list >> button.

You can quickly add a name to the Blocked Senders List by right-clicking the junk e-mail message, and then, on the shortcut menu, pointing to Junk E-mail and clicking
    Add Sender to Blocked Senders List on the shortcut menu. To remove a name from the
    Blocked Senders List, in the Blocked Senders tab, click the name you want to remove from the list, and then click Remove.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 17, 2018
  4. how do I change the sender's name in windows live mail

W10 Mail App displays sender as "name(at)outlook.com ON BEHALF OF name(at)mydomain.nl"

This problem presents itself in the Windows 10 Mail app and does not show up on Outlook.com

I use Outlook.com in combination with a connected account name(at)mydomain.nl

Since last december there has been a change in the way the Mail app is displaying the sender address.

Before Christmas it would just state: "name(at)mydomain.nl"

After Christmas the Mail app displays the sender as "name(at)outlook.com on behalf of name(at)mydomain.nl"

At oulook.com

• I have deleted my connected accounts and re-installed them again.
    • I have also set and reset the Default sender address a number of times.
    • With little improvement.

I suspect that the W10 Mail app is be a bit off in displaying the original sender address where it should show the return address like other mail clients do.

Stephan Paternotte, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

how do I change the sender's name in windows live mail

1. how do I change the sender's name in windows live mail - Similar Threads - change sender's name

2. I don't see the option to change the sender name in the Windows Mail app. How do I find it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't see the option to change the sender name in the Windows Mail app. How do I find it?: I have multiple email accounts that sync in Windows Mail. However, I cannot find a way to change the sender name per email account. All the forums discuss a field where you can type in the Send Name, but I do not see that in my Mail app. Is there a new version that I need to...
  3. I don't see the option to change the sender name in the Windows Mail app. How do I find it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't see the option to change the sender name in the Windows Mail app. How do I find it?: I have multiple email accounts that sync in Windows Mail. However, I cannot find a way to change the sender name per email account. All the forums discuss a field where you can type in the Send Name, but I do not see that in my Mail app. Is there a new version that I need to...
  4. No Option to Change Sender Name in the Mail App, Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Option to Change Sender Name in the Mail App, Help!: [ATTACH] i tried to use this email for Commission. i never use my real name when registering, but somehow the app managed to find my real name and use it when i send email from this app. (it didn't happen when i send from gmail in browser.) every troubleshooting suggests...
  5. How do I change the mail adress sender in microsoft mail ?

How do I change the mail adress sender in microsoft mail ?: How do I select another mail to answer? its a fixed option, I cant find a way to change it! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-mail-adress-sender-in/539a74d2-4d5f-48e6-9913-ba565eb7060e
  6. No option to change sender name in Mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option to change sender name in Mail app: [ATTACH] Hi there -- it appears that the "send your messages using this name" is missing from the mail sync settings for all of my accounts (both gmail and outlook email accounts). As a result, emails sent using the Mail app all have the same name for the sender,...
  7. Change sender name on Windows10 mail app.

Change sender name on Windows10 mail app.: I am using Windows 10 mail app with all my gmail accounts, to keep them in one place. It works great but the one thing I don't like is it uses my name as the sender along with the email address. I want to be able to specify what name it shows for each account. I also saw...
  8. How to change sender's name in Windows Native MAIL APP AS OF MARCH 2020

How to change sender's name in Windows Native MAIL APP AS OF MARCH 2020: Hi all, After my windows 10 device did an update without asking, I can't seem to find the option to change my sender's name of the mail app in windows. It used to be under Settings -> Manage Account -> Change mailbox sync settings But now it seems to be gone and I cant...
  9. How can I change the name of the sender using Windows 10 mail?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I change the name of the sender using Windows 10 mail?: How can I change the name of the sender using Windows 10 mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-name-of-the-sender-using/dd7385f6-9672-427f-834d-2a08f2a0211c
  10. How to change Email Sender Name in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Email Sender Name in Windows 10 Mail app: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]With the built-in Mail app for – which is the new default client, you can connect and manage your multiple email accounts from a single point without having to load different websites to check and send your emails. In this [...] This post How to change Email...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change sender name in windows live mail

2. How to change the sender name

3. how to display an recipients name and not email address window live

4. change senders name in live,
  5. change name of sender in outlook.live,
  6. how to change name on sender windows10,
  7. how to edit sender names in windows live,
  8. outlook live change name of sender,
  9. change sender name in live mail windows 7,
  10. change sender address live mail,
  11. how to change senders name in live email,