Windows 10: How do I change the Windows 10 default start menu option

Discus and support How do I change the Windows 10 default start menu option in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to change the default menu that show up when you click the Windows Icon in the lower left corner of Windows 10. I removed all the tiles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by slim, Aug 9, 2017.

1. slim Win User

How do I change the Windows 10 default start menu option

Hi, I'm trying to change the default menu that show up when you click the Windows Icon in the lower left corner of Windows 10. I removed all the tiles from the start menu, so when I click the icon a blank screen comes up. I want "All apps" to come up when I click the Windows icon.

This is what show up when I click the Windows Icon: https://i.imgur.com/KlomY1v.png

This is what I want to show up when I click the Windows Icon:https://i.imgur.com/LTPxJti.png

Thank you.

:)

slim, Aug 9, 2017

2. Change default drive: How do I change the default drive that my system will install programs on?

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

In order to change the default installation directory, please change the following in the registry.

• Press Windows key + X, type regedit and press Enter.
    • Locate the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    • Right click on the value named ProgramFilesDir & change the default value
      C:\Program Files to the path you want to install all your programs in.
    • Click OK and Exit.

Windows, by default, will now install your programs in the new drive or path.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur
    if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back
    up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 9, 2017
  3. Change default drive: How do I change the default drive that my system will install programs on?

My problem is Windows 10 has already been installed. How do I move the existing stuff, as well as anything new?

I have completely filled up an SSD (Solid State Drive) which holds 236 Gig. I've tried removing all the cloud software which got me 38 GB but 2 days later it had filled up again. I figure the only way to get more space is to move the two Program Files to
    another drive.

Ed Isenberg, Aug 9, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

Click 'Settings' the icon between your user icon and power icon above the Start button. Hit 'Personalization' then 'Start'. Check the box in the screenshot below -

How do I change the Windows 10 default start menu option [​IMG]

mrgeek, Aug 9, 2017
Thema:

1. How do I change the Windows 10 default start menu option - Similar Threads - change default start

2. How do I change the Start Menu - Settings font?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the Start Menu - Settings font?: Version: Dev Build Number:21390.2025 Hello! I recently joined the dev insider program because I was hyped about the new icons and features and stuff that 21H2 will supposedly have. So, I brought me an update bringing these beautiful icons but at the same time that awful font...
  3. How do I change the Start Menu - Settings font?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change the Start Menu - Settings font?: Version: Dev Build Number:21390.2025 Hello! I recently joined the dev insider program because I was hyped about the new icons and features and stuff that 21H2 will supposedly have. So, I brought me an update bringing these beautiful icons but at the same time that awful font...
  4. Change Default Graphics Processor Context Menu option not doing anything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change Default Graphics Processor Context Menu option not doing anything: Windows 10 with NVIDIA processor: The "Change default graphics processor" context menu item should change the default graphics processor but it does not. [ATTACH] This setting can only be changed in the NVIDIA Control Panel >3D Settings > Manage 3D settings > Program...
  5. how to change start menu to default style from ViveTool to default

how to change start menu to default style from ViveTool to default: After new windows update I am installing new start menu style using ViveTool its successfully installed and after that I am unable to search in start menu and when ever i tried to open a apps they crashes so how to switch default windows 10 start menu style....
  6. How could I change my windows 10 start menu to default?

How could I change my windows 10 start menu to default?: Hello, I accediently messed up my windows start menu, so I want to ask how can I set it back to default. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-could-i-change-my-windows-10-start-menu-to/17d9cecf-b45c-424d-86bd-c04a9c27be5b
  7. How do I change the start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wooden_chest [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f2r5d6/how_do_i_change_the_start_menu/
  8. How to change default WIN10 start menu for ALL Users?

How to change default WIN10 start menu for ALL Users?: I decided to use windows 10 OS in my organization, but the problem is Windows Start Menu. Is it possible to modify default start menu for all computer local and domain users? I dont want to see news, finances, xbox etc tiles in start menu each time when new user will login to...
  9. Changing start menu icons to small by default

Changing start menu icons to small by default: Changing the icon size of a start menu icon is easy. But how can you make the start menu icons small by default so that you do not need to change the size every single time? [img] 66749
  10. Changing default folder location in the start menu

Changing default folder location in the start menu: Hi there! On the start - sorry for any possible mistakes, English is my second language ;) I've got everything set up perfectly, the problem is, that I want default Windows buttons in my start bar (The Documents, Images and Personal Files ones)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change start menu option