Windows 10: How do I change what is listed in the Type column in Windows Explorer?

Discus and support How do I change what is listed in the Type column in Windows Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, Back when my computer was initialized, most of my image file-types were connected to the abysmal Apowersoft crapware. I blasted away that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mattwarren, May 16, 2018.

1. How do I change what is listed in the Type column in Windows Explorer?

Hi all,

Back when my computer was initialized, most of my image file-types were connected to the abysmal Apowersoft crapware. I blasted away that garbage, but still see the vestiges hanging about. Although I have changed the default program for each of those file-types, I still see this nonsense in Windows Explorer:

How do I change what is listed in the Type column in Windows Explorer? [​IMG]

I would love to reset this. I can't help but feel like there's some grey-hat nonsense at work. Taking brand stickiness to a whole new height. Anyway, if you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Due to the terms surrounding this issue it's been quite difficult to effectively search for an answer.

:)

mattwarren, May 16, 2018

2. How do I change my apps list back to what it was?

The left swipe Apps list on my windows phone has changed without being updated. Rather then just being a list of apps it now has an alphabet search on it like on the contacts list. How do I remove the alphabet search on it and just leave it as a list
    of apps like it was before?

bhavraj2004, May 16, 2018
  3. How do I change default setting for saving a list

Windows 10 defaults my list files to alphabetical order How do I change this so my lists are saved in the order I wish? thanks

samantha campbell, May 16, 2018
Thema:

How do I change what is listed in the Type column in Windows Explorer?

1. How do I change what is listed in the Type column in Windows Explorer? - Similar Threads - change listed Type

2. How do I change file types to what I want

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change file types to what I want: I need to change the type of file but I have no idea how to do that, can someone please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-file-types-to-what-i-want/8e78b447-07f7-4c78-b2cb-bbfd464fbb52
  3. How do I change file types to what I want

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change file types to what I want: I need to change the type of file but I have no idea how to do that, can someone please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-file-types-to-what-i-want/8e78b447-07f7-4c78-b2cb-bbfd464fbb52
  4. disable windows 10 explorer automatic column type

disable windows 10 explorer automatic column type: Hello,I would like to disable windows 10 explorer automatic column type.When there are mp3 in a folder, windows will always reformat the column type. It will remove modified date, type, date created, etc. and replace it with title, contributing artists, etc.I always have to...
  5. How do I remove File Type column in Windows Explorer **GLOBALLY**?

How do I remove File Type column in Windows Explorer **GLOBALLY**?: I have gone thru every way of hitting "Apply to all Folders" after carefully removing the Type column. It is utter, useless, wasted space. A relic of Mac marketing, when they used to make fun of Dos/Windows for having...gasp...file extensions!First thing I do on any machine....
  6. How do I remove File Type column in Windows Explorer **GLOBALLY**?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I remove File Type column in Windows Explorer **GLOBALLY**?: I have gone thru every way of hitting "Apply to all Folders" after carefully removing the Type column. It is utter, useless, wasted space. A relic of Mac marketing, when they used to make fun of Dos/Windows for having...gasp...file extensions!First thing I do on any machine....
  7. How do I remove File Type column in Windows Explorer **GLOBALLY**?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How do we PERMANENTLY Get Rid of or REMOVE the "Type" column in Windows Explorer to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do we PERMANENTLY Get Rid of or REMOVE the "Type" column in Windows Explorer to...: How we can get rid of this "Type" column here? Right Click on the Column and un-select "Type", only a temporary fix. Next time you get into Windows Explorer, the column is back....
  9. How do we PERMANENTLY Get Rid of or REMOVE the "Type" column in Windows Explorer to...

How do we PERMANENTLY Get Rid of or REMOVE the "Type" column in Windows Explorer to...: How we can get rid of this "Type" column here? Right Click on the Column and un-select "Type", only a temporary fix. Next time you get into Windows Explorer, the column is back....
  10. how do i remove the 'status' column in windows explorer - permanently!

in Windows 10 Support
    how do i remove the 'status' column in windows explorer - permanently!: Hi Guys, i know how to adjust columns and add/remove columns in File Explorer, but when i remove the Status column via the usual method, the change in settings only lasts for that moment, meaning, if i deselect the status column, the column will reappear next time i go to...