Windows 10: How do I change what locations appear in Windows Explorer

Discus and support How do I change what locations appear in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] (BARS ON THE LEFT *Biggrin)Hello guys I'm looking to customize what appears in the quick access menu and I am also looking to give Google Drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by enviouz, Nov 5, 2015.

1. enviouz Win User

How do I change what locations appear in Windows Explorer

How do I change what locations appear in Windows Explorer [​IMG]
    (BARS ON THE LEFT *Biggrin)Hello guys I'm looking to customize what appears in the quick access menu and I am also looking to give Google Drive it's own drop down menu (not in quick access), is there some folder options that I can change somewhere to customize these things?

also how do I get rid of stuff in quick access? it looks really untidy and it's bothering me

thank you *Biggrin

:)

enviouz, Nov 5, 2015
  2. tootingSW Win User

How do I get the file explorer icon to appear in the task bar in Windows 10?

I do not have the file explorer icon on the desktop task bar. "Getting started" assumes it is there and gives no clue about how to get it there.

tootingSW, Nov 5, 2015
  3. Sharief K Win User
    How do I get the file explorer icon to appear in the task bar in Windows 10?

Hi,

Do you see the File Explorer option when you click on Start? If yes, right click on the File Explorer and click on Pin to taskbar.

If you don't see File Explorer option, type File Explorer in the search and right click on it and select Pin to taskbar.

Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Nov 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello enviouz, *Smile

If you like, look under "N" in our tutorial index for "Navigation Pane" tutorials. We have a few for add/remove and hide/show that may help you with this.

Brink, Nov 5, 2015
  5. AbAppletic, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I change what locations appear in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - change locations appear

2. What is this part of Windows Explorer, and how do I control what folders appear or do not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this part of Windows Explorer, and how do I control what folders appear or do not...: Lots of threads about how to manage "This PC," but this is not that. I don't want folders appearing there, and/or I'd like to add folders there and pin them. How do I:- Remove folders that are there now? - Prevent Windows from adding folders there automatically?- Add folders...
  3. What is this part of Windows Explorer, and how do I control what folders appear or do not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this part of Windows Explorer, and how do I control what folders appear or do not...: Lots of threads about how to manage "This PC," but this is not that. I don't want folders appearing there, and/or I'd like to add folders there and pin them. How do I:- Remove folders that are there now? - Prevent Windows from adding folders there automatically?- Add folders...
  4. How do I get everything to appear in one location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get everything to appear in one location: I transfered all files from win 10 pc to Win 11 Lll In One desktop .Now all my files are in different locations. Some have all the files and others don't I am very uncomfortable with this . Stressing me out to do basic functions like attach a file to an app, Please tell me...
  5. How do I get everything to appear in one location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get everything to appear in one location: I transfered all files from win 10 pc to Win 11 Lll In One desktop .Now all my files are in different locations. Some have all the files and others don't I am very uncomfortable with this . Stressing me out to do basic functions like attach a file to an app, Please tell me...
  6. How do I change default Install location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change default Install location?: I almost followed a tutorial which uses regedit and thanksfully I read the comments before restarting the PC (the comments were telling that the tutorial broke their computer) I switched the location to D drive for a brief moment and immediately switched back as soon as I saw...
  7. How do I change the location of This PC > Documents?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the location of This PC > Documents?: When I open File Explorer, under This PC I have the following: Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos. I'm trying to change the locations Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos from my bootup drive to a data drive. I've managed this for...
  8. Can I change what appears in file Explorer on the left side

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I change what appears in file Explorer on the left side: I had this problem back a while ago and I can't find the thread that helped me fix it anywhere. I rebuilt my system the other day so I had to switch out my motherboard to a new case, I made sure all the hard drives were connected to the same Sata ports so everything stayed...
  9. How do I change what is listed in the Type column in Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change what is listed in the Type column in Windows Explorer?: Hi all, Back when my computer was initialized, most of my image file-types were connected to the abysmal Apowersoft crapware. I blasted away that garbage, but still see the vestiges hanging about. Although I have changed the default program for each of those file-types, I...
  10. how do i change the location of 'documents'?

in Windows 10 Support
    how do i change the location of 'documents'?: Recently I've reset my laptop so i could use it for my education. However, since the reset the 'my documents' (and Pictures) user-folder at 'my PC' has been changed to the onedrive equivalent. I've tried turning off onedrive by changing my group policy, but it turned out...