Windows 10: How do i change where the Anniversary Update files go?

Discus and support How do i change where the Anniversary Update files go? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, TenForums, I'm new here, I'm pretty sure you guys are tired of posts like there but I'm having some trouble updating to build 1607. I'm on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EGStein, Aug 10, 2016.

1. EGStein Win User

How do i change where the Anniversary Update files go?

Hello, TenForums, I'm new here, I'm pretty sure you guys are tired of posts like there but I'm having some trouble updating to build 1607. I'm on Threshold 1511 (November 2015 Update) on my Laptop and I was getting really impatient about the Anniversary Update so I downloaded the Updater and started the update. I discovered that the Update Files go to my Recovery Partition that came with the Laptop and it was almost full

How do i change where the Anniversary Update files go? [​IMG]

During Update

A few minutes later I get this message:

Then, I found out that the update filled up my Recovery Partition

Is there any way I could move the update files to C: instead of the Recovery Partition?
    Thank you for any support *Smile

:)

EGStein, Aug 10, 2016

2. In Groove music, how do I change where files are downloaded after I purchase them in the store?

I buy songs from the Microsoft store, and they are downloaded to my local drive, but I want to change it to download to my OneDrive music folder. How do I do that?

uteweatherman, Aug 10, 2016
  3. In Groove music, how do I change where files are downloaded after I purchase them in the store?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

From the above description, I understand that you want to change the location of the downloaded
    music folder to OneDrive music folder.

It is not possible to change the location of one particular folder but you can change the location of all downloads, if you do so any downloads will go to OneDrive.

Follow the below steps.

- Open File Explorer.

- Right-click the folder that you want to redirect (Downloads), and then click
    Properties.

- Click the Location tab, and then click
    Move.

- Browse to the location where you want to redirect this folder. You can select another location on this computer, another drive attached to this computer, or another computer on the network. To find a network location, type two backslashes (\\)
    into the address bar followed by the name of the location where you want to redirect the folder (for example, \\mylaptop), and then press Enter.

- Click the folder where you want to store the files, click
    Select Folder, and then click OK.

- In the dialog that appears, click Yes to move all the files to the new location.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 10, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Is your system disk completely allocated to partitions with no spare space? I think you need at least 450Mb free for a new Recovery partition to be created.

dalchina, Aug 11, 2016
  5. EGStein Win User
    Unfortunately, all of my partitions is allocated to the recovery *Sad

EGStein, Aug 11, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Some odd partition sizes there (your first 2 recovery partitions).
    You have plenty of free space on C:
    I guess your comment
    "I discovered that the Update Files go to my Recovery Partition" refers to the OEM partition. I see what you mean now- the media creation tool is writing to that. Sorry, made an assumption before.

So what I suggest is that you download the iso directly
    Windows 10 ISO
    (& see Tutorial section). Just make sure you choose the right one.

You can burn a DVD, create a bootable USB drive with Rufus (free tool) or mount the iso.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do i change where the Anniversary Update files go? - Similar Threads - change where Anniversary

2. where do i go to find a screenshot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    where do i go to find a screenshot: Where do i go to find a screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-go-to-find-a-screenshot/e8daa79b-c929-4e7c-8060-89f0e9e7d99b
  3. Where do files go?

Where do files go?: Hello I accidently deleted Program files folder on my secondary HDD, which had just application data, I recovered 90 percent of it with Recuva, and have it on a external HDD, now my issue is where and how can I find where to put them cause its just a bunch of unorganized...
  4. where do i go to change windows app permissions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where do i go to change windows app permissions?: Where do i go to resend my windows permissions concerning certain applications ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-go-to-change-windows-app-permissions/fb9cc810-dc9d-4acb-9018-58f520c8e729
  5. Where do I go to change the knob scroll rate???

Where do I go to change the knob scroll rate???: As the title states, how do I change the mouse knob scroll rate … too many vertical clicks now … https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-i-go-to-change-the-knob-scroll-rate/b75ffad7-0a41-40a0-b8f1-8df733bfde91
  6. Where is the Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where is the Anniversary Edition: My desktop PC just updated but it shows Version 1511, OS Build 10586.545 – Where is the Anniversary update (I believe it's Version: 1607)? 59567
  7. How do I get the Anniversary Update??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I get the Anniversary Update??: The whole saga about the Anniversary Update has me very confused. How can I determine if I have the update, and if I don't have it how do I get it? 82732
  8. Anniversary Update - a no go here

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update - a no go here: Windows tried to install the anniversary update. Downloaded fine - restarted itself with the normal percent completed figures then after restarting got the - 'System Thread Exception Not Handled' message. Fortunately it auto restored the previous version of Win10 so no...
  9. Do I have the Anniversary Update?

Do I have the Anniversary Update?: Hi. Yesterday, I finally allowed my Win7 to be upgraded to Win10. While sorting a few things out, I saw many references on the Net to the 'Anniversary Update'. Wondering if I had it, I googled and found this: Anniversary update has 1607 build number. You should see Version...
  10. After Anniversary update...where are my hard drive boot files???

After Anniversary update...where are my hard drive boot files???: Please help! After yesterdays update (I used the media creation tool), I now have 3 partitions on my C drive. The top drive, before the update, didn't have the partition on the right (NTFS 450MB used). My boot file were in my "E" drive, but now where are they? Can I get...