Windows 10: How do I choose custom time at which Windows requires password?

Discus and support How do I choose custom time at which Windows requires password? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I'm wondering if I could choose specific time at which Windows does or does not require a password to log in. For example, if it's between 17:00... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by svirdulys, May 1, 2017.

1. svirdulys Win User

How do I choose custom time at which Windows requires password?

Hi,
    I'm wondering if I could choose specific time at which Windows does or does not require a password to log in. For example, if it's between 17:00 and 21:00, I can boot my PC and log in with ease, no password required. Modifying Windows is the way to do it, I guess?
    Thanks.

:)

svirdulys, May 1, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How do I choose which user account will be selected automatically on the sign-in screen?

I have found this to be a very odd behavior in Windows 10, which never happened in previous versions of Windows.

There is no way of setting the default user in Windows 10

The only thing you can do is apply a password to each user profile, then Windows 10 will not automatically sign in to any account automatically.

So when the PC boots, each user clicks on their account name and logs in

DaveM121, May 1, 2017
  3. How do I choose which user account will be selected automatically on the sign-in screen?

Hi,

Can you turn OFF the Privacy option from your
    Sign-in options
    ? Let's see if this will hide the accounts on your PC.

Here's how:

• Press the Windows + I keys to show
      Settings
    • Click Accounts.
    • Choose Sign-in options from the left pane.
    • Make sure that Privacy option is turned OFF.
    • Reboot your PC.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Michelle Her, May 1, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, May 1, 2017
Thema:

1. How do I choose custom time at which Windows requires password? - Similar Threads - choose custom requires

2. how do I choose which account I want money to open with

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I choose which account I want money to open with: I have a new computer and I have downloaded MS Money Sunset Plus. It's perfect for planning my budget. However, on my other computer I was able to have money open with my current bank account but I just can't get it set that way on my new computer. I have just forgotten how...
  3. how do I choose which account I want money to open with

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I choose which account I want money to open with: I have a new computer and I have downloaded MS Money Sunset Plus. It's perfect for planning my budget. However, on my other computer I was able to have money open with my current bank account but I just can't get it set that way on my new computer. I have just forgotten how...
  4. how do I choose which account I want money to open with

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Which password in WinRE do the repair options require?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which password in WinRE do the repair options require?: Hi guys, I updated my Lenovo 330 windows 10 and suddenly I could not print any document on my Kyocera FS-1120 printer. Every time I pressed a print command in any of the applications, windows would shut down. I tried to roll back the printer drivers but the roll back...
  6. How do I choose a custom colour for the folder back ground'?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I choose a custom colour for the folder back ground'?: I can select some custom colours but i can only see an option to have either a black background, this looks odd, or white this is too bright. I normally like a dark theme but not black, i need grey. How is it done?...
  7. which to choose- This is for a labtop I barely used and want to return so which do I choose...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    which to choose- This is for a labtop I barely used and want to return so which do I choose...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/etlwcs3f41761.png?width=852&format=png&auto=webp&s=1f8c31d68f0b1e5bdaa545d39a7c6f8f4d8404f9 submitted by /u/zaddy800 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kj4x3v/which_to_choose_this_is_for_a_labtop_i_barely/
  8. How do I choose which location to install to software on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I choose which location to install to software on Windows 10: I just got a new computer last night and I'm trying to install all the programs I use. The problem I'm running into is that I have two different hard drives. Drive C is an SSD drive with only 128 gb of hard drive space, and this is the primary drive. However, I also have a...
  9. How do I remove the Password and PIN requirement?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove the Password and PIN requirement?: I asked this once before and was given " NETPLWIZ " to remove the password and life was good. Then my IT guy installed the requirement for the PIN. How do we remove them again?...
  10. Customize "Choose which folders appear on start" ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize "Choose which folders appear on start" ?: In settings > personalization > start > Choose which folders appear on start Can we add custom folders to this ? There are some folders which I use very frequently which aren't any of the standard folders (downloads, documents etc) 21120