Windows 10: How do i Clean install Win 10 without losing my activation?

Discus and support How do i Clean install Win 10 without losing my activation? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I took part in the free upgrade offer from 7 and used the media creation tool to upgrade (probably should have waited for the upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MrOblivion, Jul 29, 2015.

1. How do i Clean install Win 10 without losing my activation?

Hello, I took part in the free upgrade offer from 7 and used the media creation tool to upgrade (probably should have waited for the upgrade notification but meh), It worked my windows 10 is activated but, I noticed that it wasn't a clean install and I'm not too fond of that so is it possible for me to do a clean install and be able to activate it still? Any help will be appreciated! *Smile

:)

MrOblivion, Jul 29, 2015
  2. ICCSW Win User

installed a new hard drive,

installed a new hard drive, want to do a clean install, how do I do this without a hard copy of my win 10 pro 64 bit os

ICCSW, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Win 8.1 to Win 10 to reset

Hello Microsoft community. I am posting from an ASUS F555L laptop I got back in 2015, that came with Win 8.1(OEM) . Naturally, I upgraded to Win 10 when the time came but I guess it is time to reset my PC, to clean it up a bit. Ideally, after the reset I
    will have a Win 10 install with the key I had from my original 8.1 setup, with none of my old files.

The question i have is, is this possible to do without reverting to Win 8.1 and potentially losing my Win 10 upgrade? If it is, how do I go about it?

If it is not possible, can I install a fresh version of Win 10 and then activate it with my current key? Where do I find that key?

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: I would like to add that my hard drive a C and a D partition. Can I clean the C partition and leave the D partition untouched for storage purposes?

FilipDjuricic, Jul 29, 2015
  4. mrgeek Win User

How do i Clean install Win 10 without losing my activation?

Now that you've upgraded, you can do a clean install from the media creation ISO -
    Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool - Windows Help

Skip down to 'How to Perform a Clean Install of Windows' and you get this Note. The important thing to keep in mind is that you need your current key to do a clean install AFTER you upgrade since you do not have a Windows 10 product key -

• On the Install Windows page, enter your language and other preferences, and then select Next.
    • Select Install Windows.
    • On the Enter the product key to activate Windows page, enter your product key. The product key should be in a purchase confirmation email if you bought Windows 10. It looks like this: PRODUCT KEY: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.

• Note
      • If you upgraded to Windows 10 on this PC by taking advantage of the free upgrade offer and successfully activated Windows 10 on this PC in the past, you won't have a Windows 10 product key, and you can skip the product key page by selecting the Skip button. Your PC will activate online automatically so long as the same edition of Windows 10 was successfully activated on this PC by using the free Windows 10 upgrade offer.

mrgeek, Jul 29, 2015
  5. so can I like install from a usb?

MrOblivion, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Yes, so long as you do not change the hardware in a major way, your activation is now tied to that hardware.

You will not lose activation by using a clean install, please follow this guide > Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

Windows Sniper, Jul 29, 2015
  7. bobkn Win User
    I can verify that this (clean install after one upgrade install) activates as advertised.

bobkn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do i Clean install Win 10 without losing my activation?

1. How do i Clean install Win 10 without losing my activation? - Similar Threads - Clean install without

2. Will i lose activation if i clean install new win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will i lose activation if i clean install new win 11: I have win 11 education via my university, i'm planning to format my laptop and clean install win11Will i lose tge activation? I still have the key...
  3. Will i lose activation if i clean install new win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will i lose activation if i clean install new win 11: I have win 11 education via my university, i'm planning to format my laptop and clean install win11Will i lose tge activation? I still have the key...
  4. How to do clean WIN 10 install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to do clean WIN 10 install: How to do?...
  5. How to do clean WIN 10 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. How to do clean WIN 10 install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Clean Install Windows 10 without losing the liscence activation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install Windows 10 without losing the liscence activation.: Hi,I want a clean install from CD/USB without losing the activation of the windows. I have Windows 10 Education and it's running slower. I'm going to install a SSD to my laptop and reinstall the OS there. How do i proceed?...
  8. Is there a way to do clean install without losing data?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a way to do clean install without losing data?: I am trying to reset my pc with the use of a windows installation media in usb. And i realized that i would need to delete all the existing partitions in order to proceed as seen in the picture. Am i right to say that if i do so all the data in my pc will be removed? If so,...
  9. How to Clean Install my Windows 10 without losing the license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Clean Install my Windows 10 without losing the license?: Hi I'm Praneeth, I need to wipe my 'c' drive and perform a clean install of Windows. I'm using Windows 10 Home with digital license. Also, This Laptop is connected with my Microsoft account. Will I able to perform this clean install without losing my license? What steps...
  10. How to Clean Install my Windows 10 without losing the license?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Clean Install my Windows 10 without losing the license?: Hi I'm Praneeth, I need to wipe my 'c' drive and perform a clean install of Windows. I'm using Windows 10 Home with digital license. Also, This Laptop is connected with my Microsoft account. Will I able to perform this clean install without losing my license? What steps...