How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists

Discus and support How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have over the last year or so populated this dropdown with many entries that I now want to remove. I see how to do it file by file (thanks to your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Owen Howell, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Owen Howell Win User

I have over the last year or so populated this dropdown with many entries that I now want to remove. I see how to do it file by file (thanks to your tutorials) but would like to reset/clear out these dropdown lists to start again.
    Many thanks
    How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists [​IMG]

:)

Owen Howell, Jul 5, 2018
  2. OCjp Win User

Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

OCjp, Jul 5, 2018
  3. RicW-nw Win User
    Metadata Tagging and Changing Detail Properties on WAV files

Hi Joel

Yes this has always been a headache for wav. file users. I believe it is simply due to the size of wav. files. Back when they were developed (partly by MS) they were for very small sound files (start-up - alerts etc.) and not expected to be used for large
    audio files so a tagging system was never developed. However, information can be added to the various fields in WMP but this does not stick to the file of course.

Converting the files to mp3 would mean adding the data there subsequently in most cases so it may be best to stick with what you have already.

As others have suggested there are limited tagging options for wav. by using the 'Audacity' audio editing suite. That would mean quite a lot of work for you, but I'll explain further if it is of any interest. In the meantime here is the link to the Audacity
    info pages (the program can also be downloaded there) and below that a 'properties-details' box of a wav. file saved with audacity - somewhat limited but maybe of some use!

Cheers, Ric.

http://www.audacityteam.org/about/

How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists f2276635-a6ae-4e87-ac96-7df4ff2a60a7.jpg

RicW-nw, Jul 5, 2018
  4. ChristineSwan Win User

Location of tags used

I know how to tag files. Where can I find the list of tags I've used? I know I can create tags "on the fly" which is the problem. Now I have some mistakes and after clean up, need to remove the 'mistakes' from the list. They aren't assigned to any files,
    and as long as they are being auto-suggested I risk using them.

Thank you

ChristineSwan, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists - Similar Threads - clean File Properties

2. Windows Update Clean-up files 3.99TB

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Clean-up files 3.99TB: Windows 10 just installed the latest update. It did take a little longer than usual to restart. I went to do a clean-up and backup before shutting down for the night and it claims I have 3.99TB of old Windows Update files. The fact I only have a 500gb SSD drive, I find...
  3. How can I clean these .MUM and .CAT files from failed updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I clean these .MUM and .CAT files from failed updates?: Thanks for the info will see how it works...I'm still on v1703 but that won't change anything will it? Going to wait for the next release to upgrade. Hell an upgrade would probably clear up my problem now wouldn't it? *chuckle Suppose I could wait on that LOL!
  4. Cleaning windows files with CCleaner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cleaning windows files with CCleaner: I need suggestion about cleaning windows files with CCleaner, what files can i remove safely without damaging my OS. And which one should i checklist from menu. I am adding some screenshots. [img] [img] 80098
  5. Audio music files crash Windows (1607), even after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio music files crash Windows (1607), even after clean install: I'm at a loss. With 1511, everything was fine. Since going to 1607 a couple of months ago, things have gone haywire, as documented in other threads.* Among the biggest problems has been that music files played via players (not online streaming) invariably crash during the...
  6. Clean File Repository - Save Valuable Disk Space With This Trick

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Clean File Repository - Save Valuable Disk Space With This Trick: *This trick/tutorial is only viable for those who had their system setups for a while and had been constantly updating their drivers to the latest. So while I was lately focused on fixing a crash caused by windows update service attempting to force update my graphics...
  7. Why are there "System error memory dump files" in Disk Clean-up?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why are there "System error memory dump files" in Disk Clean-up?: I am running Windows 10 Pro. My system is running perfectly. There are zero "Event viewer" errors on every restart. I have never had a BSOD and everything works perfectly.........but, on every other restart I am seeing "System error memory dump files" in the Disk Clean-up...
  8. After Keep My Files Clean Install HDD Memory is still the same

in Windows 10 Support
    After Keep My Files Clean Install HDD Memory is still the same: So I did a clean install that would keep my Files and delete all the apps, but now I still have 350GB of HDD Memeory, instead of 800GB Or so 67927
  9. Windows 10 usb clean install freezing at "getting files ready..."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 usb clean install freezing at "getting files ready...": I've been trying to get windows installed again on my laptop after I formatted the disk to start over. I created a usb installer using their special utility and ran it. I have also attempted to create the image using winUSB on my ubuntu partition with the exact same results....
  10. Clean Windows 10 install due to corrupt file system/no boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Windows 10 install due to corrupt file system/no boot: Grettings All, I'm currently working on a laptop for a friend that has Windows 10 and is in a non bootable state with missing files, directories, reset options and is stuck in the "Unable to Fix" state. I'm pretty sure the issue is related to BCD and boot options but all...