Windows 10: How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists

Discus and support How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have over the last year or so populated this dropdown with many entries that I now want to remove. I see how to do it file by file (thanks to your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Owen Howell, Jul 5, 2018.

1. How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists

I have over the last year or so populated this dropdown with many entries that I now want to remove. I see how to do it file by file (thanks to your tutorials) but would like to reset/clear out these dropdown lists to start again.
    Many thanks
    How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists [​IMG]

:)

Owen Howell, Jul 5, 2018
  2. OCjp Win User

Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

OCjp, Jul 5, 2018
  3. RicW-nw Win User
    Metadata Tagging and Changing Detail Properties on WAV files

Hi Joel

Yes this has always been a headache for wav. file users. I believe it is simply due to the size of wav. files. Back when they were developed (partly by MS) they were for very small sound files (start-up - alerts etc.) and not expected to be used for large
    audio files so a tagging system was never developed. However, information can be added to the various fields in WMP but this does not stick to the file of course.

Converting the files to mp3 would mean adding the data there subsequently in most cases so it may be best to stick with what you have already.

As others have suggested there are limited tagging options for wav. by using the 'Audacity' audio editing suite. That would mean quite a lot of work for you, but I'll explain further if it is of any interest. In the meantime here is the link to the Audacity
    info pages (the program can also be downloaded there) and below that a 'properties-details' box of a wav. file saved with audacity - somewhat limited but maybe of some use!

Cheers, Ric.

http://www.audacityteam.org/about/

How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists f2276635-a6ae-4e87-ac96-7df4ff2a60a7.jpg

RicW-nw, Jul 5, 2018
  4. How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists

Location of tags used

I know how to tag files. Where can I find the list of tags I've used? I know I can create tags "on the fly" which is the problem. Now I have some mistakes and after clean up, need to remove the 'mistakes' from the list. They aren't assigned to any files,
    and as long as they are being auto-suggested I risk using them.

Thank you

ChristineSwan, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists

1. How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists - Similar Threads - clean File Properties

2. Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11: I know how to remove a tag from a jpg file. That's not my question. I want to know how to remove a tag from the suggested list of tags? See screenshotI don't want Buchanan County to be suggested. It was an error when I originally added it to a jpg. I've removed that tag from...
  3. Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11: I know how to remove a tag from a jpg file. That's not my question. I want to know how to remove a tag from the suggested list of tags? See screenshotI don't want Buchanan County to be suggested. It was an error when I originally added it to a jpg. I've removed that tag from...
  4. How do I remove certain details from file properties for a file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I remove certain details from file properties for a file.: I want to change/remove preferably remove certain details in the 'details' section of file properties of a file. That may not have made any sense so I'll try to explain at again. When I right click on a file and then click on 'Properties' and go to 'Details', there are...
  5. in files properties details some of the attributes have drop down lists, how do i edit a list?

in files properties details some of the attributes have drop down lists, how do i edit a list?: in files properties details some of the attributes have drop down lists, how do i edit a list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-files-properties-details-some-of-the-attributes/69df5c03-d97a-4f18-b122-1d61bdc524a7
  6. How do I edit the "People" tag on images in the Details pane?

How do I edit the "People" tag on images in the Details pane?: Windows 10 File Explorer supports showing the People tag when a JPG is tagged with a name in the properties on the details pane... [ATTACH] It also supports "Group by" for folders and it does group files by the tag... [ATTACH] The Details pane doesn't show the People...
  7. Clean up tags appearing in autocomplete lists

Clean up tags appearing in autocomplete lists: I want to delete unused tags from the autocomplete list that appears when I tag a file. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-up-tags-appearing-in-autocomplete-lists/e7963bc8-f627-44a1-8abc-7bc82c25e3a8"
  8. MP3 file property details

MP3 file property details: When I update mp3 properties details contributing artist, a drop down window appears with artist names. How do I add artist to this list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp3-file-property-details/16ba24b3-cbf1-48b6-864c-c88c978712bc"
  9. File Explorer no longer lists out previously used tags in properties

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer no longer lists out previously used tags in properties: So my problem is that when typing into the tags field on File Explorer, it no longer opens a list of all tags that I could be typing. For example, if I wanted to add the tag "Male" to a picture I have, when typing the "M" it would already list out all tags I've used that...
  10. Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags: I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details...