Windows 10: How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists

Discus and support How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have over the last year or so populated this dropdown with many entries that I now want to remove. I see how to do it file by file (thanks to your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Owen Howell, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Owen Howell Win User

How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists

I have over the last year or so populated this dropdown with many entries that I now want to remove. I see how to do it file by file (thanks to your tutorials) but would like to reset/clear out these dropdown lists to start again.
    Many thanks
    How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists [​IMG]

:)

Owen Howell, Jul 5, 2018
  2. OCjp Win User

Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

OCjp, Jul 5, 2018
  3. RicW-nw Win User
    Metadata Tagging and Changing Detail Properties on WAV files

Hi Joel

Yes this has always been a headache for wav. file users. I believe it is simply due to the size of wav. files. Back when they were developed (partly by MS) they were for very small sound files (start-up - alerts etc.) and not expected to be used for large
    audio files so a tagging system was never developed. However, information can be added to the various fields in WMP but this does not stick to the file of course.

Converting the files to mp3 would mean adding the data there subsequently in most cases so it may be best to stick with what you have already.

As others have suggested there are limited tagging options for wav. by using the 'Audacity' audio editing suite. That would mean quite a lot of work for you, but I'll explain further if it is of any interest. In the meantime here is the link to the Audacity
    info pages (the program can also be downloaded there) and below that a 'properties-details' box of a wav. file saved with audacity - somewhat limited but maybe of some use!

Cheers, Ric.

http://www.audacityteam.org/about/

How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists f2276635-a6ae-4e87-ac96-7df4ff2a60a7.jpg

RicW-nw, Jul 5, 2018
  4. ChristineSwan Win User

Location of tags used

I know how to tag files. Where can I find the list of tags I've used? I know I can create tags "on the fly" which is the problem. Now I have some mistakes and after clean up, need to remove the 'mistakes' from the list. They aren't assigned to any files,
    and as long as they are being auto-suggested I risk using them.

Thank you

ChristineSwan, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I clean out File;Properties;Details;Tags dropdown lists - Similar Threads - clean File Properties

2. File Explorer List and Details buttons

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer List and Details buttons: I appreciate being able to customize the buttons on the file explorer toolbar. However, I am constantly switching back and forth between the List and Details view. Is their any way to isolate theses two buttons and place them individually on the toolbar, just like the List...
  3. Windows 10 Flac Tag Problems in File Explorer with Details Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Flac Tag Problems in File Explorer with Details Pane: I don't know if this is just me or not, but it seems like whenever I use the details pane to edit the tags of .flac audio files, File Explorer really starts slow down. I also have this problem whenever I simply highlight .flac audio files in File Explorer. I notice that this...
  4. How do I edit/view 'comments' tag for .PNG files ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I edit/view 'comments' tag for .PNG files ?: I can edit and view the tags (? these are called tags right ?) like 'Comments', 'Title', 'Authors' etc for .JPG and .JPEG files but cannot do the same for .PNG files. How do I it ? If it is not possible, then is there any way to convert 100s of png files to some other format...
  5. How do I get to The Edge Properties?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I get to The Edge Properties?: I used to use Windows 7 and I could just right click on my internet explorer (or any browser for that matter) and then I could select properties. If I do that in Windows 10 all I see is "unpin from Taskbar". How can I get to the properties? Thanks, 42505
  6. Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags: I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details...
  7. File properties issue, Details automatically deleted.

in Windows 10 Support
    File properties issue, Details automatically deleted.: Hi, apologies if in the wrong area. I've updated Windows to the latest version recently, and when changing file properties on mp3's (as I do) what tends to happen is if I want to even capitalise a letter (i for I) or change a year in the file properties, ALL the...
  8. How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer?: I've pinned my File Explorer to my taskbar and I have a lot of quick-access links pinned to it. [img] Because of that, I only get one item of my recently opened folders and files. Is there a way to expand the list of the recent files in that taskbar File Explorer?...
  9. How do I find file properties like" location"?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I find file properties like" location"?: I want the "Photos" app to open certain files from windows explorer by default. When I click on "Open with" the win 10 app "photos" is not on the drop down list. When I go to find it, I right click on the app on the 10 home screen and properties is not listed so I can't get...
  10. Do I Customize View in File Folder Using Tags or Comments, and how?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I Customize View in File Folder Using Tags or Comments, and how?: Hi, I have files where I have named each one a recipe I have. I have begun the name of each recipe with a letter grade based upon how much I like it, e.g. A+ Stir-fried chicken, A Steak, A- Fish, B+ Hamburger, etc. I would like to list the files with the highest grade...