Windows 10: How do I clear ALL of my Imported Favourites from Edge?

Discus and support How do I clear ALL of my Imported Favourites from Edge? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, Recently updated to Windows 10 and found that Chrome now has a tendency to freeze so thought I'd give Edge a crack of the whip! I imported... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by marco772, Oct 2, 2015.

1. marco772 Win User

How do I clear ALL of my Imported Favourites from Edge?

Hi,

Recently updated to Windows 10 and found that Chrome now has a tendency to freeze so thought I'd give Edge a crack of the whip!

I imported all my Favourites but now realise I have far too many collected over the years and half of them are obsolete! Rather than painstakingly pruning them, I want to wipe the whole lot (just from Edge) and then repopulate Favourites manually. I for the life of me find a simple way of doing this. Can someone please help me out with this?

(Also, can you not simply drag and drop from the Address Bar into the Favourites Bar as you can on Chrome?)

Thanks for reading!
    Mark

:)

marco772, Oct 2, 2015
  2. Nuding20 Win User

Organising Favourites Bar

I have recently upgraded to Windows10 and have imported all my favourites into the edge favourites bar. They have not consolidated alphabetically so I have a long list through three separate alphabetical shorter lists with repeats. How do I get them
    into one long alphabetical list so that I can clear repeats easily?

Nuding20, Oct 2, 2015
  3. DetestMS Win User
    Deleted IE favorites keep returning

Well if you turn on syncing again back come the deleted favourites because they are on the cloud somewhere. Still not sure how the 8.1 Phone, Edge and IE interact. I cleared my PC Edge of all its Favourites and just turned on the Sync your content setting
    in Edge to see what would happen and it automatically switched back on 'Import favourites' 'Get your favourites from another Browser' and reinserted a tick against IE. Consequently it refilled with the local IE Favourites, except of course the ones it never
    copies across for some reason. What a bloody mess!

As for the really useful suggestion to delete my 700 odd Favourites........ you know what you can do with that idea! Incidentally there is no way of deleting favourites on the phone without doing them individually which is pretty pathetic too.

DetestMS, Oct 2, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

To delete favorites, hit *Start + R to open a Run box, type

Code: %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites[/quote] and press <enter>

Then delete everything in the favorites folder than opens in file explorer.

I don't think so. As far as I know you have to click on the star button to right of the address. Edge is a bit unfinished when it comes to favorites at the moment.

lx07, Oct 2, 2015
  5. marco772 Win User
    Thank you so very much! This has had me scratching my head for days now!

Now they just need to make it so you can reorder them (ie. drag them from the dropdown to the main bar and it'll all be good!).

Thanks again. *Smile

marco772, Oct 2, 2015
  6. All I do is open favourites bar right click and remove the ones I don't want that way you don't have to go through all of them again putting them back in

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I clear ALL of my Imported Favourites from Edge? - Similar Threads - clear Imported Favourites

2. new ms edge - how do i restore my old edge favourites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new ms edge - how do i restore my old edge favourites: I would like to restore my old edge favourites to the new ms edge with one click access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-ms-edge-how-do-i-restore-my-old-edge/d21017b0-331f-4b51-912a-e3533a534e59
  3. Favourites missing from Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favourites missing from Edge: I purchased a new product key and reinstalled my operating system, but I don't see the MS Edge Favourites, even though I tried to import Favourites. I do see them when I use my other computer which logs in using the same Microsoft account. What should I do? Thanks....
  4. How Do I Import Passwords and History From Firefox Into Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How Do I Import Passwords and History From Firefox Into Edge: Hello Everybody, I am a very happy Windows 10 user, and I would like to begin to use Edge more, maybe even as my primary web browser. The problem is that I have been using Firefox for many years and I keep all of passwords and settings and history stored in Firefox, I...
  5. How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.: Hi, I want to export Bookmarks bar (not bookmarks) from Chrome and then import to Edge's Favorites bar. How do I do? Thank you, 65317
  6. Organise Favourites in Edge - how?

in Browsers and Email
    Organise Favourites in Edge - how?: I can drag and drop within the Favourites list, but there seems to be no way to get a link out of a folder and back into the main list, for example. No way to 'organise Favourites'. Am I overlooking something? 21223
  7. How to Manage Favourites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to Manage Favourites in Edge: Hi All I have a W10 laptop, W10 desktop, an iPad and an iPhone. I've disabled web browser setting synchronisation as this doesn't apply to my non-MS devices. I'm using iCloud for Windows 4.1 and this does a great job of synching IE bookmarks to Safari (if I use the...
  8. Importing favourites from a bookmark html file into Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Importing favourites from a bookmark html file into Edge browser: Hi, I would like to know the most reliable method to import Bookmarks/favourites saved on a USB stick in HTML file format into the Edge browser. I asked a similar question ages ago and importing with Edge was buggy so I'm wondering if the process works any better now? I...
  9. How do i transfer Edge Favourites into Internet Explorer?

in Browsers and Email
    How do i transfer Edge Favourites into Internet Explorer?: Is it possible to transfer Edge Favourites into Internet Explorer? Ive backed up my Edge favourites as a HTML file but if I try and import the file into Internet Explorer it only imports half of the favourites. There is a red cross and it says some settings were not imported...
  10. Problems with imported Favourites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with imported Favourites in Edge: Hello. I have two problems with the Edge browser: First, I have imported my favourites from Google Chrome but not all of them have transferred. I have looked in the folder %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorite...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to clear imported favourites

2. clear all edge faourites