Windows 10: How do i clear my new pc of folders & one drive access when account has been changed?

Discus and support How do i clear my new pc of folders & one drive access when account has been changed? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After accidentally setting up my sons new laptop with my microsoft account i have successfully changed the admin account on it to his microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Katie Adams1, Jun 12, 2024.

1. How do i clear my new pc of folders & one drive access when account has been changed?

After accidentally setting up my sons new laptop with my microsoft account i have successfully changed the admin account on it to his microsoft account but all my account folders on the desktop & one drive are still visible & accessible on his pc, how do i remove these so he has a clean laptop with only the softwear that came new?

:)

Katie Adams1, Jun 12, 2024

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 12, 2024
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. How do i clear my new pc of folders & one drive access when account has been changed?

Change folder location in Quick Access menu

Because my hard drive was reaching "full", I had to move my music folder to a second hard drive. The "This PC" menu responded correctly and points to the new location but the "Quick Access" menu responds that the "location is not available", with a big red
    X. I have tried several ways of altering the folder location from F:\... to G:\... (ie I just moved the folder from the root of F to the root of G. Could you offer any suggestions please? (Note, clearing the file list only clears recently accessed files and
    does not reset or remove folders.)

Thanks,

Roy

ps I am using Win 10 pro.

TheIreland, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

How do i clear my new pc of folders & one drive access when account has been changed?

1. How do i clear my new pc of folders & one drive access when account has been changed? - Similar Threads - clear folders drive

2. How do i clear my new pc of folders & one drive access when account has been changed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i clear my new pc of folders & one drive access when account has been changed?: After accidentally setting up my sons new laptop with my microsoft account i have successfully changed the admin account on it to his microsoft account but all my account folders on the desktop & one drive are still visible & accessible on his pc, how do i remove these so he...
  3. My account was changed and I don't have access to the new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account was changed and I don't have access to the new one: the account connected to Microsoft everything i have got transferred to a new email that i don't have access to. after that my old account was deleted. I recreated an account with the same email but lost access to all microsoft programs linked to my old account.I don't know...
  4. My account was changed and I don't have access to the new one

My account was changed and I don't have access to the new one: the account connected to Microsoft everything i have got transferred to a new email that i don't have access to. after that my old account was deleted. I recreated an account with the same email but lost access to all microsoft programs linked to my old account.I don't know...
  5. My adult account has been changed to a child account and I am unable to access my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My adult account has been changed to a child account and I am unable to access my account.: My adult account which I have had for years has suddenly asked for parental consent. When I put in my email address and password to say I give consent, it takes me back to the first message asking for parental consent. I am unable to access my emails at all. I have been in...
  6. My adult account has been changed to a child account and I am unable to access my account.

My adult account has been changed to a child account and I am unable to access my account.: My adult account which I have had for years has suddenly asked for parental consent. When I put in my email address and password to say I give consent, it takes me back to the first message asking for parental consent. I am unable to access my emails at all. I have been in...
  7. My adult account has been changed to a child account and I am unable to access my account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  8. How to take off everything on One Drive once One Drive has been deleted on my PC?

How to take off everything on One Drive once One Drive has been deleted on my PC?: I deleted One Drive from my PC. However, it's still show 99% full storage on my outlook account. I don't want anything on One Drive. I even deleted it from my PC. How can I delete my things on One Drive, or stop showing 99% full storage on my outlook account?...
  9. How to take off everything on One Drive once One Drive has been deleted on my PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to take off everything on One Drive once One Drive has been deleted on my PC?: I deleted One Drive from my PC. However, it's still show 99% full storage on my outlook account. I don't want anything on One Drive. I even deleted it from my PC. How can I delete my things on One Drive, or stop showing 99% full storage on my outlook account?...
  10. How to take off everything on One Drive once One Drive has been deleted on my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming