Windows 10: How do I completely remove a user account from Windows 10. Only option is "Block"!

Discus and support How do I completely remove a user account from Windows 10. Only option is "Block"! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi My husband and I want to remove his user account from my laptop. I thought I knew how ... ie, Settings/Accounts/Family & Other People, click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by celinego, Jul 14, 2018.

1. celinego Win User

How do I completely remove a user account from Windows 10. Only option is "Block"!

Hi

My husband and I want to remove his user account from my laptop. I thought I knew how ... ie, Settings/Accounts/Family & Other People, click on his user name and then Remove.

But Remove isn't an option any more, only Block, which says it will block him from signing in and using the PC but I can allow him again at any time.

This sounds to me like it is literally just permanently blocking him, rather than removing him and all his folders from my laptop which is what I really want to do to get more space back for me too.

Any way I can do this? Do I have to edit the registry and if so, how please? Why can't you offer both options ie Remove or Block?

Thanks.

:)

celinego, Jul 14, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Look at this thread,How to Delete a User Account in Windows 10, it may help. You can try the various methods.
    Make sure you are using an administrative account when removing the account or log on using the Administrator's account.

Or, if you are patient and know what you are doing, manually remove it.

Either way, Goodluck.

95Viper, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jul 14, 2018
  4. How do I completely remove a user account from Windows 10. Only option is "Block"!

trying to remove user account

Hi Jack,

Deleting a user account in a Windows device can be done by an administrator. Before removing the user account, make sure that you are using an administrator account to avoid errors.

Follow these steps to remove a user account in your computer:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Click on User Accounts and then Select User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage User Accounts.
    • Choose the account that you want to delete.
    • Click on Delete the account.
    • Choose if you want to keep the files or delete the files in the user account that you'll be removing.
    • Click on Delete Account button to complete the process.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

How do I completely remove a user account from Windows 10. Only option is "Block"!

1. How do I completely remove a user account from Windows 10. Only option is "Block"! - Similar Threads - completely remove user

2. How do I completely remove my User Account from this computer and transfer 100% ownership...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I completely remove my User Account from this computer and transfer 100% ownership...: This is a home-built computer running Windows 10. How do I completely remove my Microsoft User Account and personal information from the computer and transfer 100% ownership to my wife and have only her Microsoft Account information on the computer? I don't want her listed as...
  3. How do I completely remove my User Account from this computer and transfer 100% ownership...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I completely remove my User Account from this computer and transfer 100% ownership...: This is a home-built computer running Windows 10. How do I completely remove my Microsoft User Account and personal information from the computer and transfer 100% ownership to my wife and have only her Microsoft Account information on the computer? I don't want her listed as...
  4. How do I completely remove my User Account from this computer and transfer 100% ownership...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do i remove a microsoft account from my windows user

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i remove a microsoft account from my windows user: so guys i just wanna change my windows user microsoft account to something else but with same files no change pls help anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-a-microsoft-account-from-my/26187221-f3fc-4d95-b3f0-217d7adffa60
  6. How do I remove an account from windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove an account from windows 10?: I have a grand total of 3 accounts now linked to my windows 10 installation and only one of them (the one I actually want to be linked) I can actually remove. I go to settings>accounts>email&accounts and I only have the option to manage the accounts, but no button that says...
  7. How do i remove a old user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do i remove a old user account: Hi i have bought a used laptop running windows 10 home and i have followed this tutorial To Change Name of a Local Account in Control Panel And i have changed the user name ok but when i look with file explorer at the users folder the old name is still there so how do i...
  8. How do I block a user account from installing literally anything?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I block a user account from installing literally anything?: I have been at this for 2 hours and I still can't figure out why the hell this isn't working. I've gone through guest accounts, UAC, and the group policy editor, and yet the guess account can still install and run .exe files like Firefox and Discord I want the guest account...
  9. How do I create a completely separate user account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I create a completely separate user account?: I have a main account that I use day to day for work and general use, however I want to create a new separate account that does NOT share any files, apps or anything with the first account. This is because i want my second account for only games and my first one for only work...
  10. How do I remove a user account from my desktop computer with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove a user account from my desktop computer with Windows 10: How do I remove a user account from my desktop computer with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/how-do-i-remove-a-user-account-from-my-desktop/205499b2-f0c1-401b-8299-5d2d4b08a07b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant i remove an account from windows 10

2. no option to delete an account only to block

3. windows 10 user remove block

4. how to completely remove my account info from a windows 10 only user,
  5. how to delete account on windows 10 only block is the option,
  6. no option to remove user in windows 10 block,
  7. block vs. remove user windows 10,
  8. windows 10 remove user is block,
  9. option to block account no option to remove account,
  10. windows 10 block user no remove,
  11. why does it say change acc typ or block when i want to remove account on windows 10,
  12. remove user account windows 10 block