Windows 10: How do I completely reset newly purchased custom built PC?

Discus and support How do I completely reset newly purchased custom built PC? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I purchased a new custom built pc and they have already installed a version of windows 10 which I don't intend to use in any cost. I know that there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chandrashekhar, Jun 24, 2017.

1. How do I completely reset newly purchased custom built PC?

I purchased a new custom built pc and they have already installed a version of windows 10 which I don't intend to use in any cost. I know that there is an option to reset this pc in windows but it will only reinstall the same windows again, how do i reset this pc to that state where was just assembled and no windows installed?

:)

Chandrashekhar, Jun 24, 2017
  2. Kaivey Win User

Reporting latest Windows 10 Update 25/09/2016 problems.

No, it's still too slow. This is a Newly custom built PC with clean install Windows 10, which was perfectly okay before the upgrade yesterday. How do I let MS know, and how do I revert it back to the old build?

Many thanks.

Kaivey, Jun 24, 2017
  3. LUMIA 520 HOME SCREEN RESET

How can i reset my lumia 520 Home screen to its default mean how can I restore 520 homescreen icons on their original places like a new mobile.. I want my homescreen of lumia 520 complete like a newly purchased set..

SHAHANBUTT, Jun 24, 2017
  4. Winuser Win User

How do I completely reset newly purchased custom built PC?

You want a completely blank HDD or to go back to a previous OS?

Winuser, Jun 24, 2017
  5. Blank HDD

Chandrashekhar, Jun 24, 2017
  6. Winuser Win User
    If you have access to another computer you could hook the drive to it and format it. If you want to install another OS the install disk should give you the option to format the drive.

Winuser, Jun 24, 2017
  7. Kari Win User
    1.) Remove all possible external devices except mouse and display

2.) Boot to Advanced Start-up Options (tutorial)

3.) Select Troubleshoot, on next screen select Advanced Options, on next screen select Command Prompt

4.) When Command Prompt starts, enter command DISKPART and press Enter

5.) Enter following commands one by one, pressing Enter after each command:

sel disk 0
    clean
    exit
    6.) Shut down PC. Your hard disk is now wiped clean and unformatted with no traces of Windows 10. Notice that the PC will no longer be able to boot by itself; to install another OS you have to boot it from install media (USB or DVD).

Kari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How do I completely reset newly purchased custom built PC?

1. How do I completely reset newly purchased custom built PC? - Similar Threads - completely reset newly

2. Realtek not working on newly built pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek not working on newly built pc: I recently built a new pc and I realized right away that I am able to use my headphones connected through an interface and can use audio coming through my monitor with an HDMI. But I cannot use speakers plugged directly into my motherboard. I have uninstalled/reinstalled...
  3. Newly built pc keeps crashing

Newly built pc keeps crashing: I have recently built a new pc and I had succesfully installed windows on it but aboit 30 min after into my setup my pc crashed. After it crashed it would only reboot to my bios screen an I have no option in my boot priority. I thought it was my ssd so with some researxhI...
  4. Newly built pc Help! please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Newly built pc Help! please: Hi, So everything was going great until i tried to install windows 10 from a pre made windows 10 installation usb bought from amazon. error message: Windows failed to start then says.. The operating system couldnt be loaded because the system registry file is missing or...
  5. Newly built PC crashed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Newly built PC crashed: Hi, I just built a pc but it just crashed on me and I'm trying to figure it out. is there a way to figure out why my PC crashed using a .dmp file? All i see in there is unknown characters. Here's the link to the file...
  6. Newly built pc help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Newly built pc help: So ive got my pc all built and set up. I have windows 10 on a laptop, and got windows 10 education for free. So i know theres a media creation tool, do i just use that and then enter the product key once i put the usb in the pc and boot it up? submitted by /u/Hballzz...
  7. newly built pc

newly built pc: so my friend helped me build my first pc and now I am having problems I keep getting a different blue screen and I don't know what to do I have tried to fix them by looking them up but it doesn't seem to work...
  8. Newly built PC crashes continuously

Newly built PC crashes continuously: I recently built a PC with a Ryzen 7 2700 RX 590 gpu, 16 gb ram ddr4 and gigabyte b450m ds3h. As for storage I installed my old HDD (that had windows installed) and 970 EVO Plus m2 ssd. At the begining I booted form the old HDD but despite installing new drivers windows...
  9. Newly Built PC random BSODs

Newly Built PC random BSODs: I just built this PC and I keep getting random BSODs. I used driver verifier and it showed that there is a issue with the sound driver. I updated it, but I still get the bsods but am not sure if it is for a different reason. . The PC also started randomly stuttering after the...
  10. Where to purchase a Windows 10 license for a custom built PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where to purchase a Windows 10 license for a custom built PC?: Okay so I'm really confused. On the entire Microsoft site and store there is no mention of any method to purchase a Windows 10 license. All they offer is a free upgrade. I can't do that since I built a custom PC with no prior OS. So I need to buy a license. Where can I find...