Windows 10: How do I completely uninstall Google Chrome including all its files?

Discus and support How do I completely uninstall Google Chrome including all its files? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've just put Avast Antivirus on Windows 10 and unticked the box to Install Windows Chrome, then a couple of minutes later advised me that Avast needed... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Cyberdesigner, Aug 10, 2015.

1. How do I completely uninstall Google Chrome including all its files?

I've just put Avast Antivirus on Windows 10 and unticked the box to Install Windows Chrome, then a couple of minutes later advised me that Avast needed updating, so thinking that this would do no harm I clicked yes.

Then it tried to install Google Chrome, which just came up as a white space on my Desk Top.

As I am new to Windows 10, I didn't know about Windows Defender, which I've now found and turned on.

Also I didn't want Google Chrome, as unlike some, I was very happy with Edge

I have now uninstalled Avast and Also Google Chrome but the Old Files are still there and won't delete.

Also I don't want to Install a programme just to get rid of another one.

Worst of all, one of those two Programmes, played havoc with Windows 10 causing the Display driver to Crash and where Windows 10 used to boot up in 'Nano Seconds' it now takes a lot longer.

If push came to shove, I would do a clean install from my ISO disk but dare not do it until I am sure that MS has got me registered as a Windows 10 user.

Any Ideas?

:)

Cyberdesigner, Aug 10, 2015

2. Google chrome has has complete stopped work

What's going on with Google chrome its completely stop , i uninstalled google chrome & tried to reinstall google chrome wont install or work after a Microsoft window 10 update this isn't the first time so what the **** is Microsoft playing at because it
    screwed up my pc

gerrybarnaby, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Unable to uninstall Chrome

I'm using Windows 10 and when trying to uninstall Chrome, I'm getting this popup:

"Please close all Google Chrome windows (including those in Windows 8 mode) and try again."

How do I find open windows in Windows 8?

Moved from Windows XP

Original title: help with uninstall

coolchick89, Aug 10, 2015
  4. torre Win User

How do I completely uninstall Google Chrome including all its files?

Avast Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for Avast Removal

Uninstall Google Chrome Completely (How to) - YouTube

Check the above links.

I would also do a System Restore to a point before you installed Avast and Chrome.

Each has their own preference, but it may be best to run Windows Defender and Malwarebytes as a supplemental scan until the AV companies completely adjust to Win10.

(Note: You may need to reinstall Avast and uninstall using the above tool unless you used the tool initially)

torre, Aug 11, 2015
  5. Hi That was very helpful

Many Thanks

Cyberdesigner, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I completely uninstall Google Chrome including all its files?

1. How do I completely uninstall Google Chrome including all its files? - Similar Threads - completely uninstall Google

2. how do i take off google chrome tool bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i take off google chrome tool bar: my computer up dated now I have a google chrome tool bar on top of my screen that is about an inch across my screen I want it off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-take-off-google-chrome-tool-bar/9a6fb555-eafa-436c-8753-3d6be941d386
  3. How do i uninstall Google Chrome?

in Cortana
    How do i uninstall Google Chrome?: How do I uninstall Google Chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-google-chrome/825d0cb5-3d12-4e21-a4dd-0b50e4e170b7"
  4. Google Chrome Uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Uninstall: I can't uninstall Google chrome when I try a message keeps popping up saying I "Need to close all pages open in Google Chrome" before it will uninstall and I have nothing open?...
  5. Can't uninstall Google Chrome.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't uninstall Google Chrome.: I've tried both methods normally used for uninstalling programs. I've started by closing all running programs in task manager. When following the procedure, I receive the message "please close all chrome windows and try again." I cannot find any chrome windows running. If...
  6. how do i change toolbarto google chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i change toolbarto google chrome: help meplease https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-toolbarto-google-chrome/64c0b2b7-7eb3-4c94-b867-c643a2249ff7
  7. How do I remove google chrome of my computers. It's not on programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I remove google chrome of my computers. It's not on programs: I have gone to programs but there is no google to be removed. I've looked everywhere but no luck. Help. * Moved from IE8/Win7...
  8. How do I 'remove' a profile and all of its contents?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I 'remove' a profile and all of its contents?: Hi, I am running windows 10 and selling my tower to a friend. I want to clear all of my data and essentially 'erase' my profile, and create a new admin account for my friend to use. Can someone direct me to a guide or explain how to do this? 64431
  9. How do I enable flash player in Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    How do I enable flash player in Google Chrome: I am playing the Toreba Crane Game, and it seems that it needs adobe flash player on desktop (it works on mobile, but interface is too slow); I read and tried the tutorial to enable the flash player in microsoft edge, but that didn't work (did they remove it from edge, if so,...
  10. How Do I Completely Uninstall All Traces of Removed Printers??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How Do I Completely Uninstall All Traces of Removed Printers??: I had a printer software previously installed. Then I installed a different printer of the same company (Epson). I uninstalled one hoping to retain just the other. But when I wanted to use the only printer left on my system it gave me an option to use it or the other printer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to completely uniunstall chrome