Windows 10: How do I completely uninstall Google Chrome including all its files?

Discus and support How do I completely uninstall Google Chrome including all its files? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've just put Avast Antivirus on Windows 10 and unticked the box to Install Windows Chrome, then a couple of minutes later advised me that Avast needed... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Cyberdesigner, Aug 10, 2015.

1. How do I completely uninstall Google Chrome including all its files?

I've just put Avast Antivirus on Windows 10 and unticked the box to Install Windows Chrome, then a couple of minutes later advised me that Avast needed updating, so thinking that this would do no harm I clicked yes.

Then it tried to install Google Chrome, which just came up as a white space on my Desk Top.

As I am new to Windows 10, I didn't know about Windows Defender, which I've now found and turned on.

Also I didn't want Google Chrome, as unlike some, I was very happy with Edge

I have now uninstalled Avast and Also Google Chrome but the Old Files are still there and won't delete.

Also I don't want to Install a programme just to get rid of another one.

Worst of all, one of those two Programmes, played havoc with Windows 10 causing the Display driver to Crash and where Windows 10 used to boot up in 'Nano Seconds' it now takes a lot longer.

If push came to shove, I would do a clean install from my ISO disk but dare not do it until I am sure that MS has got me registered as a Windows 10 user.

Any Ideas?

:)

Cyberdesigner, Aug 10, 2015

2. Google chrome has has complete stopped work

What's going on with Google chrome its completely stop , i uninstalled google chrome & tried to reinstall google chrome wont install or work after a Microsoft window 10 update this isn't the first time so what the **** is Microsoft playing at because it
    screwed up my pc

gerrybarnaby, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Unable to uninstall Chrome

I'm using Windows 10 and when trying to uninstall Chrome, I'm getting this popup:

"Please close all Google Chrome windows (including those in Windows 8 mode) and try again."

How do I find open windows in Windows 8?

Moved from Windows XP

Original title: help with uninstall

coolchick89, Aug 10, 2015
  4. torre Win User

How do I completely uninstall Google Chrome including all its files?

Avast Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for Avast Removal

Uninstall Google Chrome Completely (How to) - YouTube

Check the above links.

I would also do a System Restore to a point before you installed Avast and Chrome.

Each has their own preference, but it may be best to run Windows Defender and Malwarebytes as a supplemental scan until the AV companies completely adjust to Win10.

(Note: You may need to reinstall Avast and uninstall using the above tool unless you used the tool initially)

torre, Aug 11, 2015
  5. Hi That was very helpful

Many Thanks

Cyberdesigner, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I completely uninstall Google Chrome including all its files?

1. How do I completely uninstall Google Chrome including all its files? - Similar Threads - completely uninstall Google

2. Google Chrome wont uninstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome wont uninstall: I have windows 10 and I just recently added Google Chrome to my laptop, but ever since I added it whenever I go to launch it, it freezes up my computer and Chrome becomes unresponsive. I went to uninstall Chrome but it doesn't uninstall!! I've tried every way possible that...
  3. Unable to Uninstall Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Uninstall Google Chrome: Google Chrome has been working up till recently, now whenever I press on the icon nothing happens. I decided to uninstall Chrome but I'm unable to since it says "please close all Google Chrome windows and try again." The thing is that I have no tabs open, and chrome doesn't...
  4. Uninstall Google Chrome

Uninstall Google Chrome: How do you uninstall google chrome when I try, it says I have to turnoff all google apps. when none are turned on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-google-chrome/7061abc6-7e6e-44cf-bd38-1fbce5c982e1
  5. Uninstalling and Reinstalling Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Uninstalling and Reinstalling Google Chrome: My system has 16 GB of ram and when I can figure out how to update that information, I will. I uninstalled a fully updated Google Chrome AFTER saving the Google program files, onto my Desktop, which has served me very well storing many account passwords, bookmarks,...
  6. how do i install google chrome?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i install google chrome?: google chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-google-chrome/e6073b72-065a-4df4-9b1b-1521e48c669e
  7. How do i uninstall Google Chrome?

in Cortana
    How do i uninstall Google Chrome?: How do I uninstall Google Chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-uninstall-google-chrome/825d0cb5-3d12-4e21-a4dd-0b50e4e170b7"
  8. Google Chrome Uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome Uninstall: I can't uninstall Google chrome when I try a message keeps popping up saying I "Need to close all pages open in Google Chrome" before it will uninstall and I have nothing open?...
  9. Can't uninstall Google Chrome.

Can't uninstall Google Chrome.: I've tried both methods normally used for uninstalling programs. I've started by closing all running programs in task manager. When following the procedure, I receive the message "please close all chrome windows and try again." I cannot find any chrome windows running. If...
  10. Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome: How to: Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome How to Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web Store. This tutorial will show you how to uninstall an extension to remove it from Google Chrome for your account in Windows 7,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to completely uniunstall chrome