Windows 10: How do I configure Outlook to run on startup

Discus and support How do I configure Outlook to run on startup in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Right click Outlook in Start > All apps, select More > Open file location: [img] This opens folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by windoc, Apr 5, 2018.

1. windoc Win User

How do I configure Outlook to run on startup

worked like a charm, and it could not have been explained better. Thank-you!!!

windoc, Apr 5, 2018
  2. windoc Win User

I would like Outlook to run automatically on start up, and to run in the background as well when i x out of it. I have the latest version that comes with my office 365 subscription, and I am on Windows 10, latest version and build.

thank-you.

:)

windoc, Apr 25, 2018
  3. How do I configure Outlook Mobile to automatically delete the messages from server after downloading?

This is an option when you create the account on your device. You need to select the Advanced option to find this setting.

Laura

Laura Rooke, Apr 25, 2018
  4. acecombat Win User

How do I configure Outlook Mobile to automatically delete the messages from server after downloading?

On the desktop version you can have it automatically delete after downloading from POP3, however on the Mobile version on my Pocket PC it only gives the option for when you delete the file from your phone. Basically I want it to automatically download
    it and delete it from the server as my phone company doesn't give a lot of storage space and then I can no longer receive voice mails.

acecombat, Apr 25, 2018
  5. Kari Win User
    Right click Outlook in Start > All apps, select More > Open file location:

How do I configure Outlook to run on startup [​IMG]

This opens folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, where Start shortcuts are located. Right click Outlook shortcut and copy it.

Type %appdata% in File Explorer addressbar and hit Enter to open %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming folder:

Browse to folder Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs > Start-up, and paste Outlook shortcut there:

All programs (shortcuts) which are located in this folder will be run automatically every time you sign in to Windows.

When Outlook is running, right click it in notification area and select Hide when mimimized. When you now minimize Outlook, it will continue running in the background and will not be shown in Taskbar:

Please notice, the above screenshot might look confusing because I keep Taskbar vertical at left. By default the notification area is shown bottom right.

Thema:

1. How do I configure Outlook to run on startup - Similar Threads - configure Outlook run

2. How do i fix Startup Commander was unable to read configurations for drivers. These areas...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix Startup Commander was unable to read configurations for drivers. These areas...: How do i fix Startup Commander was unable to read configurations for drivers. These areas will not be available. On windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-startup-commander-was-unable-to-read/b9a0818f-9d6a-41d4-a0b1-4327cf2c509f
  3. How do i fix Startup Commander was unable to read configurations for drivers. These areas...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i fix Startup Commander was unable to read configurations for drivers. These areas...: How do i fix Startup Commander was unable to read configurations for drivers. These areas will not be available. On windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-startup-commander-was-unable-to-read/b9a0818f-9d6a-41d4-a0b1-4327cf2c509f
  4. How can I configure Outlook on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I configure Outlook on my PC: I've been unable to use my desktop Outlook since 2020.Although I can still access my mail via Yahoo, I woiuld like to get back to using my Outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-configure-outlook-on-my-pc/98824903-8024-4ae8-ab62-12d1cb1af5b3
  5. How can I configure Outlook on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I configure Outlook on my PC: I've been unable to use my desktop Outlook since 2020.Although I can still access my mail via Yahoo, I woiuld like to get back to using my Outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-configure-outlook-on-my-pc/98824903-8024-4ae8-ab62-12d1cb1af5b3
  6. How do I find this program that's running on startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I find this program that's running on startup?: I found this on startup, but I don't remember installing it. https://i.imgur.com/D353XMO.png I'd like to uninstall it, but it doesn't show up on programs and I can't find its location. I could disable it on startup, but I want to know where it is so I can uninstall....
  7. How do I prevent programs from running at startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent programs from running at startup?: It seems some programs just want to start up no matter what. I have disabled them in Task Manager startup manager, deleted them from the startup folder ("shell:startup"), and deleted all of their task scheduler tasks, and they still start up. There are many programs like...
  8. How do I configure SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I configure SSD: Hello, I have a SSD and 1TB hard drive on my laptop. Windows is installed on SSD, I want max performance on SSD cashing etc. How do I make sure that all is configured correctly on my laptop....
  9. How to configure Microsoft Outlook in Windows 10?

in Browsers and Email
    How to configure Microsoft Outlook in Windows 10?: Hello, to all members of Windows 10 Forums! I'm new here and I wanna know that how can we configure Microsoft Outlook 2013 or 2016 on Windows 10 operating system? *Sad*Sad*Sad [img] Thanks!!! 42325
  10. How do I configure outlook to store all mail on onedrive?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How do I configure outlook to store all mail on onedrive?: I prefer not to store any emails on my computer. Instead, I prefer to store them on onedrive. I have an Office 365 subscription, and it looks like Microsoft Exchange is active. How can I configure Outlook for this, and move the existing emails that may be stored on my...