Windows 10: How do I connect to a MacBook from my PC [getting an error message]?

Discus and support How do I connect to a MacBook from my PC [getting an error message]? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a new-ish PC with Windows 10. I am trying to connect to an old Mac. I have followed the instructions as best as I can, but I get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Diwedd, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Diwedd Win User

How do I connect to a MacBook from my PC [getting an error message]?

Hi,
    I have a new-ish PC with Windows 10. I am trying to connect to an old Mac. I have followed the instructions as best as I can, but I get the attached error message.

To add to the above, the Mac has two user account/profiles on it. I have managed to connect to the one user profile successfully, but am not able to connect to the other profile. Could it be that you can only connect to one user account? I would be surprised if this is the case.

Many thanks

:)

Diwedd, Mar 12, 2017
  2. gcam45 Win User

Nokia BH-503 headset connection to MacBook Pro (MacOS X)

I have tried the solution above, but it did nothing.

I cannot connect my new Nokia BH-503 headphones to my macbook pro (OSX 10.6.7)

the headphones easily pair with my pc and android phone. but when I try to pair with my macbook I get the error message "this device does not have the necessary services".

any solutions? thanks in advance.

gcam45, Mar 12, 2017
  3. Ciarán Win User
    Internet Sharing from a Windows Phone 7.5 to an OSX Lion Macbook not working.

Is there a known issue when Internet Sharing from a Windows Phone 7.5 to an OSX Lion Macbook. The internet sharing works with my Windows 7 PC but every time I try to connect my girlfriend's Macbook I get the message "A connection timeout occured". This
    happens if its a open or secure network.

I have a Omnia 7 updated to 7720, the Macbook has OSX Lion installed.

Any advice as to what this might be would be really helpful, cheers.

Ciarán, Mar 12, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

You really need to mention the model of the Mac and the Operating System. The mention of "old" requires knowing that information as Apple changed from the PowerPC CPU to an Intel CPU some years ago and many things for the newer don't work on the older and vice-versa. My MacBook Pro is from Mid-2010, has an Intel Core i7 CPU and came with Mac OS X Snow Leopard, am now on the latest, macOS Sierra [note the name change].

Berton, Mar 12, 2017
  5. Diwedd Win User
    Very good point, thanks for picking that up.

The Mac is like yours a Mid 2010. It has Mac OS Sierra on it.

The frustrating thing is that I can connect and move files between the PC and Mac (and vice-versa) while connected to the one Mac user account, but not the other. This means there isn't a problem with a connection between the two, but rather to the one user. Maybe I can't connect to the other account if it is already connected to another user account.

Should I try and disconnect the one user and connect to the other? I know it sounds stupid, but I do not know how to disconnect from the connected user.

Edit: I forgot to say that I can see the Mac user account on my PC. When I click on it I can see the directories as well, but when I click on a folder I get the above mentioned error message.

Diwedd, Mar 12, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    That's what I'd try. When you restart the Mac or Log Off do you get a choice to log into the other User? If not that may be the reason the other User can't connect. Because I use Windows 7 and 10, Mac and Linux computers I have attached a NAS drive to my Router, all computers can be Mapped to the Public Folder on it and store files for others to use.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I connect to a MacBook from my PC [getting an error message]? - Similar Threads - connect MacBook getting

2. How do I get rid of this error message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this error message?: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643I have tried everything to try and fix the update problem I'm having and NOTHING is working!...
  3. How do I get rid of this error message?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of this error message?: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643I have tried everything to try and fix the update problem I'm having and NOTHING is working!...
  4. How do I get rid of this error message?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I fix this error and get my PC updated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix this error and get my PC updated?: Since the 12 of September, I've been trying to install update 2023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030219. However, no matter what I get the same error, Install error - 0x80070002. I've tried to look it up on my own and found this...
  6. How do I fix this error and get my PC updated?

How do I fix this error and get my PC updated?: Since the 12 of September, I've been trying to install update 2023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030219. However, no matter what I get the same error, Install error - 0x80070002. I've tried to look it up on my own and found this...
  7. How do I get into my PC?

How do I get into my PC?: I boot up my "HP Pavillion Gaming Desktop TG01" just to see no place to input a password. My PC uses Windows 11. I have access to Wifi, Accessibility, and Power. I have a Restore Point before this all occurred.I've tried:Ctrl+Alt+Delete, nothing happensShift+Reset, says...
  8. How do I get into my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get into my PC?: I boot up my "HP Pavillion Gaming Desktop TG01" just to see no place to input a password. My PC uses Windows 11. I have access to Wifi, Accessibility, and Power. I have a Restore Point before this all occurred.I've tried:Ctrl+Alt+Delete, nothing happensShift+Reset, says...
  9. I can't get into my PC? Windows error message?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't get into my PC? Windows error message?: Hello, community, where is the error here (see picture). It loads and loads but as soon as I click on "OK", the PC is restarted and exactly the same error message appears. That already several times... Have a FUJITSU Esprimo P920 [ATTACH] Ich komme nicht in...
  10. I get an error message about my USB connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I get an error message about my USB connection: Hello, I use my cell phone to connect my Dell laptop to the Internet, using a USB cable. I have Windows 10 on my laptop. Up until recently this worked perfectly with no problems. But now I keep getting this error message that says my USB device is not recognized. Can anyone...