Windows 10: How do I continue BU/Restore after upgrading to Win 10?

Discus and support How do I continue BU/Restore after upgrading to Win 10? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've upgraded to 10 and now am confused regarding how to continue my backup/restore from Win 7. When I access control panel, it refers back to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by lbeck, Nov 11, 2015.

1. lbeck Win User

How do I continue BU/Restore after upgrading to Win 10?

I've upgraded to 10 and now am confused regarding how to continue my backup/restore from Win 7. When I access control panel, it refers back to Windows 7. I have no problems with reformatting my backup drive and starting with Windows 10. Is there a Win 10 Bu/restore program? How should I proceed?

How do I continue BU/Restore after upgrading to Win 10? [​IMG]

:)

lbeck, Nov 11, 2015
  2. nairad250 Win User

How do I continue WP8 restore?

I just ended up installing all my apps manually. This is really something that needs to be addressed. Of course, most won't want to use their cellular data to reinstall all their apps so you need to be able to pause and resume the backup.

nairad250, Nov 11, 2015
  3. How do I continue WP8 restore?

same with me... How do I continue BU/Restore after upgrading to Win 10? :(

Shubham Sonawane, Nov 11, 2015
  4. CmmTch Win User

I have continued to use it for W10 as I had it set up for Win7, I'm using 100G partition on a 500G HD for BU. After I upgraded to 10 I deleted the existing Win7 backup/image on the backup drive, all settings from 7 stayed the same for W10.

I upgraded to 10 through WU to retain all my files, programs, bookmarks, etc... It went fine, no problems at all then or now.

The set up is the same for 10 as it was for 7, I have it perform a backup/image every Sun. at 7:00.

To answer your question you can set it up exactly how you had it for Win7 and it should work the same for W10.

Good luck *Smile

CmmTch, Nov 12, 2015
  5. CmmTch Win User
    Screen shot of my Backup and Restore, works fine with W10

How do I continue BU/Restore after upgrading to Win 10? [​IMG]

CmmTch, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I continue BU/Restore after upgrading to Win 10? - Similar Threads - continue Restore upgrading

2. How do I continue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I continue?: My mom gave me this Windows 8 computer because she didn't use it anymore. I never was able to do much because I didn't have access to administrator. I ask her to put the password in but she forgot it. She also claims that there might be important info stored on there so I...
  3. How do I continue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I continue?: My mom gave me this Windows 8 computer because she didn't use it anymore. I never was able to do much because I didn't have access to administrator. I ask her to put the password in but she forgot it. She also claims that there might be important info stored on there so I...
  4. High CPU usage at idle. Win 10 Pro and after I upgraded to Win 11 Pro, it continue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU usage at idle. Win 10 Pro and after I upgraded to Win 11 Pro, it continue: I have encountered a problem with Windows 10 Pro version and Windows 11 Pro. My laptop specifications are as follows : - ASUS TUF Gaming FX505GE - CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz - GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, Intel® UHD Graphics 630 - RAM: 16 Gb DDR4 RAM The...
  5. how do i upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro: how do i upgrade from win 10 to win 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-from-win-10-home-to-win-10-pro/79422b22-dcb0-49db-8c3e-78c41d0b4cb5
  6. Restored from BU

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restored from BU: I was told anybody can backup the question is can you restore. I just installed a hard drive inside my notebook and formatted it using Acronis Disk Director. Then I booted using a rescue flash drive created with Macrium Reflect. I then restored my system from the backup. I...
  7. How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro, after upgrading from Win 7 Home Premium to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I upgrade from Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro, after upgrading from Win 7 Home Premium to...: I have a 4-computer home network. 3 are upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. The 4th is a Toshiba L775D-S7222 which upgraded from Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 Home. All are 4 computers are Build 18362, which is apparently also called 1903. The 3 computers with Win 10...
  8. How do I flash Bios after Win 10 (1903) upgrade

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I flash Bios after Win 10 (1903) upgrade: 1. How do I repaid or flash the bios on a Intel DZ68BC MB install with bios version 0028? 2. Will this FLASHING return Window 7 on my PC? 3. How can I delete Windows 7 completely if I no longer want it?...
  9. Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10: The question is about performing a system restore after upgrading to Windows 10 from 7. If one: Upgrades to Windows 10 THEN performs a system restore ... will the system restore with Windows 10 or will it revert back to an earlier version, in this case Win 7? If it...
  10. How do I prevent the Win 10 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I prevent the Win 10 upgrade?: Hi all, I want to absolutely, positively prevent the Win 10 upgrade on my Win 7 machine. I have removed the KB3035583 update. And in doing so, I'd guess it removed the /Windows/System32 folder containing GWX.exe, since neither the file nor the folder are there any...