Windows 10: How do I Control access to password keeper by standard user accounts

Discus and support How do I Control access to password keeper by standard user accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I set up standard user accounts for my three Grandchildren. They are not proficient but are capable of using a PC. My concern is that I use Google... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MamaWolf, Sep 1, 2017.

1. MamaWolf Win User

How do I Control access to password keeper by standard user accounts

I set up standard user accounts for my three Grandchildren. They are not proficient but are capable of using a PC. My concern is that I use Google Chrome & have a password keeper extension that is set to automatically log me into my bank & PayPal accounts as well as Amazon & other such sites. I have always been the sole user on my PC & no one has ever been allowed on it without my supervision. I think I am going to have to change some things but I don't know where to start to do this. The kids are 17, 15, & a pretty savvy 9-year-old.

Many Thanks,

:)

MamaWolf, Sep 1, 2017

2. Delete User Accounts passwords Windows 10

Hello EasyPort,

In Control panel, you can access and manage user accounts. If you select the account you wish to remove the password of, and select change password, it will open the standard window for changing the password and setting a new password hint. If you do not
    enter any information into the new password parts then just select next, it will set the password to no password.

Control Panel> User Accounts> User Accounts> Manage Other accounts

Then select the accounts you wish to change.

I hope this helps,

Kind regards

Fergus

Fergus Martin, Sep 1, 2017
  3. SusanD123 Win User
    Administrator issue!!! Need help

Hello! I'm in need of admin help!!

My father bought a lap top and unfortunately passed away. A few months later my mom has given it to me and first thing I did was deactivate his account. Big mistake!

It was the administrator account and now the computer has no administrator access. However it still shows him as a standard account and me as a standard account.

Anytime I try to manage accounts the user control panel wont allow me to click yes or put in admin password. I tried to reactivate his email as I did have his password but the only option it gives is to send a code to his phone which is disconnected.

I've tried the command options to run as administrator but again the user control panel pops up.. I'm stuck! So I have two standard accounts with no administrator access. How do I get pass this ?! Thank you

SusanD123, Sep 1, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

Which password manager are you using ? I use Lastpass which has an add on for Chrome, Firefox and Edge, all of which I use and it works across all 3. For financial sites like bank, paypal or eBay, etc I have those set up to prompt for a master password so guests can't access without it.

mrgeek, Sep 1, 2017
  5. Try3 Win User
    Mama,

Have you tested your password keeper's behaviour by logging in to one of your grandchildren's user accounts then going to your banking website? It may well be designed to do what you want and not execute its normal login behaviour in other user accounts.

Denis

Try3, Sep 1, 2017
  6. MamaWolf Win User
    Hi Guys,

I have been using True Key but find it very intrusive so I am in the testing stage with Last Pass Free. I have not tested it on their accounts but will do that with both True Key & Last Pass. I will post the results later today.

Many Thanks,

MamaWolf, Sep 1, 2017
  7. MamaWolf Win User
    Okay, I tried logging in to their accounts. The good news is, they would need my master passwords to get into my personal sites. The bad news is that when I change settings or disable chrome extensions on their account, I have to re-enable everything when I go back to my account. They also have the option to 'run as administrator'. I am assuming they would need to log out of their account & log into mine to do that. I am not comfortable with having to redo all my settings in chrome & then undo them before I log out.

MamaWolf, Sep 1, 2017
  8. Try3 Win User

To Run as Admin, a Standard user has to select an Admin account and enter the Admin account's password. So you are safe unless they find out where you have written it down [as I hope you have].

What settings are they able to change that also affect your user account?

Denis

Try3, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I Control access to password keeper by standard user accounts - Similar Threads - Control access password

2. How do I remove user account control?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove user account control?: I am trying to remove user account control from my device but every time I try to do so it takes me to a position where I need the pin/code,I have tried changing the pin/code and everytime I try change it and enter it in it says incorrect.Everytime I want to run a file I...
  3. User Account Control Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Control Password: So, my father recently passed away and I was never told the password that he used to allow downloads. Every time I wanted to download something, I had to ask him for the password because a pop-up would appear from User Account Control. I have tried many things to try and...
  4. User Account Control Password

User Account Control Password: So, my father recently passed away and I was never told the password that he used to allow downloads. Every time I wanted to download something, I had to ask him for the password because a pop-up would appear from User Account Control. I have tried many things to try and...
  5. User Account Control Password

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. As an administrator, how do I access a standard user account that is password protected...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    As an administrator, how do I access a standard user account that is password protected...: As an administrator, how do I access a standard user account that is password protected without their pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/as-an-administrator-how-do-i-access-a-standard/8ae847aa-8e03-4def-ba95-aabdc6ebced6
  7. As an administrator, how do I access a standard user account that is password protected...

As an administrator, how do I access a standard user account that is password protected...: As an administrator, how do I access a standard user account that is password protected without their pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/as-an-administrator-how-do-i-access-a-standard/8ae847aa-8e03-4def-ba95-aabdc6ebced6
  8. As an administrator, how do I access a standard user account that is password protected...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Reset Admin password on a standard user account??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Reset Admin password on a standard user account??: I bought a refurbished computer for my employer. It had a ADMIN account set up with no pass word associated with the account so I created one. I might have had a error in my pass word because I can no longer log into that account. I did create another account that I was...
  10. reset standard user account forgotten password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    reset standard user account forgotten password: Hello signed on the computer as admin, how can i reset a standard user account forgotten password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-standard-user-account-forgotten-password/e2b24ec6-07fe-4ec1-b8b8-06165aff6936"