Windows 10: How do i convert a Win 8 driver to Win 10?

Discus and support How do i convert a Win 8 driver to Win 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So the manufacturer for this driver sadly will not support it anymore. However, I heard there was a way to edit the INF file to make it compatible with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VisionNN, Aug 4, 2015.

1. VisionNN Win User

How do i convert a Win 8 driver to Win 10?

So the manufacturer for this driver sadly will not support it anymore. However, I heard there was a way to edit the INF file to make it compatible with a different OS. Is this possible between Win 8 and Win 10?

I know there was a way to edit drivers to make them work on Win 7 and Win8. I can't find much online since the OS is still quite new.

Thanks.

:)

VisionNN, Aug 4, 2015

2. Will upgrading to windows 10 solve my driver problems?

Hello,

My laptop (Toshiba Satellite S955-S5373) came with Windows 8, I had a hard time converting from Win 7 and eventually decided to downgrade my OP back to Win 7.

In the process of downgrading I created some issues caused by incompatible drivers, being a laptop that came with Win 8 there was no easy way of finding all the necessary drivers to convert back to 7.

My question is, will the upgrade solve this issue?

Thanks.

DorPeer Silberstein, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Pelcaro Win User
    When will the camera work correctly in the Bush A1 Tablet with Windows 10?

Thanks Ruth for your reply. The make and model are in the posting title: 'Bush' & 'A1 Tablet' (aka 'Bush Elma B1 10inch Windows Tablet' ).

I have been to the Intel site for drivers, but none appear to be listed for the imaging device. They do exist, of course, as the camera worked in Win 8, and can be forced to work in Win 10. I have also tried to convert the drivers in the Win 10 drivers
    file using the 'compatibility' tool of MS, but it's difficult to get permission to change these. But I suspect this approach is not that useful since they do work.

Thanks again.

Pelcaro, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

How do i convert a Win 8 driver to Win 10?

1. How do i convert a Win 8 driver to Win 10? - Similar Threads - convert driver

2. converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    converting disks to GPT from MBR to go from Legacy to UEFI. MBR2GPT does not work: HiIm trying to convert my boot disk to GPT so I could boot to UEFI rather than legacy mode.I try to go GPT but it says this on CMD:I tried to follow another guy with the same problem adding 200mb of free memory:But still it didnt work.What do I do?...
  3. My MSI laptop does not let me install AHCI drivers so I can convert my disk to AHCI while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My MSI laptop does not let me install AHCI drivers so I can convert my disk to AHCI while...: I'm trying to prepare my system so it can dual boot Windows and Linux. Linux is not compatible with Intel's RAID file system, so I'm trying to convert the system to AHCI. Unfortunately, when I open BIOS to change the system to AHCI, once I try to reboot and open Windows, the...
  4. My MSI laptop does not let me install AHCI drivers so I can convert my disk to AHCI while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My MSI laptop does not let me install AHCI drivers so I can convert my disk to AHCI while...: I'm trying to prepare my system so it can dual boot Windows and Linux. Linux is not compatible with Intel's RAID file system, so I'm trying to convert the system to AHCI. Unfortunately, when I open BIOS to change the system to AHCI, once I try to reboot and open Windows, the...
  5. My MSI laptop does not let me install AHCI drivers so I can convert my disk to AHCI while...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. AT91 USB To Serial Converter Driver Install Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AT91 USB To Serial Converter Driver Install Error: I am trying to install a driver to use a camera I own. When I install the provided driver, windows installed tells me there is a newer version already installed and I cannot install the old one. The newer driver is not compatible and I need the old one, but I cannot find the...
  7. AT91 USB To Serial Converter Driver Install Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AT91 USB To Serial Converter Driver Install Error: I am trying to install a driver to use a camera I own. When I install the provided driver, windows installed tells me there is a newer version already installed and I cannot install the old one. The newer driver is not compatible and I need the old one, but I cannot find the...
  8. AT91 USB To Serial Converter Driver Install Error

9. MPMan Converter 102 drivers

MPMan Converter 102 drivers: I need the drivers for a MPMan Converter 102, however they are not preinstalled nor can windows find them. The manufacturer also does not respond. Any ideas how to find working drivers?...
  10. Drivers for Mpman Converter 8 or 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drivers for Mpman Converter 8 or 10: Dear friends, can anybody tell us where you found the drivers for the tablet Mpman Converter, model 8 or 10 ? . After Win10 update many functions do not work anymore. Please, I am looking already for a long time and the supplier does not give service for downloading drivers....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. convert windows 8 driver to windows 10 .inf