Windows 10: How do I copy my Favorites from Win 10 Surface to Win 10 Desktop

Discus and support How do I copy my Favorites from Win 10 Surface to Win 10 Desktop in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My desktop lost boot record and I had to install fresh. I want to copy my favorites from my Surface to my desktop . How do I do that. Thanks... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TGMcCallie, Mar 30, 2017.

1. How do I copy my Favorites from Win 10 Surface to Win 10 Desktop

My desktop lost boot record and I had to install fresh.

I want to copy my favorites from my Surface to my desktop .

How do I do that.

Thanks

:)

TGMcCallie, Mar 30, 2017
  2. Burtlake1 Win User

Copy Favoites from IE Win 7 to IE Win 10

I have just purchased a Surface Pro 4 running Win 10. I would like to copy my IE favorites from an older computer running Win 7. How can I do this?

Burtlake1, Mar 30, 2017
  3. _838 Win User
    Win 10 Favorites

How do I copy Favorites (the links) from Win 10 on my laptop to an external drive (stick or CD)? TY

4. bobkn Win User

How do I copy my Favorites from Win 10 Surface to Win 10 Desktop

Which web browser?

With Chrome or Internet Explorer, files can be copied. With Edge, I've mainly used the sync feature.

bobkn, Mar 30, 2017
  5. I can use either one. When I open Internet Explorer and click on the Favorite * tjhen they pull up. I can also
    do the same thing in Edge Browser.

This is the same on my desktop.

How do you get them to sync on both.
    Tom

TGMcCallie, Mar 30, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    To copy IE Favorites, browse to C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Favorites. copy or drag this folder to a USB Flash drive, Put Flash drive in other computer and drag or paste Favorites in the same location on the other computer overwriting the empty Favorites folder. Same for any other Documents, Pictures, Music etc

spunk, Mar 30, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

How do I copy my Favorites from Win 10 Surface to Win 10 Desktop

1. How do I copy my Favorites from Win 10 Surface to Win 10 Desktop - Similar Threads - copy Favorites Surface

2. Is there any to copy basic settings from Win 10 desktop to new Win 10 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any to copy basic settings from Win 10 desktop to new Win 10 laptop?: This seems like a silly question, but is there any way I can copy the basics from my Win 10 desktop to a new laptop? Both are Win 10 Pro/64. I am referring to colors, background, Windows Explorer settings, etc. Also on the laptop, my user folder is just "user" instead of my...
  3. Is there any to copy basic settings from Win 10 desktop to new Win 10 laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any to copy basic settings from Win 10 desktop to new Win 10 laptop?: This seems like a silly question, but is there any way I can copy the basics from my Win 10 desktop to a new laptop? Both are Win 10 Pro/64. I am referring to colors, background, Windows Explorer settings, etc. Also on the laptop, my user folder is just "user" instead of my...
  4. Is there any to copy basic settings from Win 10 desktop to new Win 10 laptop?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how do i upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i upgrade from win 10 home to win 10 pro: how do i upgrade from win 10 to win 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-from-win-10-home-to-win-10-pro/79422b22-dcb0-49db-8c3e-78c41d0b4cb5
  6. How do I keep Win 10 from scattering my desktop shortcuts....

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I keep Win 10 from scattering my desktop shortcuts....: every time I turn the computer off? I like my shortcuts arranged around the periphery of the screen. When I boot up in the morning they are shifted and out of order. checking 'auto-arrange' only shifts them all into vertical rows in the left side of the screen. 142086
  7. How to copy a link onto my desktop in the form of an icon in WIN 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to copy a link onto my desktop in the form of an icon in WIN 10?: On Windows 8 I could look up a web site and then if I was going to frequently use it I could click with my mouse anywhere on that site and copy a link onto my desktop in the form of an icon. How can I do that with windows 10 ?...
  8. sync favorites-IE11 in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    sync favorites-IE11 in win 10: hello i have an issue after(clean) reinstalling win 10.i use IE11 as a default browser(not edge) i noticed that all favorites i have recently added gone!!i can't sync favoritew in IE11 with win 10?also in IE11 the option ''import from another browser'' is disable.any help...
  9. Copy of Win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copy of Win 10: I want to make a zip (USB) copy of win 10 to have for emergenecy. How is the best way to do it and where can I download it from Thanks Ben 57860
  10. How do I copy files from my old computer to new that has Win 10 ??

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I copy files from my old computer to new that has Win 10 ??: I can easily copy/move files from old computer with XP pro via a shared folder or a flash drive to new with Win 10 .Cant work out how to copy straight to a desk top folder Its no hassle to copy/move from the shared folder to desk top but like to keep the desk top tidy. Must...