Windows 10: How do I create a free wifi connection?

Discus and support How do I create a free wifi connection? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I own a little cafe in a town called Cromer(England) and I was wondering how I would setup a wifi connection using my current router but so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ace Denning, Sep 24, 2016.

1. How do I create a free wifi connection?

Hello, I own a little cafe in a town called Cromer(England) and I was wondering how I would setup a wifi connection using my current router but so I could make it require no pass key but it re directs them to a website where they can sign up or login, and until they login they cant view any other site..

All help is welcomed and thanked for.

:)

Ace Denning, Sep 24, 2016

2. How do I create a system image (i.e. a computer backup image) for Windows 10?

Thanks!

RichardWorsham, Sep 24, 2016
  3. BluDoc Win User
    How do I create a custom title for a contact's number

Hi,

I would like to know how to edit a contact phone number to have a custom title. All I can find is default field labels and I don't want "Mobile 2".

For example
    : I want to add my brother and his wife as 1 contact and title the phone numbers.

(for the record I can on android and found a work around on iOS)

Name

First name: Aaron and Stacy

Last Name: Reallastname

Company: My Brother's Work

Email (I Don't want "Personal or "Other")

Personal: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Other: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** <- WHY can't I change the name "Other" to what I WANT

Phone (I Don't want to use any of the default labels or titles)

Mobile:

Mobile2:

Work:

Work2:

Company:

Pager:

Work Fax:

Home Fax:

Pager? Fax? what are the developers thinking, REALLY a 'pager'? So is there a hack or some setting that will allow me to create my own field name?

BluDoc, Sep 24, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

How do I create a free wifi connection?

You probably won't be able to do this with a typical consumer router. You will likely need a commercial wireless system that supports Captive Portal. If you're really brave, you could try an open source firmware (if one is available for your router), which may support this concept, but this really requires a lot of technical knowledge.

For instance, Linksys's cheapest business Access Point is $299 US and supports Captive Portal.

Linksys LAPAC1200 Business AC1200 Dual-Band Access Point

Alternatively, your ISP might offer a business router as well.

Mystere, Sep 24, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    @Ace Denning

Not quite true --- of course it depends on the size of your café and max nr of customers that are likely to want to use the wifi connection at the same time.

If it's less than say 12 and you have decent broadband (would need to be proper fibre cable -- UK seems to be quite slow in rolling this out in places where BT seems to be the biggest players) plus you'd need an unlimited connection you could basically just set up a domestic connection with a bog standard router and have no password on the SSID - although I'd always set up a password - just give it to customers when they ask for it.

This won't be of much use if customers want to start streaming UHD (4K) sports etc but you'll probably find its people playing around on phones and tablets so you might get away with it.

Once you start going into the fully blown commercial area it could cost "Loadsmoney". There never seems to be decent options for small businesses -- pricing and kit usually is fine for Home (domestic) consumers and large businesses - but small 1 / 2 man type operations are rarely provided for.

I'd tend to start with the domestic route to see what the demand is like -- then if the demand is high enough you could think about upgrading equipment etc. Don't commit too much money until you've got an idea of the demand / success of the venture.

It's quite tough in the UK for small businesses -- I'm there quite a lot and while the economy seems (as far as the Politicians say) reasonable - I know small businesses especially outside London can find it tough going.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I create a free wifi connection?

1. How do I create a free wifi connection? - Similar Threads - create free wifi

2. How do I connect back to wireless wifi?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I connect back to wireless wifi?: I restarted my laptop earlier this evening and it disconnected from the internet, I went to my settings and it switched to Ethernet. I’ve already tried a network reset....
  3. How do i connect to my wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i connect to my wifi: hi i currently cant connect to my wifi i tried everything i used command prompt i checked similar problems on youtube i followed along but to no avail can this also be a virus or trojan of some sort please help me i have school in 1 hour...
  4. How do i connect to my wifi

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i connect to my wifi: hi i currently cant connect to my wifi i tried everything i used command prompt i checked similar problems on youtube i followed along but to no avail can this also be a virus or trojan of some sort please help me i have school in 1 hour...
  5. How do I rename my wifi connection?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I rename my wifi connection?: How do I rename my wifi connection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-rename-my-wifi-connection/e819e78d-fa85-49d2-803f-1f6adbc111e5
  6. How Do I Disable WIFI Auto Connect?

How Do I Disable WIFI Auto Connect?: [ATTACH] Connect automatically is not selected, but Windows still connects to the WIFI on startup. How do I disable the WIFI auto connect when its not selected?...
  7. How do i connect to wifi without ethernet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i connect to wifi without ethernet?: I just got a new PC and i can’t connect to the wifi. It just gives me ethernet but i don’t have it nor do i know what it is. I’ve tried restarting my network settings but to no avail. The only network connection option it’s giving me is ethernet. how can i solve this?...
  8. How do I set up a WiFi connection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I set up a WiFi connection?: I used to have an Ethernet connection but since my family got new internet and set the router in a different place I can’t connect via Ethernet. I’m wondering how I can set up a WiFi connection without Ethernet. submitted by /u/Rimbles1 [link] [comments]...
  9. How do I download updates when free wifi is available?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I download updates when free wifi is available?: How do I download updates when free wifi is available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-updates-when-free-wifi-is/3659f385-2820-4ae9-a6e7-1873a69eeea7
  10. How to create WiFi Connection Shortcut for Taskbar?

How to create WiFi Connection Shortcut for Taskbar?: Hi I can create a WiFi Connection Shortcut from Network and Sharing Center on the desktop but cannot pin it to the Taskbar. Any ideas as to how can I do that? The Attached picture is what I am talking about. [img] 65236