Windows 10: How do I create a restore point in WIN10 Home 64 bit I got as far as..

Discus and support How do I create a restore point in WIN10 Home 64 bit I got as far as.. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; PHP Code: I was following a recommended step by step, I got as far as system Protection, then the window went down into the Task bar and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by SlimSylv, Nov 13, 2016.

1. SlimSylv Win User

How do I create a restore point in WIN10 Home 64 bit I got as far as..

PHP Code:
    PHP:

I was following a recommended step by step, I got as far as system Protection, then the window went down into the Task bar and I cannot go any further, as I cannot get it to come back up to full screen.
    I am sight challenged, and am in the middle of customising my chosen theme.
    Basically, I have lost the text on my sign in screen, it's hit or miss if I can actually get into the computer so want to create a restore point, (first one) to get back to where I actually could see the text again.
    I bought this new computer tower & monitor in July 2016, still trying to tweak the theme. As I really have no idea what I am changing, when I change things I tried doing it one change at a time, but obviously that didn't work.
    Can you advise how I can get to create a restore point, please? I never had any problems doing this in WIN XP PRO.
    As I am sight challenged, I need step-by-step, not screenshots, as I cannot see them (too much white).
    Thanks in advance
    Sylvia
    Sorry I do not know what a PHP is...and I must say the format this information is in is very scary, why can't you lovely programmers/developers remember us un-educated folks out here & make WIN10 more user friendly. I guess, more like WIN XP! I realise that can't be, but you get my drift, I'm sure! I apologise for the long winded post, too...

:)

SlimSylv, Nov 13, 2016
  2. JR_934 Win User

Recovery Disk for Windows 10

I've finished upgrading three computers to Win10.

Two are 64-bit and one is 32-bit.

I created a Win10 64-bit "Repair disc" and a Win10 32-bit "Repair disc".

(Per Don's advice [thanks]) I also created a Win-10 64-bit "Recovery drive" (thumb drive) on one of the Win10 64-bit machines (and on the 32-bit machine).

My questions:

1) Is the Win10 64-bit "Repair disc" good for both of the Win10 64-bit computers or do I need to create a repair disc for each one. (in other words create a repair disc on each one)

2) Is the Win10 64-bit "Recovery drive" thumb drive good for both of the Win10 64-bit computers or do I need to create a Recovery drive for each one. (in other words create a Recovery drive on each one)

3) 32-bit programs can be run on 64-bit machines. Does that mean a 32-bit Recovery drive will work on a 64-bit machine?

I think the answer to 1 & 2 is that one W10 64-bit can be used on all W10 64-bit machines. However, I'd hate to have a problem with one and find out I'm wrong!

Thanks

JR_934, Nov 13, 2016
  3. upgrade to 4GB RAM and want to switch to 64 bit version

You didn't upgrade from Win10 32-bit to Win10 64-bit, you did a clean install of Win10 64-bit. As such, you'll need to do a clean install of Win10 32-bit. Whether you'll be able to do so & activate remains to be seen.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Nov 13, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 13, 2016
  5. SlimSylv Win User
    *SmileThanks, Brink, I appreciate the help. But, re the first link, does it work with WIN 10? It does say with 7 & 8, but nothing about WIN 10.
    I will check out the other one & get back to you.
    Thanks so much
    Sylvia

SlimSylv, Nov 13, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yep, it works in Windows 10 as well.

Brink, Nov 13, 2016
  7. SlimSylv Win User
    I am so confused with this forum set-up....I tried to reply by using edit! Bad move....
    I did say in my original post that I am sight challenged, & cannot read screenshots, that's the first hurdle....the format you have set the restore info out in is so complicated, (looks good tho'..lol) I couldn't follow it. When I saved the file to downloads, I did what I always do & clicked on 'open containing folder', this time, the folder didn't open....I tried it twice, no joy...if I cannot open the folder, what now? I am in all sorts of dire trouble here.....as well as everything else, I cannot see my log in page, the date/time & sign in details are just gone....making logging in a big problem....as this screen also closes itself after about 20 odd seconds, it's making it all so difficult to get any work done, as so far today I have logged 4 times, taking me around 15 minutes each time....I cannot leave the dam thing. Sorry just venting...and feeling peckish!
    Please, I am old & am doing the best I can to appear clever...I mean, I'm not stupid, just old!
    Kind regards
    Sylvia

SlimSylv, Nov 13, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I create a restore point in WIN10 Home 64 bit I got as far as.. - Similar Threads - create restore point

2. I cannot create restore point!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot create restore point!: Hello, I have a question! When i try to create restore point, first it shows and error 0x81000203 and after that in System properties / System Protection i cannot create restore point and it cannot find any available drivers! Pls help!...
  3. How do I delete these restore points?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete these restore points?: Hello earlier today I installed a fresh install of Windows 11 and while the installation there was a section that enabled me to restore settings and apps from my previous windows 10 and I choose to create a New device, but my question is how do I delete this old pc data that...
  4. How do I automatically create a system restore point daily?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I automatically create a system restore point daily?: Need step-by-step on this one, please. 161543
  5. How do I automatically create a system restore point daily?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I automatically create a system restore point daily?: Need step-by-step on this one, please. 161543
  6. DLL fejl i win10 64 bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DLL fejl i win10 64 bit: mangler hjælp til at lave min pcer dll fejl i win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dll-fejl-i-win10-64-bit/1db081b7-1261-40d4-93b7-4c058f806d94
  7. Win10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 64 bit: I have an HP laptop that came with win 10 (64 bit) preinstalled. I am not a fan of 10. I installed win 7 64 bit. 7 will not update due to an unsupported device warning. My question is if I format the drive and install 7 (yes I know it is about done) will I keep getting the...
  8. how do i create my own restore point on computer

how do i create my own restore point on computer: how do i create my own restore point on computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-create-my-own-restore-point-on-computer/8dc45814-a475-4cfa-833e-4ae8fef200c4
  9. How to Create a Restore Point?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to Create a Restore Point?: Since I've made some progress recovering my system from the catastrophic Windows Update fix this morning, I decided to create a Restore Point. It wasn't obvious how to do this, so I searched the net. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...-restore-point suggested to search...
  10. How do I update from Win10 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit?

How do I update from Win10 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit?: Hi guys, I had a friend who installed Windows 10 Pro 32-bit operative system on my Windows 7 Pro 64-bit OS, it wasnt until this day (2015/08/26) that I noticed it on my Laptop. Have you any advice for me on how to upgrade or update it to 64-bit without erasing or formating...