Windows 10: How do I create an Extrenal Manifest

Discus and support How do I create an Extrenal Manifest in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi - I am looking for some advice/help with external manifest an an app for Win 10. I wrote this app myself and all has been well until the recent MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tsrplatelayer, Jun 2, 2018.

1. How do I create an Extrenal Manifest

Hi - I am looking for some advice/help with external manifest an an app for Win 10.
    I wrote this app myself and all has been well until the recent MS spring update. Now I get a random crashes. Each crasj is accompanied by a SideBySide 78 Event
    I am using 64 bit Win 10.

I wondereed if it was possible to create an external manifest an set win 10 to prioritise external manifest as decribed here
    http://pocketnow.com/2016/01/25/hidp...-in-windows-10

I guess I would need a bit of hand holding through the exercise.

Thanks

Allan

:)

tsrplatelayer, Jun 2, 2018

2. Windows 10 store won't open.

Please try the following:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type Powershell
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

Close the Powershell window

Then Reboot.

Chase Garrett, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Store not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting back in Microsoft communities.

I suggest you to follow the below step and check.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type Powershell
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    • Close the Powershell window
    • Reboot.

Post back if you need further assistance, We will be glad to help.

[*]

Akheel Ahmed, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

How do I create an Extrenal Manifest

1. How do I create an Extrenal Manifest - Similar Threads - create Extrenal Manifest

2. I got the message "the Appx packages manifest is invalid" what is this and how do i fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got the message "the Appx packages manifest is invalid" what is this and how do i fix: I got the message "the Appx packages manifest is invalid" what is this and how do i fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-the-message-the-appx-packages-manifest-is/96d2b0d7-69ed-4b5b-92c1-53d93eb59cb3
  3. I got the message "the Appx packages manifest is invalid" what is this and how do i fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got the message "the Appx packages manifest is invalid" what is this and how do i fix: I got the message "the Appx packages manifest is invalid" what is this and how do i fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-the-message-the-appx-packages-manifest-is/96d2b0d7-69ed-4b5b-92c1-53d93eb59cb3
  4. How do I create a manuscript?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I create a manuscript?: I need to type a manuscript, and don't want to use anything other than microsoft word in order to meet the requirements of the publisher. How do I get out of the cloud aps and just use Word?...
  5. How do I create a manuscript?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I create a manuscript?: I need to type a manuscript, and don't want to use anything other than microsoft word in order to meet the requirements of the publisher. How do I get out of the cloud aps and just use Word?...
  6. manifest files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    manifest files: i recently accidently deleted some manifest files for adobe flash. Will this effect my computer? Possibly create errors? Or am I overeacting? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manifest-files/75522568-c516-4c75-850d-7aa08085f67b
  7. MageUI successfully creates a manifest but mage.exe creates an invalid file

MageUI successfully creates a manifest but mage.exe creates an invalid file: I'm replacing a dll needed by the application with an updated version. Then I need to update the application manifest. When using the UI, the application will run. The commandline creates an invalid manifest. Scenario: clickonce application is structured as follows:...
  8. How do I create a backup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I create a backup?: I’m a Mac guy who got my first windows pc for the first time since windows 7. Im about to wipe my drive and install Arch Linux instead but first I wanna back up my stuff. On mac it’s really simply, you plug in any hard drive and open time machine and with one click literally...
  9. cannot write to new extrenal drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot write to new extrenal drive: I ran out of space on my c drive. added an external drive. windows 10 will not load or "write to it . why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-write-to-new-extrenal-drive/4fa29ab3-74e4-4c94-8ce2-40c0100b4e6c
  10. How do I create a network password?

How do I create a network password?: Hi, I've posted here about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and since had a lot of my questions answered. I also post in Seven Forums and XP Forms, respectively. I don't wan to be redundant, and apologize in advance. *Smile I'm pretty setup now with sharing and security permissions...