Windows 10: How do I create and configure a new local group (for my 3 yr old)

Discus and support How do I create and configure a new local group (for my 3 yr old) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I want to create a user group that can only click the start button and only open the games I have pinned to the start menu so that I can create a local... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Sqrly, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Sqrly Win User

How do I create and configure a new local group (for my 3 yr old)

I want to create a user group that can only click the start button and only open the games I have pinned to the start menu so that I can create a local account for my 3 year old and put him in it. I do not want to, will not, use a Microsoft account.

Actually, I want to download and import it but I don't even know if that's possible but it sure would save a lot of time *Wink

I know creating one is possible because I've been on those PC's at one job or another that are setup this way.

I know how to add a user group, I just can't figure out, or find a tutorial on, how to configure it.

:)

Sqrly, Jul 24, 2017

2. Delete a old Home Group and create a new Home Group in Windows 10

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, kindly send us a screenshot of what you are seeing when you go to
    Control Panel >
    Network and Internet > HomeGroup.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Jul 24, 2017
  3. Delete a old Home Group and create a new Home Group in Windows 10

There is a certain bizarre (sometimes impenetrable) logic to Homegroup.

First, on each computer, if they are still joined, leave the homegroup. Then turn off all the computers. Then start your main computer only and let it settle down for two minutes after signing in. Open >Control Panel >Network and Internet >HomeGroup and
    there should be an option to 'create a home group'. Run the troubleshooter if necessary.

Then one at a time start your other computers and 'join a home group'. If it's not working run the troubleshooter.

I hope this helps. Let us know.

laudablepus, Jul 24, 2017
Thema:

How do I create and configure a new local group (for my 3 yr old)

1. How do I create and configure a new local group (for my 3 yr old) - Similar Threads - create configure local

2. Absolutely nothing is configured in Local Group Policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Absolutely nothing is configured in Local Group Policy: Hello, absolutely nothing is configured there, and i'm not gonna search one by one to solve my problem.The problem in question that i'm having is 0x8000FFFF which makes windows update completely unusable and i can't add features which is what i want to have linux subsystem...
  3. Absolutely nothing is configured in Local Group Policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Absolutely nothing is configured in Local Group Policy: Hello, absolutely nothing is configured there, and i'm not gonna search one by one to solve my problem.The problem in question that i'm having is 0x8000FFFF which makes windows update completely unusable and i can't add features which is what i want to have linux subsystem...
  4. Applying 3 local GPO´s to 3 different Local Groups

in Windows 10 Support
    Applying 3 local GPO´s to 3 different Local Groups: Hello! Hoping this is the right category :) So i have this issue where i need to have role separation on local level, not domain. 3 groups with different accesses/permissions from GPOs. for ie: Group 1 can use windows installer and scripts but not change time Group 2 can...
  5. GPO create new local group instead of update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GPO create new local group instead of update: Hello, we have GPO to delete local admins and add domain admins. It is classic basics..On one site this GPO isnt working properly. Instead of add admins to Administrators (bult in) group it create new one and add domain admins here. Any idea why? :) submitted by...
  6. How do I create a new local user without bloat?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I create a new local user without bloat?: I freshly installed windows10 and de-bloated my admin account. Now I want to create a new user. But the new user comes with everything reset, all the shitty live-tiles in the start menu. I really don't want to go through deinstalling all of it again. Is there a simple way to...
  7. how do I create a group of contacts to send emails to a specific group

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I create a group of contacts to send emails to a specific group: how do I create a group of contacts in order to send a group email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-create-a-group-of-contacts-to-send-emails/a7e545be-dc57-4e58-80db-22b1f1b85b40
  8. How do I create a group in mail?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I create a group in mail?: I want to set-up a group in windows mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-create-a-group-in-mail/efd760b5-3508-4986-9901-926abda30363"
  9. How do I create groups in the mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I create groups in the mail app?: I understand that my "contacts" are now in an app called "People". I am using Google/Gmail to transfer all of my contacts to People, I also have several groups that I need to transfer or create to enable one email to go to several people in a group. How do I create groups...
  10. Have hard drive from 3 yr old Toshiba.

in Windows 10 Support
    Have hard drive from 3 yr old Toshiba.: Want to run it on new Dell laptop to retrieve a ton of data. Keeps telling me I need permission. Works fine if I place laptop in Safe mode. Anyone find a simpler way to do this? 84613