Windows 10: How do I Create and connect to a homegroup from a diff location

Discus and support How do I Create and connect to a homegroup from a diff location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Me and my friend want to create a home gorup or network share im not sure how i would do it but i know it is possible when we had win 7 we had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Epicfin123, Jul 17, 2015.

1. How do I Create and connect to a homegroup from a diff location

Me and my friend want to create a home gorup or network share im not sure how i would do it but i know it is possible when we had win 7 we had a homegroup/network share and i think when we both updated to win 10 we could still connect but thne we both had to reset our pc to default win 10 when i done that it obviously removed it does any1 know how i could remake one even tho he is in a diff place.

:)

Epicfin123, Jul 17, 2015

2. how do I create a new homegroup?

How do I create a new homegroup, old one has become nonfunctional since that PC does not exist anymore.

SueFrazier, Jul 17, 2015
  3. How do I create a new homegroup?

Hi,

You can follow the steps provided from our support site on how to create HomeGroup from start to finish on this
    link.

We will wait for your feedback about the outcome.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jul 17, 2015
  4. DKW
    DKW Win User

How do I Create and connect to a homegroup from a diff location

For 10240, In the search panel, type Homegroup.
    Using Homegroup, you can create a connection between two PC's on the network.

5. Berton Win User
    That Subject seems to be in disagreement with the question. If "he is in a diff place" than the physical network then something like remote access would be needed, maybe logmein?

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I Create and connect to a homegroup from a diff location

1. How do I Create and connect to a homegroup from a diff location - Similar Threads - Create connect homegroup

2. How do I connect to an existing homegroup?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I connect to an existing homegroup?: Moved from Windows 7 to a new Windows 10 laptop, but can't work out how to connect to our homegroup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-to-an-existing-homegroup/95abee85-b3be-46d8-8fe6-591e378edb64
  3. HOW DO I DELETE A HOMEGROUP NETWORK CONNECTION FROM WINDOWS 10 VERSION 1803

HOW DO I DELETE A HOMEGROUP NETWORK CONNECTION FROM WINDOWS 10 VERSION 1803: I AM RUNNING WINDOWS 10 VERSION 1803 AND NEED TO DELETE A HOMEGROUP NETWORK CONNECTION THAT IS NO LONGER NEEDED?. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-do-i-delete-a-homegroup-network-connection/e10b479c-1612-4f8f-af01-51d03463d9b7
  4. can't connect to the homegroup

can't connect to the homegroup: Hello! At home we have 4 PCs, I used to share file using homegroups without any issues. just three days ago, I had to reinstall the windows on an HP Mini, and after that it couldn't connect to the homegroup, instead it says Create a homegroup. I have tried: -to clean the...
  5. Unable to create Homegroup on this computer.

Unable to create Homegroup on this computer.: Thought I would pass on a solution that worked for me when I was about to give up and reinstal again, without any guarantee of success. I installed Windows 10 about 3 weeks ago on my second computer, leaving the main computer on Win7 until I tried it out. Had so many...
  6. How do I delete a Homegroup from the network

How do I delete a Homegroup from the network: OK, just upgraded to Windows 10 and I am unable to create a new Homegroup because one that I created a long time ago is still showing up. I do not remember the password to join it and that user has been formatted a long time ago. I cannot find anything online that can get rid...
  7. Do I need a HomeGroup

Do I need a HomeGroup: Early on I created a HomeGroup for these two machines. Never used it for anything. We both operate fine on the network as is. Since the FCUpdate, the HomeGroup disappeared. Doing some research I've cleaned up behind it's removal. My question is: Is there any advantage to...
  8. Cannot leave or create homegroup

Cannot leave or create homegroup: I've tried every "fix" I've come across and I cannot get my homegroup back up. Is there a way to use the command line to leave the homegroup? This has been a huge pain since I upgraded my PCs to Win10. Using flash drives to share files is getting old. 27295
  9. How do I create a free wifi connection?

How do I create a free wifi connection?: Hello, I own a little cafe in a town called Cromer(England) and I was wondering how I would setup a wifi connection using my current router but so I could make it require no pass key but it re directs them to a website where they can sign up or login, and until they login...
  10. Create Homegroup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Homegroup in Windows 10: How to: Create Homegroup in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also stream media to...