Windows 10: How do I crop images at the middle with Photos app?

Discus and support How do I crop images at the middle with Photos app? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me how to crop images at the middle with Photos app like it is possible with Paint? I can only crop images using the Photos app but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CoUser, Oct 3, 2017.

1. CoUser Win User

How do I crop images at the middle with Photos app?

Can anyone tell me how to crop images at the middle with Photos app like it is possible with Paint? I can only crop images using the Photos app but only in each side of the image, not at the center.

:)

CoUser, Oct 3, 2017

2. ***HELP PLEASE!*** No longer able to crop photos since the Windows 10 Photo App Update

Sadly, I was not giving the option to choose if I wanted the update. I didn't realise it had updated until I discovered that things looked different. It is absolutely impossible to use this editor to crop photos/pictures anymore.

I used to be able to select the area I wanted to crop but now the only option is a diagonal drag and it only lets me crop from right to left and I am not able to select the area I want to crop. When it crops, I have to put my cursor into the middle of the
    photo to move the area cropped but I it is impossible to crop the area I need to crop.

Please, please, pleeeeeeeeeease can someone tell me how to fix this? Can the update be uninstalled? Is it possible to revert back to the previous version?

I do not want to have to search online for alternative photo editor programmes.

How do I crop images at the middle with Photos app? [​IMG]

Debbie Holley, Oct 3, 2017
  3. How to crop, resize and enhance a photo in Windows 10

For a while now, I have been unable to crop photos like I used to How do I crop images at the middle with Photos app? :(

I used to be able to select the area I wanted to crop but now it only lets me crop from right to left and I am not able to select the area I want to crop. When it crops, I have to put my cursor into the middle of the photo to move the area cropped but it
    never gives a satisfactory crop.

Everything seemed fine until I got an update, I didn't realise it had updated until I realised that things looked different :/

Can anyone please help me or recommend another good photo editor?

Thank you very much in advance How do I crop images at the middle with Photos app? :)

Debbie Holley, Oct 3, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, if you mean cropping part of the image, cutting a region all around the area you want, it seems quite possible:

You can see the original in the background.

Rotation is possible too.

dalchina, Oct 3, 2017
  5. CoUser Win User
    Strange, I tried again and I couldn't do it. It's way easier in paint.

CoUser, Oct 3, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Just 'cos Photos is supplied with Windows doesn't mean you have to use it, or that it's the best. I've never cropped or edited a photo with it... I use Paint for preparing items to post here.

But
    click Edit

Click Crop & Rotate
    - and you're there.

dalchina, Oct 3, 2017
  7. CoUser Win User
    Yes, I know, but the thing is that I only want to have one app/program for opening pictures and what I was thinking was to remove Paint in the future since it is older and according to what I read it may be removed in the Fall Creators Update but since I can't crop images the way I want I might be able to not remove it if it isn't removed in the next version.

Well, I tried again but to no avail.

CoUser, Oct 4, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Please post screenshots showing exactly what you are doing and clicking in Photos, then perhaps someone can help.

You can also try re-registering Photos - see the Tutorial section if you become convinced it's broken.

Paint will remain available, one way or another- there is a thread discussing this.
    Restore Paint app in Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials
    Features removed or Deprecated in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - Windows 10 Forums

However- if it's available from the Store, I'm wondering if that means as a universal app not as we know it...

dalchina, Oct 4, 2017
  9. CoUser Win User
    Well, it's a drag that we will have to download Paint from the Store but at least it won't disappear for good.

For example, where is the delete key here?

CoUser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I crop images at the middle with Photos app? - Similar Threads - crop images middle

2. how do you CROP a photo in photo app 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you CROP a photo in photo app 2022: I am having a problem finding the CROP function in the Photo app since the last Photo app update. There is no edit pencil and the only way is to accept predetermined sizes. Is this function still available in Microsoft Photo App?...
  3. how do you CROP a photo in photo app 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you CROP a photo in photo app 2022: I am having a problem finding the CROP function in the Photo app since the last Photo app update. There is no edit pencil and the only way is to accept predetermined sizes. Is this function still available in Microsoft Photo App?...
  4. Photos Crop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos Crop: Something is wrong when I crop my photos. When I tried to crop a second time, it won't work. What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-crop/419ce4f4-8890-4faa-b9e4-f2b9ca7ee617
  5. Photo app auto cropping image

Photo app auto cropping image: I am trying to figure out why the Photos app keeps shrinking and cropping cuts both sides off an image whenever I open it. I can't find any settings to see why it would. If I view the image in a slideshow, it will show the full image. I have also transferred the files to...
  6. Why is cropping an image in the Photos app so choppy and laggy?

Why is cropping an image in the Photos app so choppy and laggy?: I'm running Windows 10 on a home-built PC using an AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, AMD Radeon 570X graphics card, MSI motherboard, and 4K BenQ monitor using DP input. I've always noticed that when I click on a picture to view in the Photos app and then click Edit & Create and then use...
  7. Photos app - cropping is choppy

Photos app - cropping is choppy: This is a problem that I've had with my Windows 10 machine ever since I built it, even after I've changed motherboards and graphics cards, so I'm really stumped as to what's causing it. When I click on any photo to edit it in the default Windows 10 photos app, cropping the...
  8. "Windows Photo Viewer" cropping images in slideshow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Windows Photo Viewer" cropping images in slideshow: I prefer to use "Windows Photo Viewer" for viewing images since like forever, and since I upgraded to windows 10 I have been facing some issues. I recently upgraded to Windows 10, but when I use the same it shows all the images cropped whenever I enter the slideshow mode. Is...
  9. Photo cropping

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo cropping: For years in W7 I have used Photofiltre for quick and simple cropping of photos etc. It was easy and without the drama and fanfare of Picasa and it didn't leave bits all over afterwards. I have just installed Photofiltre onto my new W10 pc and although it shows in my new...
  10. Crop Image in Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Crop Image in Windows 10 Photos app: How to: Crop Image in Windows 10 Photos app How to Crop Image in Windows 10 Photos app The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share all your digital memories. It brings together photos and videos from all...