Windows 10: How do I default to onscreen keyboard instead of the handwriting panel

Discus and support How do I default to onscreen keyboard instead of the handwriting panel in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On the surface pro 3 running Windows 10, the handwriting input panel appears by default when running as a tablet. I would rather use the onscreen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mwiht, Jul 31, 2015.

1. mwiht Win User

How do I default to onscreen keyboard instead of the handwriting panel

On the surface pro 3 running Windows 10, the handwriting input panel appears by default when running as a tablet. I would rather use the onscreen keyboard as the default option. Yet when I change to the keyboard, the next time I click in a text box, the handwriting panel appears again!

:)

mwiht, Jul 31, 2015

2. Make standard keyboard layout as default in Windows 10.

Original title: How to make standard keyboard layout as default instead of handwriting panel for touch keyboard in windows 10?

How do I make the standard keyboard layout the default for the touch keyboard instead of the (now default) handwriting panel in windows 10? I use touchscreen and pen for my input.

Artistofdesign, Jul 31, 2015
  3. onscreen keyboard keeps changing to handwriting input panel

Onscreen keyboard keeps changing to handwriting input panel. With every new text entry the handwriting input panel appears and I must change it to the onscreen keyboard. Can't figure out how to choose the onscreen keyboard as a default preference. Surface
    Pro 3, Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit. Help please.

JohnAmalfi, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

How do I default to onscreen keyboard instead of the handwriting panel

1. How do I default to onscreen keyboard instead of the handwriting panel - Similar Threads - default onscreen keyboard

2. How to keep the touch keyboard and handwriting panel OPEN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep the touch keyboard and handwriting panel OPEN: Hello,I want the mini keyboard to be always ON and visible floating on the Desktop just like on the picture. By default, the keyboard pops up when typing and hides when you click on something.I want it to be fixed at all times on the desktop.I have a surface pro 3 i7 on...
  3. How to keep the touch keyboard and handwriting panel OPEN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to keep the touch keyboard and handwriting panel OPEN: Hello,I want the mini keyboard to be always ON and visible floating on the Desktop just like on the picture. By default, the keyboard pops up when typing and hides when you click on something.I want it to be fixed at all times on the desktop.I have a surface pro 3 i7 on...
  4. Handwriting Panel Lost?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Handwriting Panel Lost?: I have a surface pro 3 and after upgrading to Windows 11, I lost tablet mode which took away my access to the handwriting panel. So my question is, will I no longer have the handwriting panel?...
  5. Handwriting Panel Lost?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Handwriting Panel Lost?: I have a surface pro 3 and after upgrading to Windows 11, I lost tablet mode which took away my access to the handwriting panel. So my question is, will I no longer have the handwriting panel?...
  6. How do I enable Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How do I enable Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to enable or disable Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service in Windows 11/10. This Windows Service enables Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel pen and ink functionality and is required to use the typing and touch features. If...
  7. Handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Handwriting panel: The handwriting panel either disappears, or what ever am an trying to write on disappears if I rest my hand on the screen to write. I don't see any palm reject settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/handwriting-panel/cc4a1e0e-a035-4b74-9573-1b0840d93819
  8. opening handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening handwriting panel: how does one open the handwriting panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-handwriting-panel/059f5c5d-63a0-4920-9424-e75e6c38c5a9
  9. 1703 Handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1703 Handwriting panel: Just wanted to know if I can get the Windows 10 1709 handwriting panel on Windows 1703 as I am using a Thinkpad 2 running the atom processor which has been ditched by Microsoft? I cant deal with having to tap the space bar button when I reach the end of the panel. Thank you...
  10. Virtual Keyboard vs. Handwriting Panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual Keyboard vs. Handwriting Panel?: In Tablet Mode. when you need to enter text sometimes the virtual keyboard pops up and sometimes the handwriting panel (is that what it's called?) pops up. What determines which one pops up? I'd rather get the virtual keyboard every time. Is there a setting for that? 34820

Users found this page by searching for:

1. [windows] onscreen control - version 3.34