Windows 10: How do I default to onscreen keyboard instead of the handwriting panel

Discus and support How do I default to onscreen keyboard instead of the handwriting panel in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On the surface pro 3 running Windows 10, the handwriting input panel appears by default when running as a tablet. I would rather use the onscreen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mwiht, Jul 31, 2015.

1. mwiht Win User

How do I default to onscreen keyboard instead of the handwriting panel

On the surface pro 3 running Windows 10, the handwriting input panel appears by default when running as a tablet. I would rather use the onscreen keyboard as the default option. Yet when I change to the keyboard, the next time I click in a text box, the handwriting panel appears again!

:)

mwiht, Jul 31, 2015

2. Make standard keyboard layout as default in Windows 10.

Original title: How to make standard keyboard layout as default instead of handwriting panel for touch keyboard in windows 10?

How do I make the standard keyboard layout the default for the touch keyboard instead of the (now default) handwriting panel in windows 10? I use touchscreen and pen for my input.

Artistofdesign, Jul 31, 2015
  3. onscreen keyboard keeps changing to handwriting input panel

Onscreen keyboard keeps changing to handwriting input panel. With every new text entry the handwriting input panel appears and I must change it to the onscreen keyboard. Can't figure out how to choose the onscreen keyboard as a default preference. Surface
    Pro 3, Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit. Help please.

JohnAmalfi, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

How do I default to onscreen keyboard instead of the handwriting panel

1. How do I default to onscreen keyboard instead of the handwriting panel - Similar Threads - default onscreen keyboard

2. onscreen keyboard font size

in Windows 10 Customization
    onscreen keyboard font size: I use the onscreen keyboard and the font size is to small. Is there a way to increase the size? TY Ron https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onscreen-keyboard-font-size/e71e4f36-e85c-4335-b85c-1a2cabcfda5f
  3. Onscreen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Onscreen Keyboard: My onscreen keyboard looks like this. Nothing I do can change it. Help. Don Cole [img] 124733
  4. opening handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening handwriting panel: how does one open the handwriting panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-handwriting-panel/059f5c5d-63a0-4920-9424-e75e6c38c5a9
  5. SurfaceGo - No Onscreen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    SurfaceGo - No Onscreen Keyboard: Hi all, I have a SurfaceGo without a physical keyboard , so the onscreen keyboard is of utmost importance. Unfortunately the keyboard refuses to popup when I tab in a text box, also taping the onscreen keyboard icon on the taskbar triggers no response. Please advice...
  6. 1703 Handwriting panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1703 Handwriting panel: Just wanted to know if I can get the Windows 10 1709 handwriting panel on Windows 1703 as I am using a Thinkpad 2 running the atom processor which has been ditched by Microsoft? I cant deal with having to tap the space bar button when I reach the end of the panel. Thank you...
  7. Write in the handwriting panel with your fingertip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Write in the handwriting panel with your fingertip: Settings > Devices > Pen & Windows Ink Handwriting Input Panel How to turn off :: Write in the handwriting panel with your fingertip - via Registry only? 97751
  8. How do I restore default icons from control panel?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I restore default icons from control panel?: Hello this is my first post I installed a custom icon pack and I didn't like so I decided to uninstall it but after I uninstalled it everything went back to normal except the ones in the control panel (Which I didn't get why) I did had a restore point but that actually didn't...
  9. Onscreen Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Onscreen Keyboard: Are there any settings for this thing? Not sure if any of you have ever used Android but the keyboard on that operating system actually has settings. I can't seem to find anything useful on Windows 10. 26330
  10. Virtual Keyboard vs. Handwriting Panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Virtual Keyboard vs. Handwriting Panel?: In Tablet Mode. when you need to enter text sometimes the virtual keyboard pops up and sometimes the handwriting panel (is that what it's called?) pops up. What determines which one pops up? I'd rather get the virtual keyboard every time. Is there a setting for that? 34820

Users found this page by searching for:

1. [windows] onscreen control - version 3.34