Windows 10: How do I delete an invisible icon in the taskbar?

Discus and support How do I delete an invisible icon in the taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I pinned Mail on my taskbar. Later to have a keyboard shortcut, I created a shortcut of mail and sent it to desktop and then eventually to start menu's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kanishknishar, Aug 24, 2018.

1. How do I delete an invisible icon in the taskbar?

I pinned Mail on my taskbar. Later to have a keyboard shortcut, I created a shortcut of mail and sent it to desktop and then eventually to start menu's directory.

Afterwards - it would seem - the mail icon of my taskbar became invisible. I cannot unpin it because it isn't pinned according to Windows. Clicking 'Pin to Taskbar' does nothing.

I have gone to the taskbar directory:
    C:\Users\Lance\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

There is no mail in that directory.

How can I remove this icon?

:)

kanishknishar, Aug 24, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 24, 2018
  3. Invisible windows app icons and lost thumbnails.

I had some invisible icons on my taskbar (not all of them, seems to be only windows apps) and I tried an online fix which suggested deleting the icon cache. However, this didn't work and now I have no thumbnails for any of my files so I can't tell what anything is. Very frustrating so would appreciate any help.

AnniBanani, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Arakhis Win User

How do I delete an invisible icon in the taskbar?

Invisible Microsoft Icons in Taskbar and Search

tried deleting somewhat named "..."cache.db already. didnt help after restart

picture:

How do I delete an invisible icon in the taskbar? [​IMG]

Arakhis, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

How do I delete an invisible icon in the taskbar?

1. How do I delete an invisible icon in the taskbar? - Similar Threads - delete invisible icon

2. Invisible taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invisible taskbar icon: I have installed Minecraft launcher from Microsoft Store and it doesn't have an icon on my taskbar when it is pinned on it and when it is running. I tried uninstalling and installing a few times and it didn't fix the issue. However, on my desktop, the shortcut to the launcher...
  3. Invisible taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible taskbar icon: I have installed Minecraft launcher from Microsoft Store and it doesn't have an icon on my taskbar when it is pinned on it and when it is running. I tried uninstalling and installing a few times and it didn't fix the issue. However, on my desktop, the shortcut to the launcher...
  4. Invisible taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Invisible Taskbar Icon

Invisible Taskbar Icon: Hello!I have encountered a problem with my taskbar. And I am having trouble resolving it.My icon on the taskbar is invisible even though my icon on the desktop is visible.I have tried restarting windows explorer and fuddling with the settings/finding information online. None...
  6. Invisible Taskbar Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible Taskbar Icon: Hello!I have encountered a problem with my taskbar. And I am having trouble resolving it.My icon on the taskbar is invisible even though my icon on the desktop is visible.I have tried restarting windows explorer and fuddling with the settings/finding information online. None...
  7. Invisible Taskbar Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Invisible icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Invisible icons in taskbar: I am having a issue with my DELL windows 10 laptop I opened my PC to see that all the icons in the taskbar are invisible . Things I tried : Went to task manager and restarted file explorer Restarted my pc Unpin and repin the applications If anyone knows how to fix it...
  9. Invisible icon on taskbar

Invisible icon on taskbar: On my taskbar is one invisible icon and I can't figure out where it comes from. [ATTACH] Clicking on it (no matter if I press left or right mouse button) wont show anything. Also hovering with the mouse courser over the "icon" to get a tool tip isn't working. Is there...
  10. Invisible icons on taskbar

Invisible icons on taskbar: Hi, So this problem has recently surfaced on my Lenovo laptop. It has the most recent version of windows installed. The problem is that certain apps (messenger, settings, mail etc.) will be clickable on the task bar, but are invisible. This doesn't affect them in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove an invisible pin

2. how to unpin from taskbar an invisible app

3. removing windows 10 taskbar invisible pins

4. how to remove invisible apps from taskbar,
  5. how to remove an invisible app,
  6. how to get rid of invisible apps on the task bar,
  7. Icon residue on taskbar how do i remove it,
  8. hulu app uninsattled but show in taks bar,
  9. pinned icons are invisible win 10 how to remove them,
  10. how to remove invisible icons on taskbar,
  11. how to remove old hulu icon from taskbar,