Windows 10: How do I delete Metro Apps?

Discus and support How do I delete Metro Apps? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is absolutely the stupidest beta, I have ever seen. How in the world are we supposed to manage our apps? How do we delete them? I have 97 apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Trust_No1, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Trust_No1 Win User

How do I delete Metro Apps?

This is absolutely the stupidest beta, I have ever seen.

How in the world are we supposed to manage our apps? How do we delete them? I have 97 apps and no idea what 80 of them are, a clean install should just load the essentials unless directed to do else wise.

:)

Trust_No1, Oct 17, 2014

2. How to ADD a shortcut to "All Apps" menus in Start Menu W10

On a new user "Pin to Start" puts it directly onto the all apps list and doesn't create a metro tile.

Adding a metro tile for it, deleting the all apps, and the metro tile, then readding it puts it in both locations.

I have no idea why its only doing this on my account now. Something must have happened to my user settings.

Mercarcher, Oct 17, 2014
  3. deleting music from my sd card

• on the music player, it is impossible to delete an entire album. You have to go to the songs section in the music hub and then delete them one song at a time. It is frustrating to do it this way but that is just how it is.
    • If the windows app is not allowing you to delete, have you tried the windows desktop app or the windows metro app?

Jay_answers, Oct 17, 2014
  4. Edwin New Member

Right click on the app and choose 'Uninstall'.

Edwin, Oct 17, 2014
  5. Kari Win User
    Of those 97 apps you must have installed most by yourself. By default 28 modern apps will be installed (including Store and Feedback) so it seems you are the reason you have so many apps.

Default modern apps in Windows 10 Technical Preview:

How do I delete Metro Apps? [​IMG]

How do I delete Metro Apps? [​IMG]

(The second screenshot accidentally shows Pictures library folder included, however it should be excluded as the Documents folder in first screenshot is.)

6. Trust_No1 Win User
    Ahh, I have to reboot to remove Icon. I swear I right clicked before and uninstall was not an option, weird.

I have several Acers, it must be partly their bloatware too. I just think it is way to many.

Trust_No1, Oct 17, 2014
  7. simrick Win User
    I am trying to delete the Skype app. In the settings>system>apps & features, I click uninstall and nothing happens. So I opened administrative powershell and typed

Remove-AppxPackage -package Microsoft.SkypeApp_3.1.0.1007_x86_kzf8qxf38zg5c

and I keep getting errors. Have I got it wrong? Missing a space, or quote or something? How the heck do I get rid of this?

simrick, Apr 24, 2015
  8. Mystere Win User

"keep getting errors" doesn't tell anyone anything. WHAT errors? Be explicit.

Mystere, Apr 24, 2015
  9. cyberrufus, Apr 24, 2015
  10. simrick Win User
    Seems like I'm missing a space, or quotes or something?

simrick, Apr 25, 2015
  11. simrick Win User
    Seems the "help" isn't much help?

Oh wait - I see a problem - I have Apps instead of App.....

DPC Watchdog Violation over and over on this thing....finally got back to it - but can't get it to work:

So I did it from a C:\ prompt:
    Remove-AppPackage -package Microsoft.SkypeApp_3.1.0.1007_x86_kzf8qxf38zg5c

and I got an error code 0x80010108. Is that a clue?

simrick, Apr 25, 2015
  12. KenG Win User
    Doesn't work for the majority of the preinstalled apps. Specifically, "Uninstall" is not an option offered when you right-click on the app name in the All Apps list for things like the calculator, alarms & clock, camera, etc. It's definitely not an option available for the new Outlook Mail & Calendar app or the new Outlook People app that came preinstalled in PC Build 10061. I wish it were that simple. I would kill to be able to get rid of the new Outlook apps and go back to the original Mail, Calendar & People app until they get the worst of the gremlins out of the new Outlook apps.

...ken...

13. KenG Win User

Some of the Modern apps can be uninstalled from the new Settings feature.

SETTINGS > SYSTEM > Apps & Features

Select to display "By Name" and scroll to the one you want to uninstall (Or just search for the specific app if you know its correct name). Click/tap on it and you will see boxes for "Move" and "Uninstall". Some of the preinstalled apps will allow you to Uninstall. Some of them won't ("Uninstall" will be greyed out). I was able to uninstall the Outlook Mail & Calendar app but not the new People app (arrrgggghhhh!!!).

...ken...

14. snickie Win User
    Your syntax is wrong! Type like this in PowerShell (as administrator):

Remove-AppxPackage [full package name].

Btw, I'm using build 10240 (RTM).

snickie, Aug 25, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

1. How do I delete Metro Apps? - Similar Threads - delete Metro Apps

2. How do I delete a partially downloaded app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a partially downloaded app?: How do I delete a partially downloaded app from Microsoft store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-partially-downloaded-app/2ad4f943-d420-4333-9f51-9f896790897a
  3. How do I delete a partially downloaded app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete a partially downloaded app?: How do I delete a partially downloaded app from Microsoft store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-partially-downloaded-app/2ad4f943-d420-4333-9f51-9f896790897a
  4. How do I delete all of the apps like this??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I delete all of the apps like this??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jxck_050 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mm72k5/how_do_i_delete_all_of_the_apps_like_this/
  5. Metro Apps not installed

Metro Apps not installed: Hi there, I used to have a problem where metro apps wouldn't open, so I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. After the upgrade finished, the metro apps just didn't exist, I couldn't find them via search or settings, and whenever I use the PowerShell commands it just says...
  6. How do I transfer Windows App Store's App Metro App to another PC that is no longer...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I transfer Windows App Store's App Metro App to another PC that is no longer...: Back in Time is one of the apps that I have purchased in App Store that is no longer available to download for my new PC. How can I transfer it from my old PC?...
  7. how can i reinstall all windows metro apps

how can i reinstall all windows metro apps: Ok so dont ask me how (long story) but i managed to corrupt all my windows modern apps and i cant use or uninstall them, the store showed that there installed and i cant redownload them or launch them. is there some way i can reinstall only all or one by one reinstall all...
  8. How do I backup Metro/Modern Apps and App Data?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I backup Metro/Modern Apps and App Data?: I would like to backup Metro/Modern Apps, is this possible? Once backed up, how do you restore them? Also, what about Metro/Modern App Data? Thanks. 10475
  9. Metro Apps Problem

Metro Apps Problem: I don't have Metro (Modern) Apps (Fresh Install). How do i get it? 35052
  10. Metro Apps after 1511

Metro Apps after 1511: Hey guys, long time reader fist post tho. i considere myself computer "able"! but i have this stupid problem since upgrading to windows 10. upgrade went fine although when i wanted to register a new user, this new user start menu wont even open. tried many times and did many...