Windows 10: How do i delete system files on other HDD?

Discus and support How do i delete system files on other HDD? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i just installed windows 10 onto my first SSD (Made it my master drive) and i'd like to delete every file and folder on my old HDD except the one in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hal0freak, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Hal0freak Win User

How do i delete system files on other HDD?

i just installed windows 10 onto my first SSD (Made it my master drive) and i'd like to delete every file and folder on my old HDD except the one in which all my games are installed (Not program files its a folder labeled "Games" in the root directory). But i keep needing permission from "SYSTEM" Or "TrustedInstaller" to remove them. Do i have to use the "take Ownership" Regedit to do it? or is there some faster way?..

Also i do not have another drive to move the games to that would allow me to format the HDD. Thank you very much for looking and reading.

:)

Hal0freak, Jul 27, 2015
  2. dazowls Win User

How do i delete other files memory on my phone

My phone is a NokiaE5 software version 071.003

dazowls, Jul 27, 2015
  3. Sergio_Sz Win User
    How do i delete other files memory on my phone

I have the same phone. This is an old bug in S60 devices. You can try different things:

- From your mail client, delete all deleted and sent mails from those inboxes.

- From Internet browser delete all history and cache files.

- Check your SMS inbox. If you have so many (over 500), delete them all. If you need them, do a backup with Nokia Suite first.

- Install Mobile Guard v 3.0 software. This sw will allow you to look for junk files and delete them, as many other maintenance OS tasks. So useful program.

Check how many space you recover after this, if not enough tell us, we can try other things.

Hope this helps...

Regards.

Sergio_Sz, Jul 27, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

One way would be to boot a Linux Live CD/Flash drive and delete everything from there. It doesn't care about Windows permissions.
    Ubuntu, Slacko, Mint, all would work.

Ztruker, Jul 27, 2015
  5. Hal0freak Win User
    Would Ubuntu be able to see the "Hidden" system files of the old copy of windows?

Hal0freak, Jul 27, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    Why not copy your Games folder somewhere safe then format the drive.

swarfega, Jul 27, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    He already answered that:

Ztruker, Jul 27, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

Yes, should not be a problem.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do i delete system files on other HDD? - Similar Threads - delete system files

2. How do I create a system image if Windows has system files in a very large HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I create a system image if Windows has system files in a very large HDD?: I'm trying to create a system image so I can move windows to a new SSD, but Windows has system files in my current 240 GB SSD and in a 4 TB HDD, so it says that the space of the backup drive is not enough. I only have a 1 TB external drive to backup. I don't know what system...
  3. How do I create a system image if Windows has system files in a very large HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I create a system image if Windows has system files in a very large HDD?: I'm trying to create a system image so I can move windows to a new SSD, but Windows has system files in my current 240 GB SSD and in a 4 TB HDD, so it says that the space of the backup drive is not enough. I only have a 1 TB external drive to backup. I don't know what system...
  4. How to delete system file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete system file: Have a .sys file left after removing application. How do I delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-system-file/16286353-0324-4fc8-8fa5-26cc6d28230b
  5. How to delete system file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete system file: Have a .sys file left after removing application. How do I delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-system-file/16286353-0324-4fc8-8fa5-26cc6d28230b
  6. How do I delete these files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete these files?: I have a usb that I pluged into my pc after a while and I look into the usb to see 16 folders that did not look like normal folders they where a darker shade and all of the names of them where USUSUSUS.usu and when I tried to delete them I got a message saying that you need...
  7. How do I delete these files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete these files?: I have a usb that I pluged into my pc after a while and I look into the usb to see 16 folders that did not look like normal folders they where a darker shade and all of the names of them where USUSUSUS.usu and when I tried to delete them I got a message saying that you need...
  8. How do I delete a file..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I delete a file..: I've spent hours on this.. from adding "take over ownership" as a button when right-clicking a file, to deleting the file through admin CMD /del.. I've used other software, it's just a simple .txt file I need to be removed.. It's in the windowsapp folder but still is there...
  9. How do I delete a file that refuses to delete

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I delete a file that refuses to delete: I tried to delete this dumb game called March of empires war of lords and everytime I try it wants the administrators permission I am logged in o that account. submitted by /u/tf2andsot [link] [comments]...
  10. How do I delete files on system volume information?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete files on system volume information?: [img] I have about 58GB unneeded data trapped in "system volume information>file protector" and im not able to delete it. Things I have tried so far: 1. deleting every system restore and even turning it off. 2. Disabled acronis data protection and even uninstalled it. and a...