Windows 10: How do I DISABLE any and ALL permissions, passwords, user security

Discus and support How do I DISABLE any and ALL permissions, passwords, user security in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Simply put, if you want to use a system admin account, avoid using Microsoft apps and software, it is user unfriendly. Or to put it another way, if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ajmich, Sep 5, 2016.

1. lx07 Win User

How do I DISABLE any and ALL permissions, passwords, user security

Or to put it another way, if you want to use Windows as MS designed it don't use a system account.

2. ajmich Win User

Thank each of you for your input. I'm looking at the system admin account for the heckuvit.

I realize maybe I asked all of this from the wrong direction. What is the BEST configuration for a single user, to at least minimize "interruptions" by the OS? And to let me have access to all files? Should I start over with a clean install, having ONLY one account, presumably a MSA to allow access to all of Cortana's features, etc?

As for disconnecting the external drive containing your image files (except while imaging) -- of course! Not doing so would be like putting cash in a safe then leaving the safe open.

ajmich, Sep 5, 2016
  3. LMiller7 Win User
    Running with a full time admin account is convenient, I will grant you that. But it isn't very secure.

By default software runs with the same rights and privileges as the account it is running under. That is what makes an admin account convenient. When running safe software this poses no serious problem. But if you should run something malicious, and this is very difficult to prevent, it will be able to do pretty much whatever it wishes, no questions asked. It will take full advantage.

That changed with the introduction of UAC in Vista. With UAC applications running under an admin account do so with a restricted token that gives them only the rights and privileges of a standard account. This will stop much malware and at the least make it more difficult to do it's work. That is good.

UAC is a reasonable compromise between security and convenience. But for some it seems any compromise with convenience is unacceptable. Security always has it's price and a part of that is a loss of convenience. And it is not just with computers, a fact air travelers know very well.

UAC might seem too restrictive but it was much less convenient in NT4 (introduced in 1996) and older versions. There was no UAC, no Fast User Switching, and no Run as Administrator. Even then it was recommended practice to run with a standard account, reserving the admin account for when it was needed. When admin level access was needed you had to first log out of your standard account which of necessity closed all of your applications. You then logged in with the admin account, did what was needed, and log out. Then you could log in with your normal account, restart your applications, and resume your work.

That all seems very primitive. But remember that NT4 had to run with as little as 16 MB RAM and many thought that requirement was excessive.

It is generally best to use an OS as it was designed to be used, even when it is not entirely to your liking. In the long ruin you will be happier doing so.

LMiller7, Sep 5, 2016
  4. ajmich Win User

Thanks! It's beginning to clear up for me now, with such reasoned responses. *Redface Now I'm wondering if I've mucked up this install to the point where I'd be best off restoring to my bare bones standard factory config, which I imaged after the painful process of having MS tech remote control my PC just to end up giving me a fresh new product ID.

ajmich, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I DISABLE any and ALL permissions, passwords, user security - Similar Threads - DISABLE permissions passwords

2. How do I disable Windows Security?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable Windows Security?: That image is all the shows up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-windows-security/b7258e24-e9d0-49ff-8ab9-b18f5685aaee
  3. How do I disable Windows Security?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Windows Security?: That image is all the shows up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-windows-security/b7258e24-e9d0-49ff-8ab9-b18f5685aaee
  4. how do i remove all users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i remove all users: users are not aloud i did not add any https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-all-users/42f08867-3d58-4823-8d40-59cfe6c2bbbb
  5. how do i remove all users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i remove all users: users are not aloud i did not add any https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-all-users/42f08867-3d58-4823-8d40-59cfe6c2bbbb
  6. how do i remove all users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How do I disable signing in with a password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I disable signing in with a password?: Everytime my laptop goes to sleep, it asks for my microsoft account to sign in, how do I disable this password thingy? I checked the sign in options settings but i couldnt disable anything, please guide me with this...
  8. How to disable user password in UEFI?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable user password in UEFI?: I turned on user password and administrator password in UEFIvivobook x412ua, bios - 305 The administrator password is ok, but user password is very irritating. Every time I turn on my PC, it asks for password before loading the OS. I want to remove it but there is no option...
  9. How do I change users password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change users password?: My desktop machine had been working OK for several hours. I went to make a cup of tea, and when I came back it was rebooting. An hour later it was still rebooting so I switched it off and on again. That time it rebooted OK. I tried to log in as Admin and got the message "the...
  10. how do i disable the password expiration feature on the admin user

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i disable the password expiration feature on the admin user: how do i disable the password expiration feature on the admin user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-password-expiration-feature/a81f9157-e6b9-4af2-906a-f2558198a314