Windows 10: How do I disable Ext HD from the POST in BIOS

Discus and support How do I disable Ext HD from the POST in BIOS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi so my asus ranger vii m/b settings aren't stopping the external samsung M3 portable HD from interfering . So keep getting the error: bootmnger... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by smileye, Oct 24, 2015.

1. smileye Win User

How do I disable Ext HD from the POST in BIOS

hi
    so my asus ranger vii m/b settings aren't stopping
    the external samsung M3 portable HD from interfering .

So keep getting the error:
    bootmnger not found error
    CTRL-ALT-DELETE required

Needless to say samsung and asus aren't supporting

:)

smileye, Oct 24, 2015

2. used a ext hd as a storage space. want to convert it back to being a ext hd. how???

Used a ext hd as a storage space. Want to convert it back to being a ext hd. There does not seem to be a way to do this. Does anyone know how? In windows 10.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

frankcoulter1&, Oct 24, 2015
  3. External Hard Drive and Windows 10

You can corrupt an ext hd doing that. I already did that and had to use a recovery product to get my info on the ext hd. Now I can't get win 10 to recognize my new ext hd. The pc is a HP and I heard they have something inside that deliberitly doesn't
    recognize ext hds. Why, I wish I knew. There is a good video on utube that might help. I can't find my files, or I would have my ext hd opened by now. Try utube ones, let us know if you have success or if you don't. Trish

TrisheBear, Oct 24, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Oct 25, 2015
  5. smileye Win User
    Man
    I've messed about with those boot settings till I'm blue in the face
    You's think it would be easy as I have a M.2 drive with the win 10 on it
    so disable USB and even SATA, don'r help me at all.

It might help to know the diff between UEFI and legacy Prom though?

I disable almost everything and POST still wants to boot from the external HDD.

smileye, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I disable Ext HD from the POST in BIOS - Similar Threads - disable Ext POST

2. How do I uninstall windows from BIOS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall windows from BIOS?: I recently built my own pc and downloaded the windows install media onto it. But after putting my product key and hitting install, the installation always fails and I'm always stuck in the BIOS menu....
  3. How do I uninstall windows from BIOS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I uninstall windows from BIOS?: I recently built my own pc and downloaded the windows install media onto it. But after putting my product key and hitting install, the installation always fails and I'm always stuck in the BIOS menu....
  4. How do I find out & disable my BIOS password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I find out & disable my BIOS password?: I have a Windows 10 home Blad 15 Base Model Early 2021 RZ09-0369 laptop & I want to access my BIOS menu, but when I spam F1 on boot it brings up a screen asking for a password. I tried my computer pin & password, as well as my account password, but nothing worked. I didn't...
  5. Ext. HD Keeps Disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ext. HD Keeps Disappearing: I bought a WD Elements Portable model number WDBUZG0010BBK-WESN. It keeps disappearing and I have to unplug it and plug it back in. I tried these suggestions: Fix WD External Hard Drive Not Working/Recognized/Showing UP Error – EaseUS I also changed the drive letter. But it...
  6. Ext. USB HD no longer mounts

Ext. USB HD no longer mounts: It is a 2 TB Western Digital Elements USB hard drive. It used to be divided into two partitions which worked perfectly. I than wanted to re-combine the two partitions into one. I went into DiscManagement and deleted each partition. I expected to mount it again as a single 2...
  7. USB 3.0 ext hd's crazy slow

USB 3.0 ext hd's crazy slow: So Upgraded (clean full install, of Win 10 Pro x64. I have ext USB 3.0 drives, regular SATA III drives and pretty new. In win 8.1 they were lightning fast. Now in win 10 Pro they are so slow that sometimes the cursor just has a spinning fit. Thats just right clicking on it...
  8. USB 3.0 ext hd's crazy slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB 3.0 ext hd's crazy slow: So Upgraded (clean full install, of Win 10 Pro x64. I have ext USB 3.0 drives, regular SATA III drives and pretty new. In win 8.1 they were lightning fast. Now in win 10 Pro they are so slow that sometimes the cursor just has a spinning fit. Thats just right clicking on it...
  9. Ext USB HD's will not mount

Ext USB HD's will not mount: Have 2 Seagate SRD00F2 3TB USB ext hard drives in a mirror configuration using MS Storage Spaces. Were working when I shut down yesterday, but would not work this morning. Drives do not show up in Device Manager. However, when starting the drives after boot, two entries show...
  10. the CSM option in bios is disabled -how do i enable it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the CSM option in bios is disabled -how do i enable it?: like the title said, how do i enable CSM? iam poised to try booting from flash drive that contains the linux ISO thingy. i wish to try it, out of curiousity*Shock 87998