How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit

Discus and support How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] is there a way to stop links being opened in the red box in the above image as i want to disable this using either windows registry or gpedit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by moomoocow83, Jun 9, 2018.

1. moomoocow83 Win User

How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit [​IMG]

is there a way to stop links being opened in the red box in the above image as i want to disable this using either windows registry or gpedit

:)

moomoocow83, Jun 9, 2018
  2. Geethu B Win User

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Annu Singh Win User
    File Explorer Windows 10 - How do you stop it from opening at startup

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to open the task manager and disable the file explorer from there. Follow the below steps:

1. Open the Task Manager.

2. Go to startup tab.

3. See if Files Explorer is listed there. If yes, right click and
    disable
    it.

Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

1. How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit - Similar Threads - disable file explorer

2. black screen on right side of opening page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    black screen on right side of opening page: We need to fix your Microsoft account(most likely your password has changed). Select here to fix it in Shared experience settings.9.09a...
  3. Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer: When I open File Explorer and click on the Network icon in the left margin, I see multiple devices but I do not see all of my PCs. I have 3 PCs (all running Win 10 home version) and on one of the PCs the only PC that shows is the PC that I am running File Explorer. On another...
  4. how do I fix opencl.dll problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I fix opencl.dll problems: how do I fix opencl.dll problem, "OpenCL.dll not found" or "OpenCL.dll file can't read" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-fix-opencldll-problems/135f31c2-4935-419b-a2b3-49fb11215dbd
  5. Why can I only see a zoomed in part of any youtube video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can I only see a zoomed in part of any youtube video: When I try to watch a video on youtube or facebook I can only see a small part of it zoomed in. How to i fix this? Also what is threadlock and how do I unlock it?...
  6. In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...: In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the App Settings utility. Is there another way? I believe that I had inadvertently deleted a file from the Programs (x86) folder for that program. When I try to uninstall the program using the settings utility, I...
  7. I just purchased a Surface Go. It has a slot for a micro SD card and I have inserted one....

I just purchased a Surface Go. It has a slot for a micro SD card and I have inserted one....: I just purchased a Surface Go. It has a slot for a micro SD card and I have inserted one. But when I try to add the card to the History Backup Files, I get an error. Is there something in Windows that does not allow backing up of the SD card or folders on that card?...
  8. Unable to write dump file while BSOD occur-why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to write dump file while BSOD occur-why?: Hi folks. Occasionally I experience BSOD, and in a previous question from me (for various reasons did not get a response in the thread) my problem is the event will not be written as a dump file. My computer has 64 GB or internal RAM, which I have set the minimum page wrap...
  9. software communication error when i try to print from my wireless printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    software communication error when i try to print from my wireless printer: i think i connected my wireless bluetooth computer to my laptop but when i tried to print i get a software communication error and nothing prints...
  10. Updated: Black screen, little white box that tells me I have lost personal setting, AGAIN,...

Updated: Black screen, little white box that tells me I have lost personal setting, AGAIN,...: I shut down my laptop last night, get the dreaded black screen, and the little white box that tells me I have lost personal setting, AGAIN, really. Why is this still a problem, and like someone else posted... Why can we not opt out of updates...