Windows 10: How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit

Discus and support How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] is there a way to stop links being opened in the red box in the above image as i want to disable this using either windows registry or gpedit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by moomoocow83, Jun 9, 2018.

1. How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit

How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit [​IMG]

is there a way to stop links being opened in the red box in the above image as i want to disable this using either windows registry or gpedit

:)

moomoocow83, Jun 9, 2018
  2. Geethu B Win User

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 11, 2018
  3. File Explorer Windows 10 - How do you stop it from opening at startup

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to open the task manager and disable the file explorer from there. Follow the below steps:

1. Open the Task Manager.

2. Go to startup tab.

3. See if Files Explorer is listed there. If yes, right click and
    disable
    it.

Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit

1. How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit - Similar Threads - disable file explorer

2. How do I disable One Drive notification in File explorer route bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable One Drive notification in File explorer route bar?: How can I disable te Onedrive back up notification in the file explorer in Windows 11. I've already disabled notifications and the backup of my files. I don't want to backup the files I had in my computer since I don't need it, but the message is quite annoying since it uses...
  3. How do I disable One Drive notification in File explorer route bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable One Drive notification in File explorer route bar?: How can I disable te Onedrive back up notification in the file explorer in Windows 11. I've already disabled notifications and the backup of my files. I don't want to backup the files I had in my computer since I don't need it, but the message is quite annoying since it uses...
  4. How do I move files using the address bar in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move files using the address bar in file explorer?: I was trying to organize my photos in file explorer, but for some reason, I can no longer move photos to previous folders using the address bar. What can I do to fix this?...
  5. How do I move files using the address bar in file explorer?

How do I move files using the address bar in file explorer?: I was trying to organize my photos in file explorer, but for some reason, I can no longer move photos to previous folders using the address bar. What can I do to fix this?...
  6. Disable status bar in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable status bar in file explorer: Hi,I recently did a clean install of my windows operating system in my Asus Rog Zephyrus 14. By mistake, I turned on synchronization with One Drive so I get this status information in all my personal folders that I would like to get rid of.I already tried uninstalling...
  7. Disable status bar in file explorer

Disable status bar in file explorer: Hi,I recently did a clean install of my windows operating system in my Asus Rog Zephyrus 14. By mistake, I turned on synchronization with One Drive so I get this status information in all my personal folders that I would like to get rid of.I already tried uninstalling...
  8. How to disable the File Explorer Command Bar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable the File Explorer Command Bar in Windows 11: [ATTACH]With the new version of the Windows operating system came a flurry of UI and design updates. One of the more significant design changes, at least for me, was in the File Explorer. From the looks of it, Microsoft has scraped off the conventional ribbon that would...
  9. How do I disable Open File - security warnings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable Open File - security warnings?: I want to disable security warnings when I open new files I download. I already know if I go to internet options in the control panel and change the security settings for different "zones", I can do that, but for some reason setting a custom level for these zones is greyed...
  10. I disabled Cortana with gpedit, but now I can't type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    I disabled Cortana with gpedit, but now I can't type in the search bar: I am using the latest version of Windows 10 PRO - I disabled Cortana in Group Policy Editor, which according to Microsoft, only disables Cortana, not the entire search feature. Unfortunately, on this laptop, if Cortana is disabled, then I can no longer type in the search bar....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable auto suggest file explorer windows gpedit 10 2019