Windows 10: How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit

Discus and support How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] is there a way to stop links being opened in the red box in the above image as i want to disable this using either windows registry or gpedit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by moomoocow83, Jun 9, 2018.

1. moomoocow83 Win User

How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit

How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit [​IMG]

is there a way to stop links being opened in the red box in the above image as i want to disable this using either windows registry or gpedit

:)

moomoocow83, Jun 9, 2018
  2. Geethu B Win User

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Annu Singh Win User
    File Explorer Windows 10 - How do you stop it from opening at startup

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to open the task manager and disable the file explorer from there. Follow the below steps:

1. Open the Task Manager.

2. Go to startup tab.

3. See if Files Explorer is listed there. If yes, right click and
    disable
    it.

Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit

1. How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit - Similar Threads - disable file explorer

2. A website will only open in IE, I want to open it in Edge. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    A website will only open in IE, I want to open it in Edge. How do I fix this?: I have a website that I use everyday. If I try to open it in Edge, it opens in IE by default. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/a-website-will-only-open-in-ie-i-want-to-open-it/30aaa501-6ab9-454e-b5ea-ed0f04924fa9
  3. How do I open a VHDX file?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How do I open a VHDX file?: Using Windows 10-64 and Windows backup and restore. I want to view a file that must be contained in a recent backup. I see the apparent backup files as vhdx. I right click to mount the virtual HD and get an error message as shown in the screenshot. How do I extract a...
  4. Windows Explorer opens MSN website

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Explorer opens MSN website: I think after one of the accumulative updates Windows Explorer started to open MSN in my default browser. This is very annoying. I've tested my theory by restarting Windows Explorer from the task manager. Of course restarting the computer. Disable Automatic startup of...
  5. Disable "How do you want to open this file"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable "How do you want to open this file"?: On every computer I've installed Windows 10 on (a dozen+) despite me setting all my default file types and applications, the first time a specific file type in opened, it still asks if I want to use this program. I've attached a picture of the first time I'm trying to open a...
  6. How do I disable vertical scrollbar popup in Windows/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable vertical scrollbar popup in Windows/File Explorer: Either I never noticed it before or I somehow triggered it but it's been showing up for a couple days everytime I manually scroll in Windows Explorer, never shows when I'm using my mouse's scroll wheel and doesn't show in the 'Lists' option in the View bar. When the popup...
  7. How do I view *.wmf files in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I view *.wmf files in File Explorer?: I have a folder dedicated to clipart and the majority of the files are *.wmf. When using File Explorer, none of them show a thumbnail, just an icon of what looks like a pencil cup full of pencils/pens. I can open them to see what they are, but trying to find something that...
  8. I disabled Cortana with gpedit, but now I can't type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    I disabled Cortana with gpedit, but now I can't type in the search bar: I am using the latest version of Windows 10 PRO - I disabled Cortana in Group Policy Editor, which according to Microsoft, only disables Cortana, not the entire search feature. Unfortunately, on this laptop, if Cortana is disabled, then I can no longer type in the search bar....
  9. How do disable search history in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do disable search history in file explorer?: Hello, I was wondering how do I completely disable the search history in the search box in file explorer? I found this guide, but this is for erasing only. Clear File Explorer History in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials I want to completely disable the search...
  10. How do I open this file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I open this file?: [img] I'm not computer savvy and I'm trying to download a mod for Sims 3. I finally extracted the zipped file and what appears next to it is an internet explorer icon. I double clicked on it and it opened up my download manager window like in the picture. Except when I...