How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit

Discus and support How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; [img] is there a way to stop links being opened in the red box in the above image as i want to disable this using either windows registry or gpedit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by moomoocow83, Jun 9, 2018.

1. moomoocow83 Win User

[​IMG]

is there a way to stop links being opened in the red box in the above image as i want to disable this using either windows registry or gpedit

:)

moomoocow83, Jun 9, 2018
  2. Geethu B Win User

unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to drag and drop files into website on Internet Explorer 11.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect Internet Explorer settings.

• Some browser add-ons.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable add-ons and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer settings and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons
    in the future, they must be reinstalled.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Annu Singh Win User
    File Explorer Windows 10 - How do you stop it from opening at startup

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to open the task manager and disable the file explorer from there. Follow the below steps:

1. Open the Task Manager.

2. Go to startup tab.

3. See if Files Explorer is listed there. If yes, right click and
    disable
    it.

Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit

How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit - Similar Threads - disable file explorer

1. Can File Explorer be Disabled?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can File Explorer be Disabled?: We use q-dir for everything, but there are some things that insist on opening File Explorer instead. An example is that my wife has a few shortcuts on her desktop to folders. If the shortcut is to a file like Excel, it will open Excel as expected. However, if the shortcut is...
  2. Locking Down PC for Disabled User-Hiding the File Explore in Start Men

in Windows 10 Support
    Locking Down PC for Disabled User-Hiding the File Explore in Start Men: Hi, New to the list as I have fought moving to Windows 10, but now I am underway........ I have an adult disabled son (Traumatic Brain Injury). He is mostly fine using a PC but gets inquisitive & investigates everything he can find in the OS. This causes me LOTS of work...
  3. Disable windows showing .rar files in explorer as a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable windows showing .rar files in explorer as a folder: TNX all for yr help. I solved the problem *Biggrin. There is no File association for Winrar If you look closely at the ".rar" files in my image above, they are not .rar files but .zip files associated with Winrar. That's why their icon is Winrar's. It was enough to...
  4. How do I disable vertical scrollbar popup in Windows/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable vertical scrollbar popup in Windows/File Explorer: Either I never noticed it before or I somehow triggered it but it's been showing up for a couple days everytime I manually scroll in Windows Explorer, never shows when I'm using my mouse's scroll wheel and doesn't show in the 'Lists' option in the View bar. When the popup...
  5. Any way to disable / Hide Quick Access in File explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to disable / Hide Quick Access in File explorer: Hi folks I find the quick access displays in File explorer mega annoying -- any way to hide it or better disable it altogether. Cheers jimbo 108605
  6. Disable file explorer saving recent folder locations

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable file explorer saving recent folder locations: Hi guys, In File Explorer, how do you disable it from automatically saving recent locations in the dropdown? (NOT the search bar) For instance, I am typing %SCRIPTS% into the folder URL bar and its taking me to the folder location, but it saves the directory as a...
  7. How do disable search history in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do disable search history in file explorer?: Hello, I was wondering how do I completely disable the search history in the search box in file explorer? I found this guide, but this is for erasing only. Clear File Explorer History in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials I want to completely disable the search...
How do i disable file explorer bar opening websites in Gpedit solved