How do I disable hardware acceleration on the latest version of Window

Discus and support How do I disable hardware acceleration on the latest version of Window in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I've googled this and all the answers I saw related to an earlier version of Windows 10. I'm using Snagit 13 and, when I try to capture a portion of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

I've googled this and all the answers I saw related to an earlier version of Windows 10. I'm using Snagit 13 and, when I try to capture a portion of my screen, the entire screen goes black. Disabling hardware acceleration is supposed to correct this problem. Thank you.

:)

Nisko, Jun 6, 2018
  2. Arvind Ram Win User

Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

In order to disable 3D hardware acceleration, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right click on the desktop and select Graphics properties.
    • Select Basic Mode and hit OK.
    • Go to the 3D option.
    • You can disable 3D graphics acceleration from this screen.
    Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arvind Ram, Jun 8, 2018
  3. mjames-upc Win User
    Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

There is no "Graphics" options on the Windows 10 desktop right click menu. Please update your reply with correct instructions.

mjames-upc, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

How do I disable hardware acceleration on the latest version of Window - Similar Threads - disable hardware acceleration

1. disable desktop notification, program intended to disable not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    disable desktop notification, program intended to disable not showing: Hello, i want to disable desktop notification for specific program, but program isn't showing under: "Get notifications from these senders". Thanks for help. Edit: never mind i found out how disable notification in that program, but for in future, i may have program in which...
  2. Windows 10 Sets - disable completely?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Sets - disable completely?: Hi all - my PC has not yet received this update, but I have a friend who has and dislikes it a lot. I am pretty sure I am really going to dislike it as well (call me old-school). I know from the tutorial here that there is a way to disable it BY APP, but if I don't want to...
  3. How to disable check box on files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable check box on files: I'm having an issue with this annoying box that appears at either the top left of a desktop icon or on the left of any file I'm viewing in the File Explorer. Does anyone know how to turn this feature off? [img] [img] 112640
  4. How to disable Windows defender

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to disable Windows defender: Welcome to another guide! In this one, I’ll show you how to disable Windows Defender. But here are a few things you might need to know before you continue reading this guide… If you already know about Windows Defender, just click here to jump to the different methods that we...
  5. Disable hardware acceleration on the latest version of Window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable hardware acceleration on the latest version of Window: I've googled this and all the answers I saw related to an earlier version of Windows 10. I'm using Snagit 13 and, when I try to capture a portion of my screen, the entire screen goes black. Disabling hardware acceleration is supposed to correct this problem. Thank you. 111667
  6. disable safely remove hardware icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disable safely remove hardware icon: is there a way to permanently disable that annoying icon? most of the posts i have read only says how to hide it... 61771
  7. How to disable hardware acceleration?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable hardware acceleration?: I seem to get these green pixels whenever I watch youtube videos (using firefox). Did some searches and a lot of people says to disable hardware acceleration, not sure if this is the case but figured I try it. Most tutorial on how to do this is either windows 7 or 8 and I...