Windows 10: How do I disable hardware acceleration on the latest version of Window

Discus and support How do I disable hardware acceleration on the latest version of Window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've googled this and all the answers I saw related to an earlier version of Windows 10. I'm using Snagit 13 and, when I try to capture a portion of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

How do I disable hardware acceleration on the latest version of Window

I've googled this and all the answers I saw related to an earlier version of Windows 10. I'm using Snagit 13 and, when I try to capture a portion of my screen, the entire screen goes black. Disabling hardware acceleration is supposed to correct this problem. Thank you.

:)

Nisko, Jun 5, 2018
  2. Arvind Ram Win User

Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

In order to disable 3D hardware acceleration, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right click on the desktop and select Graphics properties.
    • Select Basic Mode and hit OK.
    • Go to the 3D option.
    • You can disable 3D graphics acceleration from this screen.
    Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries on this.

Arvind Ram, Jun 8, 2018
  3. mjames-upc Win User
    Windows 10 How can I turn off 3D Hardware Acceleration?

There is no "Graphics" options on the Windows 10 desktop right click menu. Please update your reply with correct instructions.

mjames-upc, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

How do I disable hardware acceleration on the latest version of Window

1. How do I disable hardware acceleration on the latest version of Window - Similar Threads - disable hardware acceleration

2. Can't find hardware accelerator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't find hardware accelerator: Product: HP Pavilion Notebook N5Y58UA#ABL Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit) Need to turn on hardware accelerator for programming purposes. Need to run some simulators. Tried looking under display - advanced options but can't find it. [ATTACH]...
  3. Chrome Hardware Acceleration

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Hardware Acceleration: Hi. I have hardware acceleration enabled in chrome. My question is would it be beneficial to go to nvidia control panel and set the dedicated gpu as primary for Chrome? The way it is now it is at 0% activity and Intel does the work but if I enable it then both the Intel and...
  4. I don't know how to enable hardware acceleration.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't know how to enable hardware acceleration.: I have tried everything in my book of gimmicks, but nothing seems to work. I searched all over the internet and nothing. Please help!!...
  5. How do I Disable Taps on the Touchpad in Windows 10 Version 1709?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I Disable Taps on the Touchpad in Windows 10 Version 1709?: I can't find an option to disable Taps on the touchpad in Windows 10 Version 1709? I had no problems doing this with Version 1607. Can someone help me with this?...
  6. Disable hardware acceleration on the latest version of Window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable hardware acceleration on the latest version of Window: I've googled this and all the answers I saw related to an earlier version of Windows 10. I'm using Snagit 13 and, when I try to capture a portion of my screen, the entire screen goes black. Disabling hardware acceleration is supposed to correct this problem. Thank you. 111667
  7. How do I enable Hardware Acceleration?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How do I enable Hardware Acceleration?: While trying to install OS2 Warp 4 to a Virtual Machine under Virtualbox, I'm informed that it won't run because Hardware Acceleration is not enabled. Can someone PLEASE tell me, step by step, how to do this? Show some mercy on me and don't refer me to MS articles I need...
  8. Hardware Acceleration and Background Apps.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hardware Acceleration and Background Apps.: I was going through some of the settings on my new laptop and I was clicking through Google Chrome. Under settings, Advanced Settings, System......... It has two boxes. Continue running background apps and Use hardware acceleration. What is the benefit...
  9. Do I have latest version and build?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I have latest version and build?: I have Windows 10 Home, Version 1709, and OS Build 16299.125. First thing is this the latest to date? Also, do you know where I can check this in the future. I googled it and found a couple of places but unfortunately they confused me. Somewhat new to Windows 10 update...
  10. How to disable hardware acceleration?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable hardware acceleration?: I seem to get these green pixels whenever I watch youtube videos (using firefox). Did some searches and a lot of people says to disable hardware acceleration, not sure if this is the case but figured I try it. Most tutorial on how to do this is either windows 7 or 8 and I...