Windows 10: How do I disable IR on windows 10 laptop?

Discus and support How do I disable IR on windows 10 laptop? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey I have an issue with playing games on Windows 10. Many video games bind the console key to "tilde" or "~" key but my laptop has something called an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Snarkypuss, Feb 9, 2016.

1. How do I disable IR on windows 10 laptop?

Hey I have an issue with playing games on Windows 10. Many video games bind the console key to "tilde" or "~" key but my laptop has something called an IR device (or something like that) that is preventing me from using the tilde key when gaming. My Alienware R1 works fine but my new R3 is giving me trouble with this.

I cannot find anything called an IR device in the device manager like many posts talk about, much less find where to disable it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

:)

Snarkypuss, Feb 9, 2016

2. Can Windows Hello face authentication support 2 IR Cameras

We have a laptop that has an IR Camera with Windows Hello face authentication setup and working, but when the user docks their laptop usually has the lid closed so can't use the built in laptop IR camera. We setup and external IR camera to try and resolve
    this, but it doesn't work the laptop appears to be able to only use 1 IR camera for Windows Hello. If we disable the laptop IR camera the external camera works, but then the laptop IR camera doesn't work when they're mobile. Is there anyway that Windows Hello
    can you both cameras or somehow disable the laptop IR camera when docked?

Randy-Gleason, Feb 9, 2016
  3. Ronbon Win User
    Screen Savour

How do you switch off screen savour I had no problems switching it off on all previous versions of windows but windows 10 keeps switching ir back on again with out asking

Ronbon, Feb 9, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

How do I disable IR on windows 10 laptop?

I would expect that your laptop will have a setting in the BIOS to turn off the IR link. Go through the configuration settings and see if you can find one that disables the IR.

philc43, Feb 9, 2016
Thema:

How do I disable IR on windows 10 laptop?

1. How do I disable IR on windows 10 laptop? - Similar Threads - disable laptop

2. two-finger click is disabled by me but the bluetooth Touchpad ignor it, the laptop touchpad...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two-finger click is disabled by me but the bluetooth Touchpad ignor it, the laptop touchpad...: the problem is that if i scroll 2 finger scroll from time to time the right click window apears 2 finger click.this happens only on the bluetooth keyboard with touchpad mros130.the touchpad on the laptop works fine. because i disabled the 2 finger click.a reinstall of...
  3. two-finger click is disabled by me but the bluetooth Touchpad ignor it, the laptop touchpad...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two-finger click is disabled by me but the bluetooth Touchpad ignor it, the laptop touchpad...: the problem is that if i scroll 2 finger scroll from time to time the right click window apears 2 finger click.this happens only on the bluetooth keyboard with touchpad mros130.the touchpad on the laptop works fine. because i disabled the 2 finger click.a reinstall of...
  4. lenovo laptop, w11 home with bitlocker apparently, how to disable the need to enter the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lenovo laptop, w11 home with bitlocker apparently, how to disable the need to enter the...: i have a lenovo loq-15aph8. i ran system updates, and when i went to restart i was forced to use bitlocker key to unlock. i have never had to do this before,and never want to do so again but i don't want to turn encryption off. please advise...
  5. lenovo laptop, w11 home with bitlocker apparently, how to disable the need to enter the...

lenovo laptop, w11 home with bitlocker apparently, how to disable the need to enter the...: i have a lenovo loq-15aph8. i ran system updates, and when i went to restart i was forced to use bitlocker key to unlock. i have never had to do this before,and never want to do so again but i don't want to turn encryption off. please advise...
  6. Can you please disable my Microsoft account password on my laptop for me? I cannot change...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you please disable my Microsoft account password on my laptop for me? I cannot change...: My laptop has stopped working and I am trying to use some of the Troubleshoot > Advanced Options menu options to fix the problem.However, my laptop keeps rejecting my MS 365 account password, so I cannot access any of the options on the Advanced Options menu Uninstall...
  7. Can you please disable my Microsoft account password on my laptop for me? I cannot change...

Can you please disable my Microsoft account password on my laptop for me? I cannot change...: My laptop has stopped working and I am trying to use some of the Troubleshoot > Advanced Options menu options to fix the problem.However, my laptop keeps rejecting my MS 365 account password, so I cannot access any of the options on the Advanced Options menu Uninstall...
  8. Windows 11, I am the only user of this laptop, I want to disable the challenge phrase for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, I am the only user of this laptop, I want to disable the challenge phrase for...: I want the challenge phrase gone for good. I am the admin, I use the admin account, I know my pin, I am the only user on this laptop, it is windows 11. Every time I turn this laptop on, the stupid challenge phrase comes on without even entering my pin. This is outrageous and...
  9. Windows 11, I am the only user of this laptop, I want to disable the challenge phrase for...

Windows 11, I am the only user of this laptop, I want to disable the challenge phrase for...: I want the challenge phrase gone for good. I am the admin, I use the admin account, I know my pin, I am the only user on this laptop, it is windows 11. Every time I turn this laptop on, the stupid challenge phrase comes on without even entering my pin. This is outrageous and...
  10. Will it brick my laptop if I disable integrated graphics in device manager?

Will it brick my laptop if I disable integrated graphics in device manager?: My laptop has a Nvidia gpu and I want to test the difference in battery usage between using the intel GPU and nvidia. I cannot be bothered to change every app on my laptop to run on my dedicated card and the intel will still be used in the background. Is this possible??...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable infrared on windows 10 laptop

2. disable ir windows 10