Windows 10: How do I disable keyboard language switching shortcut (CTRL + LSHIFT)

Discus and support How do I disable keyboard language switching shortcut (CTRL + LSHIFT) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It's kind of annoying because I don't use special characters like Áá, Éé ever in my life, and especially after my gaming session. While in games I tend... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OJDylan, Mar 2, 2018.

1. OJDylan Win User

How do I disable keyboard language switching shortcut (CTRL + LSHIFT)

It's kind of annoying because I don't use special characters like Áá, Éé ever in my life, and especially after my gaming session. While in games I tend to use CTRL and LSHIFT quite a lot and often times the 2 buttons are being held down simultaneously. The keyboard language would then switch between the US and US INTL (International) keyboard.

:)

OJDylan, Mar 2, 2018

2. Some builtin shortcuts not working with "Left Shift" key

Some shortcuts with "shift" key do not work at all with the "left shift" but
    work only with "right shift"

I checked other shortcuts that whether the shift is Lshift or Rshift does not matter.

These are the shortcuts I've found so far... :

Ctrl-Shift-Enter (run as administrator)

Ctrl-Shift-P (Launch InPrivate window in Edge Browser)

Jinwook Jeong, Mar 2, 2018
  3. Ctrl+shift+0 in windows 10

I play a video game in which Ctrl+Shift+0 is mapped to a specific action.

In prior versions of Windows, I was able to receive Ctrl+Shift+0 keypresses in-game by getting rid of the Windows keyboard shortcut for switching input languages.

In Windows 10, that is no longer sufficient. My game can't receive Ctrl+Shift+0 keypresses at all, even with the keyboard shortcut for input-language switching set to None.

Is there a way to get Ctrl+Shift+0 to work again in Windows 10?

Roger M.Wilcox, Mar 2, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Mar 2, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I disable keyboard language switching shortcut (CTRL + LSHIFT) - Similar Threads - disable keyboard language

2. I would like to to disable the keyboard language shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to to disable the keyboard language shortcut: Hello, for me is a big trouble because it happens like every 10-20 min that i need to press the combination keys of WindowsKey+SPACE or ALT+SHIFT , the second is my principal problem, so I've searched about how to disable the function of change lenguage of the keyboard to...
  3. I would like to to disable the keyboard language shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I would like to to disable the keyboard language shortcut: Hello, for me is a big trouble because it happens like every 10-20 min that i need to press the combination keys of WindowsKey+SPACE or ALT+SHIFT , the second is my principal problem, so I've searched about how to disable the function of change lenguage of the keyboard to...
  4. Shortcut to switch keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut to switch keyboard language?: I have always used either Alt + Shift or Windows Key + Space Bar to change the language option on my laptop from English to Korean but recently I can't change the actual keybaord language until I manually click on the A in the language bar. I swear there used to be a keyboard...
  5. Shortcut to switch keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut to switch keyboard language?: I have always used either Alt + Shift or Windows Key + Space Bar to change the language option on my laptop from English to Korean but recently I can't change the actual keybaord language until I manually click on the A in the language bar. I swear there used to be a keyboard...
  6. Is there a way to disable the shortcut to switch the keyboard language?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable the shortcut to switch the keyboard language?: Thanks so much. submitted by /u/MrbadboySNIPEOG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mn6yj6/is_there_a_way_to_disable_the_shortcut_to_switch/
  7. How can I disable the WIN-Space shortcut for switching languages?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable the WIN-Space shortcut for switching languages?: I frequently hit the WIN-Space key combo by mistake. How can I disable this key combo which switches from the ENG DVORAK to the ENG US keyboard setup? Thanks, Russ P....
  8. Hi there. I wonder, how do I disable the "ctrl + shift/alt+shift" shortcut to switch...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hi there. I wonder, how do I disable the "ctrl + shift/alt+shift" shortcut to switch...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LASLOW01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9dsn9/hi_there_i_wonder_how_do_i_disable_the_ctrl/
  9. How to disable blinking keyboard layout panel when switching language by Alt+Ctrl?

How to disable blinking keyboard layout panel when switching language by Alt+Ctrl?: When I press Alt+Ctrl I see a panel at primary display (at right middle). See picture. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-blinking-keyboard-layout-panel-when/a0453b30-c822-409f-ba7f-45265a5bd94f
  10. Keyboard shortcuts for language switch not happening

Keyboard shortcuts for language switch not happening: This is probably a simple question. But i'm not familiar with Windows. And i did try searching on google. But I couldnt find an answer. So here it goes. I want to use the keyboard shortcuts to switch between languages. I am using Windows 10. Therefore , using the...