Windows 10: How do I disable keyboard language switching shortcut (CTRL + LSHIFT)

Discus and support How do I disable keyboard language switching shortcut (CTRL + LSHIFT) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It's kind of annoying because I don't use special characters like Áá, Éé ever in my life, and especially after my gaming session. While in games I tend... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OJDylan, Mar 2, 2018.

1. OJDylan Win User

How do I disable keyboard language switching shortcut (CTRL + LSHIFT)

It's kind of annoying because I don't use special characters like Áá, Éé ever in my life, and especially after my gaming session. While in games I tend to use CTRL and LSHIFT quite a lot and often times the 2 buttons are being held down simultaneously. The keyboard language would then switch between the US and US INTL (International) keyboard.

:)

OJDylan, Mar 2, 2018

2. Some builtin shortcuts not working with "Left Shift" key

Some shortcuts with "shift" key do not work at all with the "left shift" but
    work only with "right shift"

I checked other shortcuts that whether the shift is Lshift or Rshift does not matter.

These are the shortcuts I've found so far... :

Ctrl-Shift-Enter (run as administrator)

Ctrl-Shift-P (Launch InPrivate window in Edge Browser)

Jinwook Jeong, Mar 2, 2018
  3. Ctrl+shift+0 in windows 10

I play a video game in which Ctrl+Shift+0 is mapped to a specific action.

In prior versions of Windows, I was able to receive Ctrl+Shift+0 keypresses in-game by getting rid of the Windows keyboard shortcut for switching input languages.

In Windows 10, that is no longer sufficient. My game can't receive Ctrl+Shift+0 keypresses at all, even with the keyboard shortcut for input-language switching set to None.

Is there a way to get Ctrl+Shift+0 to work again in Windows 10?

Roger M.Wilcox, Mar 2, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Mar 2, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I disable keyboard language switching shortcut (CTRL + LSHIFT) - Similar Threads - disable keyboard language

2. How do I remove a language from the keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove a language from the keyboard?: After the latest update Windows restored English UK to the list of languages available to my keyboard and I can't figure out how to remove it. Based on instructions here I tried to list the installed languages from Powershell with Get-WinUserLanguageList, but I got only:...
  3. How to disable blinking keyboard layout panel when switching language by Alt+Ctrl?

How to disable blinking keyboard layout panel when switching language by Alt+Ctrl?: When I press Alt+Ctrl I see a panel at primary display (at right middle). See picture. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-blinking-keyboard-layout-panel-when/a0453b30-c822-409f-ba7f-45265a5bd94f
  4. How do I change language switch hotkey?

How do I change language switch hotkey?: After one of the recent updates I noticed I can't do it. I'm on Windows 10 1803 and there's no "language bar" or "change input method" or even "Keyboard (under Clock and Region). I can't see any option to change the switch from Alt-**** to anything else....
  5. Disable Shift+Ctrl+S windows 10 Home keyboard shortcut

Disable Shift+Ctrl+S windows 10 Home keyboard shortcut: How do I disable Shift+Ctrl+S hotkey in Windows 10 home version? When pressed a red right angle appears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-shiftctrls-windows-10-home-keyboard/7c74145f-d106-40c6-8172-c03a58d6fc6e
  6. CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CTRL Keyboard Shortcuts not working: I have recently discovered that whenever I try to use keyboard shortcuts (i.e. ctrl + C, ctrl + Z, etc.) with my LEFT control key, nothing happens. Instead, it will just type the letter I tried to use in the shortcut. So if I try to copy, it will enter a C. This is only...
  7. How to disable Windows+P keyboard shortcut?

How to disable Windows+P keyboard shortcut?: I need to disable Windows+P keyboard shortcut because it provides with project options but this PC is in the classroom setting. Any help? I run Windows 10, 1803....
  8. Switching keyboards/languages

Switching keyboards/languages: I have only one language and two layouts of keyboard defined in Windows 10. But in panel when switching there are 4 possibilities! WHY? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-keyboardslanguages/ab4a9a40-1fc3-4580-b082-29ffc83b3b44
  9. Keyboard shortcuts for language switch not happening

Keyboard shortcuts for language switch not happening: This is probably a simple question. But i'm not familiar with Windows. And i did try searching on google. But I couldnt find an answer. So here it goes. I want to use the keyboard shortcuts to switch between languages. I am using Windows 10. Therefore , using the...
  10. Keyboard switching languages

Keyboard switching languages: Sometimes, when I type in English my keyboard turns in the German mode but the indicator shows that it is English. It is really a problem, because keyboard layout is different. I have Surface pro 4 with Windows 10....