Windows 10: How do I disable my integrated camera via regedit?

Discus and support How do I disable my integrated camera via regedit? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm attempting to just disable a few features for laptops in my company. I managed to disable the microphone but I can't find the right reg setting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnVerber, Aug 6, 2018.

1. How do I disable my integrated camera via regedit?

I'm attempting to just disable a few features for laptops in my company. I managed to disable the microphone but I can't find the right reg setting to shut off the camera. I have Windows 10 build 1079. This is for enterprise type stuff so I can't change to a different build or anything like that.

I have it currently to HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\USB\VID_0BDA&PID_573C&MI_00\ there's no setting to change the camera value. I assume I could do something like deny access to the camera which is what I would do in the settings but I need to do this via registry.

Can anyone help out?

:)

JohnVerber, Aug 6, 2018

2. Problem with Lenovo integrated camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this. This issue may arise due to driver corruption issue. Kindly follow the below given steps to
    troubleshoot the issue:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

You may also update the Camera driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.
    • Expand “Other devices”.
    • Right click on the “Integrated webcam” drivers and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the Integrated webcam drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 6, 2018
  3. integrated laptop camera not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that laptop camera is not working.

This could be due to hardware conflicts.

Do you get any error code or error messages?

I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to runthe Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickonHardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2:

I suggest you to install/update the drivers for integrated webcam from the device manager. Kindly refer the below given link to do so:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Method 3:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode
    and check if that helps.

• Download the Integrated webcam drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Aug 6, 2018
  4. How do I disable my integrated camera via regedit?

Missing integrated camera

I tried Angela's suggestion, but it didn't resolve the issue. In integrated Camera Properties, I've received two new alerts in addition to the original 'it requires further installation' and 'it isn't connected'. Now, I'm told that another application appears
    to be using the camera and that the device has migrated.

Again, this is a Dell Inspiron 24-5459 running 64-bit system 10. Properties tells me that the driver is up to date.

Jack

jackjaworski, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

How do I disable my integrated camera via regedit?

1. How do I disable my integrated camera via regedit? - Similar Threads - disable integrated camera

2. How do I enable my integrated camera again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enable my integrated camera again?: I have an ASUS Vivobook and I accidentally disabled integrated camera, but I cannot enable it again. It stopped working and I was trying to troubleshoot, but now I have no camera! Help!...
  3. How do I enable my integrated camera again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I enable my integrated camera again?: I have an ASUS Vivobook and I accidentally disabled integrated camera, but I cannot enable it again. It stopped working and I was trying to troubleshoot, but now I have no camera! Help!...
  4. I recently disabled microsoft store via regedit and I restarted my computer and can i think...

I recently disabled microsoft store via regedit and I restarted my computer and can i think...: I am unable to sign in since I need to download an app on microsoft store can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-disabled-microsoft-store-via-regedit/a3be898d-5c07-4859-8557-7d486e9285e8
  5. How do I expand the system tray via regedit in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I expand the system tray via regedit in Windows 11?: I have tried online suggestions - specifically this key entry below:HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ExplorerDWORD 32 bit value: EnableAutoTray = 0While the above registry edit works in Windows 10 - it does not work in Windows 11. I don't want to use "HKCU" as...
  6. How do I expand the system tray via regedit in Windows 11?

How do I expand the system tray via regedit in Windows 11?: I have tried online suggestions - specifically this key entry below:HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ExplorerDWORD 32 bit value: EnableAutoTray = 0While the above registry edit works in Windows 10 - it does not work in Windows 11. I don't want to use "HKCU" as...
  7. disable force feedback support via regedit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disable force feedback support via regedit: Hi, I need to disable the force feedback to a virual controller device "vjoy". I have already renamed this Keys: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_1234&PID_BEAD\OEMForceFeedback...
  8. How do I disable Parental Control via PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Parental Control via PC?: hey, so I've had this issue for as long as I had my xbox account on W10. Basically, it says I have parental control activated, which disables a lot of options for Forza Horizon 3 and 4, I looked everywhere on how to disable it via PC since I don't own an xbox one and i'm not...
  9. Disable Integrated Camera or Webcam in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Integrated Camera or Webcam in Windows: How to: Disable Integrated Camera or Webcam in Windows How to Disable Integrated Camera or Webcam in Windows In Windows 10, having a camera as part of your device or system lets you make Skype video calls, take pictures, etc. Many apps and services request and use the...
  10. How to disable updates via regedit for Win10 Home? Win forced updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to disable updates via regedit for Win10 Home? Win forced updates: Two days ago I had a graphics driver update forced on me, along with that windows installed some security updates (which is fine) and installed an application called the "Update Assistant". The update assistant eventually forced me to upgrade to version 1709 when I've been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xa00f4289<ActiveCameraUnplugged> registry edit

2. disable camera laptop via registry

3. disable webcam regedit

4. lenovo integrated camera regedit,
  5. disable webcam registry editor regedit,
  6. enabling registry disable integrated camera,
  7. registry setting for integrated webcam disable,
  8. disable camera in device manager registry key,
  9. regedit disable camera,
  10. disable integrated webcam from regedit,
  11. w10 disable camera regedit,