Windows 10: How do I disable SmartScreen?

Discus and support How do I disable SmartScreen? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I disable SmartScreen? Everything I read about this says, Go to the Control Panel. Select "Security and Maintenance" Select "Change... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by doncole, Aug 25, 2016.

1. doncole Win User

How do I disable SmartScreen?

Everything I read about this says,

Go to the Control Panel.
    Select "Security and Maintenance"
    Select "Change Windows SmartScreen settings"

Problem is I don't have a "Change Windows SmartScreen settings" in my "Security and Maintenance" window.

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Aug 25, 2016

2. How do I disable add ons and how do I know which can be disabled?

Get to Manage add-ons from the gear icon in the upper right. Once there, be sure to select [Show: All add-ons]

To determine whether or not an add-on should be disabled research it with your favorite search provider. Since a disabled add-on can be easily re-enabled, there's no significant risk involved in disabling one to see what the result is.

Don

Don Varnau, Aug 25, 2016
  3. How do I disable add ons and how do I know which can be disabled?

How do I disable add ons and how do I know which ones can be disabled?

* Original title: Add ons

KELLYECKELBERG1, Aug 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, go to Settings, and in the search box type 'smart'.

Or just type
    smart

in Cortana's search box (probably) on the taskbar.
    That should find it.

Else please post a screenshot of what you see. Thanks.

(To confirm, running as admin, build 1607, '10 pro, I do have that setting in my control panel)

dalchina, Aug 25, 2016
  5. Private Win User
    Private, Aug 25, 2016
  6. doncole Win User
    Thank you dalchina,
    While preparing my screenshot. I noticed that it had "Change Windows SmartScreen settings"
    It was worded differently and locate in a different location than the tutorial.

Don Cole

doncole, Aug 26, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you Don. The tutorial has now been updated. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I disable SmartScreen? - Similar Threads - disable SmartScreen

2. Crashes of Settings App along with disabling of right navigation pane and icon of turning...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Crashes of Settings App along with disabling of right navigation pane and icon of turning...: i have been using since one year.few days back,i faced an crash in opening settings app in windows 10 .along with it navigation pane is not highlighting its properties when hovering over it.So if any one of u could help me.i will be glad to thank you....
  3. Disable sync

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable sync: I want to stop my acer sync. It shows only grey colour on where to turn on or off. How can I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-sync/e3810560-d3bf-4280-a905-378182783b35
  4. Advise needed to disable or not userinit from Autorun Logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Advise needed to disable or not userinit from Autorun Logon: Windows is a little sluggish at startup. I disabled all unnecessary login at startup that i do not need. I came across this entry on Autorun>Logon: C:\Windows\system32... Userinit Logon Application. Running W10 home x64. Would it be useful to the purpose to speed up W...
  5. How to disable touchpad in Windows 10 - touchpad doesn't appear in device manager, etc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable touchpad in Windows 10 - touchpad doesn't appear in device manager, etc.: Hi, I've a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10 Pro. I wish to disable my touchpad, since I have a USB mouse, and the touchpad interferes with my typing by moving the cursor. I have tried lots of things, but the problem is my computer does not seem to provide me with...
  6. ANSWER TO HOW TO DISABLE TOUCHPAD WHEN EXTERNAL MOUSE USED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ANSWER TO HOW TO DISABLE TOUCHPAD WHEN EXTERNAL MOUSE USED: Go to DEVICE MANAGER Click on Mice and other pointing devises There should be two options listed and right click on the one that is NOT USB choice After right click choose DISABLE DEVICE...
  7. How do I disable power save mode for win10 ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I disable power save mode for win10 ?: I own a Pc running windows 10 Home 64 bit. Lately, whenever I start up a programs or reading some articles ,it will allow me for a limited amount of time before switching without warning to "Power Save Mode" keep in mind that this can happen at any time, in the middle of...
  8. Is there any way to disable the "contextual tabs" in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any way to disable the "contextual tabs" in File Explorer?: I would like to disable the "contextual tabs" in file explorer - the ones that turn pink/green/yellow when clicking on an item and changing to things like "Picture tools", "Video tools", "Compressed Folder Tools", "Drive Tools", etc. I find these tabs very distracting and I...
  9. Disabling SmartScreen in Windows 10 does not actually disable it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disabling SmartScreen in Windows 10 does not actually disable it: Hello, I was trying to fix one of my partitions in Windows 10 so I tried to installed the program EASEUS from EaseUS | Data Recovery, Backup, Partition Manager & PC Utility Software. When I went to install I got a UAC message like the one shown below: [img] I then...
  10. Disable/remove Smartscreen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable/remove Smartscreen: v1709.16299.125; How do I completely disable Smartscreen? 101097

Users found this page by searching for:

1. smartscreen windows 10 turn off vivobook