Windows 10: How do I Disable Taps on the Touchpad in Windows 10 Version 1709?

Discus and support How do I Disable Taps on the Touchpad in Windows 10 Version 1709? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't find an option to disable Taps on the touchpad in Windows 10 Version 1709? I had no problems doing this with Version 1607. Can someone help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Valagnar, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Valagnar Win User

How do I Disable Taps on the Touchpad in Windows 10 Version 1709?

I can't find an option to disable Taps on the touchpad in Windows 10 Version 1709? I had no problems doing this with Version 1607. Can someone help me with this?

:)

Valagnar, Jul 8, 2018
  2. AJM2k19 Win User

Can't disable touchpad or tap-to-click

The touchpad on my laptop is poorly placed. I tend to tap it with the lower part of my right thumb when I'm typing, resulting in some really frustrating deletions and other errors. Prior to the most recent update I fixed this problem by disabling the tap-to-click
    function and making it so I have to depress the touchpad to click. It was annoying, but less annoying than accidentally highlighing and deleting half the paper I'm writing.

I updated my laptop last week and noticed that tap-to-click came back. When I went to change it back, I found that I disabling tap-to-click wasn't an option anymore. Moreover, the button to completely disable the touchpad doesn't work. I have it set to "low
    sensitivity," but I keep tapping stuff I don't mean to. It's driving me insane.

Please tell me I'm missing a setting somewhere. I just want to disable tap-to-click. Barring that, I want to disable the touchpad entirely and use a USB mouse.

For reference, I have a Lenovo Yoga 900-13ISK2 Signature and I'm running Windows 10 v.1709.

Thanks.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

AJM2k19, Jul 8, 2018
  3. How to disable the tapping function on the synaptics touchpad Windows 10?

I'm sorry but it doesn't answer the question. The problem here is that the Synaptics Clickpad driver/softer version 19.0.12.95 specifically for Windows 10 will not save the profile or configuration. If I uncheck the "tap to click" option on the settings--it
    works without any problems. BUT if I restart the my Windows 10 Home computer (HP Spectre X360) computer--the "tap to click" check mark comes back--and I have to check it again to disable it. This is very annoying! There's no way to disable it using the regedit
    option--from the link you reference above.

I am having the exact same problem with the Synaptics Touchpad 2.0 on my HP Pavilion Laptop. Every time Windows 10 restarts, the Touchpad settings revert back to the "tapping" button being checked/activated. Quite frustrating as this never happened with Windows
    7 or 8.1 prior on this same computer. Please fix this issue Microsoft.

ThomasFrisch, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Thanatica Win User

Touchpad: Tap twice to drag

Here's how it works standardly:

• Tap twice
    • Hold down on the second tap
    • Move around and you're dragging
    • Release finger to stop dragging

Here's what I like it to do:

• Tap twice
    • Hold down on the second tap
    • Move around and you're dragging
    • Release finger
    • Reposition finger and continue dragging by flicking the touchpad some more
    • (repeat steps 4 & 5 as many times as desired)
    • Release finger and perform one addditional tap to stop dragging

That's what it used to be like in the Windows 7 era with most touchpads. Some people found it annoying and disabled it, but I welcomed it.

I know dragging continues when your finger reaches the touchpad edges, but that I find greatly irritating because it looses all sense of precision. This mechanism is stupendously irritating when trying to pixel-precise drag a trackbar, or when doing some
    painting in photoshop on the go. Or just anything that requires precision.

So I'd like to disable "drag continues at touchpad edge" and enable "require additional tap to stop dragging".

So how can I do that?

If not possible, then please consider this a feature request.

Thanatica, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I Disable Taps on the Touchpad in Windows 10 Version 1709? - Similar Threads - Disable Taps Touchpad

2. How do I disable tapping on my Windows 10 touchpad.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable tapping on my Windows 10 touchpad.: There is no option for doing this anywhere in the mouse settings. I have the touchpad sensitivity on lowest and things still keep opening when I scroll, it makes browsing the internet almost unusable....
  3. How to disable tapping on touchpad in windows 10 v 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable tapping on touchpad in windows 10 v 2004: I can't seem to find the touchpad settings to disable tap clicks or allow for two finger scrolling. On my other computers it's just under settings>devices>touchpad but those options aren't there on this new one. Has a synaptics SMBus touchpad...
  4. Windows not allowing disabling taps on touchpad

Windows not allowing disabling taps on touchpad: Hi, recently I searched how to disable tapping and so far nothing worked. On the Windows' settings app I could not find any "Disable" options anywhere. I also tried to go to the Registry Editor but there was no "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics" or similar directory....
  5. How to disable double tap on touchpad

How to disable double tap on touchpad: After this new Windows 10 update I cannot find the settings to turn off touchpad double tap feature. Its annoying that Microsoft has changed the layout of windows when there was no need to. Before the update is was very easy to do. Please can someone show me how to turn...
  6. Disable tap to click on touchpad.

Disable tap to click on touchpad.: I recently installed an update to Windows 10. I originally had my touchpad set to only use the buttons to click, because I GODDAMN HATE WHEN THE TOUCHPAD ACCIDENTALLY CLICKS ON SOMETHING WHEN I BRUSH MY HAND ACROSS IT!!! I can't find anywhere to turn it off, and I swear to...
  7. Windows 10 how to Disable Generic touchpad tap-to-click?

Windows 10 how to Disable Generic touchpad tap-to-click?: I have a HP Pavilion Power laptop 15-cb0xx and its been going on for a while, but kinda getting a bit worse, that my touchpad can act very erratic at times with the mouse cursor just jumping about when i'm trying to do some work. But the weird thing is, it only seams to...
  8. Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Synaptics Touchpad

Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Synaptics Touchpad: I am unable to disable Touchpad Tapping on my new MSI GP63 Windows 10 laptop. I've found a previous post about this question with the following instructions: Go to Settings. Click on Personalization, then Themes. Select Mouse pointer settings. Then, click on the last tab...
  9. Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Touchpad

Disable Tapping, Windows 10 Touchpad: I am unable to disable Touchpad Tapping on my new MSI GP63 Windows 10 laptop. I've found a previous post about this question with the following instructions: Go to Settings. Click on Personalization, then Themes. Select Mouse pointer settings. Then, click on the last tab...
  10. Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable the tapping feature (aka: Tap...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i disable taps on windows 10

2. how to disable tochpad taps