Windows 10: How do I disable the Cortana pop up on the bottom left please?

Discus and support How do I disable the Cortana pop up on the bottom left please? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all. Got my Windows 10 upgrade from my new HP laptop when it came out late July.(was 8.1 before) I have a few questions but my main one is:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Zolabud, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Zolabud Win User

How do I disable the Cortana pop up on the bottom left please?

Hi all.

Got my Windows 10 upgrade from my new HP laptop when it came out late July.(was 8.1 before)

I have a few questions but my main one is:

How do I disable the large black pop up that continually pops up all day even when I am not using the search function please? It is on the bottom left and is part of the search function.

I have disabled the Cortana as I never use it and thought the pop up would go away but it keeps popping up but now it is blank with no weather or news.

I would like to carry on using search but do not want this pop up.

I have looked round the site before I posted but couldn't find it.

Many thanks.

:)

Zolabud, Nov 5, 2015

2. How do I assign the key on bottom left of handset - N70?

Really? Yours used to do that? How odd...

I don't think there's any way of setting that key to do that... however, there are a there is a way of making it more easily accessible, this is what I do:

You can set one of the icons on the Active standby to "New text msg."

Menu - Tools - Settings - Phone - Standby mode - Active Standby apps

RichCowell, Nov 5, 2015
  3. cenmlj Win User
    How do I assign the key on bottom left of handset - N70?

This key is left of the number 7 and * keys and used to take me straight to writing a new text message but it no longer does anything.

Can I re-assign it?

Thanks,

Michelle

cenmlj, Nov 5, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Just wondering............
    The hotkey to call up search is Win key + S.

Did you, by any chance, use that hotkey combo for other purpose ?

davidhk, Nov 5, 2015
  5. Zolabud Win User
    Hi Billy.

Not that I am aware of...

Is that a way to disable the black box which drives me nuts.

Just tried it and it works. I would like to do that when ever I want to search. Not have it popping up Willy Nilly...

Zolabud, Nov 5, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    I only know how to hide the search bar, but that is not your issue.
    Your issue is search bar pops up uninvited. That I don't know how to fix.
    Sorry.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I disable the Cortana pop up on the bottom left please? - Similar Threads - disable Cortana pop

2. how do i disable the screen that pops up on the left?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i disable the screen that pops up on the left?: I would like to disable the screen that pops up when you tap or slide on the left of the screen. my daughter has a disability and inadvertently activates it when using her device, its intrusive to her learning....
  3. how do i disable the screen that pops up on the left?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i disable the screen that pops up on the left?: I would like to disable the screen that pops up when you tap or slide on the left of the screen. my daughter has a disability and inadvertently activates it when using her device, its intrusive to her learning....
  4. How do I disable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Cortana?: The Cortana window keeps popping up saying: Cortana is not available in your region.It's impossible to uninstall, I tried to find a solution on the forums, but can't find anything that works for me.Please help, this is driving me crazy!...
  5. How do I disable Cortana?

How do I disable Cortana?: The Cortana window keeps popping up saying: Cortana is not available in your region.It's impossible to uninstall, I tried to find a solution on the forums, but can't find anything that works for me.Please help, this is driving me crazy!...
  6. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  7. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  8. How do I disable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable Cortana?: I just want the search on my new laptop not have the thing running. submitted by /u/Shulk-skywalker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzzv01/how_do_i_disable_cortana/
  9. how do i disable a pop up blocker

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i disable a pop up blocker: how do i disable a pop up blocker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-a-pop-up-blocker/b58e4d52-0dd7-4289-bbba-ac2c66aae80a
  10. How do I disable this HP pop-up

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable this HP pop-up: Hello All I recently bought a HP Pavilion laptop and every time I log in I get the attached pop up, is there a way to disable the message so it doesn't come up again? 103876