Windows 10: How do I disable the gray autosnap rectangle in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I disable the gray autosnap rectangle in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I drag a window to move it around, this box appears which represents my screen, and if I drag the window over the box, then the window resizes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mlb96, Jul 10, 2018.

1. mlb96 Win User

How do I disable the gray autosnap rectangle in Windows 10?

Whenever I drag a window to move it around, this box appears which represents my screen, and if I drag the window over the box, then the window resizes to match the outline. This feature is incredibly annoying, because it always places the box right where I want to put the window down, so I keep accidentally resizing my windows when all I want to do is move them. I tried turning off every "Snap" option in my settings, but the box still won't go away. How do I get rid of it?

Just to clarify, this is the box that I am referring to. The gray rectangle with the dotted lines that the red arrow is pointing to.

How do I disable the gray autosnap rectangle in Windows 10? a3bae2c8-4c09-4ba2-8bae-698e01efe03e?upload=true.png

:)

mlb96, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Hadab2008 Win User
    Windows Mail App Notifications Disabled (Grayed Out)

Hello,
    I have a problem with Windows 10 Mail app notifications.
    When trying to enable notifications from system option, I cannot toggle it at all?
    Despite the fact that it is already the default app!

How do I disable the gray autosnap rectangle in Windows 10? [​IMG]

How do I disable the gray autosnap rectangle in Windows 10? [​IMG]

Any suggestions ?

Hadab2008, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I disable the gray autosnap rectangle in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - disable gray autosnap

2. How do I turn off the selection rectangle in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off the selection rectangle in Windows 10?: I am annoyed by the selection rectangles around some controls in Windows 10. The selection rectangles are especially noticeable in Microsoft's Office apps like Excel, Word, etc. and in some other apps. The selection rectangles are thick and rather ugly.Is there any possible...
  3. How do I turn off the selection rectangle in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the selection rectangle in Windows 10?: I am annoyed by the selection rectangles around some controls in Windows 10. The selection rectangles are especially noticeable in Microsoft's Office apps like Excel, Word, etc. and in some other apps. The selection rectangles are thick and rather ugly.Is there any possible...
  4. How do I turn off the selection rectangle in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Gray Rectangle on psd files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gray Rectangle on psd files: I dont know whats going on but my psd files now have a gray rectangle over them.It dissappears when i make the icons smaller but they werent like this before.This only happens with psd files.Whats going on, how can i fix this....
  6. Gray Rectangle on psd files

Gray Rectangle on psd files: I dont know whats going on but my psd files now have a gray rectangle over them.It dissappears when i make the icons smaller but they werent like this before.This only happens with psd files.Whats going on, how can i fix this....
  7. Gray Rectangle on psd files

8. How can I disable the annoying blue rectangle in Windows Camera?

How can I disable the annoying blue rectangle in Windows Camera?: I know this issue has been raised many times in the last 5 or 6 years, but I think it needs to be raised again. It concerns the visible rectangle that is drawn on the camera image to show where the face detection algorithm has detected a face. Of course we understand that the...
  9. Gray rectangle on desktop with wallpaper, nothing else

Gray rectangle on desktop with wallpaper, nothing else: so after i set up this thing so that the computer locks at a specific time, im just getting my taskbar, a grey rectangle, and my background. i have tried running explorer.exe and that did not help. Help me!!!!!![ATTACH]...
  10. Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner

Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner: First of all, I am using a Surface Pro 3. This problem is weird because it only happens once in a while when my laptop goes to sleep (but not always), and it only goes away once I restart my computer. [IMG] I cannot use my desktop while it is there, and I can move the gray...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. autocad autosnap shows gray and doesnt work

2. widnows 10 grey rectangle

3. windows 10 gray rectangle desktop

4. autosnap box dashed