Windows 10: How do I disable this HP pop-up

Discus and support How do I disable this HP pop-up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All I recently bought a HP Pavilion laptop and every time I log in I get the attached pop up, is there a way to disable the message so it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thenbt, Feb 6, 2018.

1. thenbt Win User

How do I disable this HP pop-up

Hello All

I recently bought a HP Pavilion laptop and every time I log in I get the attached pop up, is there a way to disable the message so it doesn't come up again?

:)

thenbt, Feb 6, 2018
  2. SDS2 Win User

How do I disable HP Welcome?

I purchased new HP Envy this month. The HP Welcome pop-up is so annoying. It pops up constantly, not just at log in. How do I permanently disable it, there is no "Do Not Show Again" of other option.

SDS2, Feb 6, 2018
  3. Andrew E. Win User
    How do I disable the pop up blocker?

Its shortcut should be on desktop,its Internet Options.Open/privacy tab,uncheck,actually

uncheck all,as for the rest of tabs,set all to default.After,in advanced tab,locate "Reset all to

advanced settings" button.Close out,restart pc.

The reason for the shortcut,in 1st window,delete cookies,delete temp files.Plus,set user

settings to max amount,Win32 is 1024MB

Andrew E., Feb 6, 2018
  4. How do I disable this HP pop-up

Midou35000, Feb 6, 2018
  5. Try3 Win User
    Try3, Feb 6, 2018
  6. Hi @thenbt and welcome to the Forum! I will share my experience with HP: My great respect to HP but when I bought it 1 year ago I was surprised how much unnecessary things were installed. Coudn't wait even 1 month - clean install performed, drivers only what Windows Update offers, no HP Assistant, no other small HP programs etc. Even the OEM Recovery partition went to the past!
    My only intention, if something goes wrong is always clean install from Media Creation Tool, many colleagues in this Forum would suggest backing-up with Macrium Reflect.
    As a result - clean computer, fast enough, always up to date and approx. 30 GB more space.
    Sorry if I've been little off-topic, good luck!

Ivan Petrov, Feb 6, 2018
  7. Looks to me like the issue is
    “Resource intensive tasks may cause your system not to perform at its highest level with a smaller capacity Smart AC Adapter. Please connect a higher capacity Smart AC Adapter for full performance.”

I don't use it anymore but I used to use HP's Support Assistant and if I recall correctly it was possible to disable messages from there. HP Support Assistant | HP® Official Site

MeAndMyComputer, Feb 6, 2018
  8. How do I disable this HP pop-up

Agreed with Ivan Petrov, a clean install clears everything and the machine runs smoother and faster. Did that day one with Ubuntu, then reinstall Win10 immediately after.

MikeMecanic, Feb 6, 2018
  9. Bat 1 Win User
    As long as a Factory Built Rig is still in warranty I'll try to avoid a Clean Install, but I'll admit that removing Bloatware on some Models is so overwhelming, that I admit defeat and do it.

When someone comes for advice Before purchasing a Laptop, I'll just advise getting one with a easily removable HDD, then throwing the Factory HDD in a safe place and installing a new small SSD with a Fresh OS install. That way should the Lappy need to be returned, the owner doesn't have to worry about any sensitive nfo.

Bat 1, Feb 6, 2018
  10. Another option, is the removal of all HP apps. Revo Uninstaller Pro is best to do so. Their apps will be shown on the main page.

Click advanced and delete them. Answer no to any HP pop ups and let Revo do the work.

MikeMecanic, Feb 6, 2018
  11. Yep. First rule of buying an HP computer....plan on doing a clean install.

DeaconFrost, Feb 6, 2018
  12. Ha-ha-ha, well said *Roflmao2

Ivan Petrov, Feb 6, 2018
  13. zbook New Member

1) Run this version of the log collector and post a zip into this thread:
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

2) In the left lower corner search type: msconfig
    3) click services tab > in the left lower corner check the box to hide all Microsoft services > click on the column heading: manufacturer so that the column sorts
    4) Post an image into the thread for the HP rows

5) Open control panel > add and remove programs > scroll to HP > post an image into the thread

6) click control + alt + delete (simultaneously) > open task manager > click on the startup tab > post images into the thread

zbook, Feb 6, 2018
  14. That is a good solution, but better one, which I follow is:
    For what to install a program which will uninstall other programs if one can just do clean install without all above...

*Thumbs

Ivan Petrov, Feb 6, 2018
  15. The OP isn't complaining about bloatware, we don't know if it's brand new computer.
    --- The issue is how to disable that message.
    --- That message is information and I doubt a brand new computer HP or otherwise would be sold with the issue that message states.
    --- If the computer is brand new the OP could complain to HP and have the issue resolved since it's hardware related.
    --- Naturally I don't know for sure, the computer might not have the original higher capacity Smart AC Adapter.

thenbt please try HP's Support Assistant as posted in post #4.
    --- I'm speculating now but maybe there's a setting in BIOS to disable that message similar to when a chassis has been opened and a message shows up at startup about it.

MeAndMyComputer, Feb 6, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I disable this HP pop-up - Similar Threads - disable pop

2. Bypass member only sites / disable pop ups for cookies

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bypass member only sites / disable pop ups for cookies: Bypass member only sites / disable pop ups for cookies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAb37fF67tw submitted by /u/RoughCalligrapher906 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1c3hd31/bypass_member_only_sites_disable_pop_ups_for/
  3. how do i disable the screen that pops up on the left?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i disable the screen that pops up on the left?: I would like to disable the screen that pops up when you tap or slide on the left of the screen. my daughter has a disability and inadvertently activates it when using her device, its intrusive to her learning....
  4. how do i disable the screen that pops up on the left?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i disable the screen that pops up on the left?: I would like to disable the screen that pops up when you tap or slide on the left of the screen. my daughter has a disability and inadvertently activates it when using her device, its intrusive to her learning....
  5. How do I disable the pop-up keys feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the pop-up keys feature: It still appears that they are not suggestions. Rather, I will give you an example. When I press any button on the panel, not only do the letters appear in a pop-up form at the bottom of the screen and then they disappear. How can I disable it...
  6. How do I disable the pop-up keys feature

How do I disable the pop-up keys feature: It still appears that they are not suggestions. Rather, I will give you an example. When I press any button on the panel, not only do the letters appear in a pop-up form at the bottom of the screen and then they disappear. How can I disable it...
  7. How to disable mini keyboard that pops up every time i press right stick on my xbox one...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable mini keyboard that pops up every time i press right stick on my xbox one...: How to disable mini keyboard that pops up every time i press right stick on my xbox one controller running on windows 11 ? When playing GTAV on my PC and I press the right stick a mini keyboard pops up disrupting my game and I would like to know how to disable it ....
  8. How to disable mini keyboard that pops up every time i press right stick on my xbox one...

How to disable mini keyboard that pops up every time i press right stick on my xbox one...: How to disable mini keyboard that pops up every time i press right stick on my xbox one controller running on windows 11 ? When playing GTAV on my PC and I press the right stick a mini keyboard pops up disrupting my game and I would like to know how to disable it ....
  9. how can i disable when press key control + esc then pop up the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i disable when press key control + esc then pop up the start menu: how can i disable when press key control + esc then pop up the start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-when-press-key-control-esc-then/9d04125c-188c-40f4-922e-76306e211deb
  10. how can i disable when press key control + esc then pop up the start menu

how can i disable when press key control + esc then pop up the start menu: how can i disable when press key control + esc then pop up the start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-when-press-key-control-esc-then/9d04125c-188c-40f4-922e-76306e211deb