Windows 10: How do I edit/view 'comments' tag for .PNG files ?

Discus and support How do I edit/view 'comments' tag for .PNG files ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can edit and view the tags (? these are called tags right ?) like 'Comments', 'Title', 'Authors' etc for .JPG and .JPEG files but cannot do the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Raiz, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Raiz Win User

How do I edit/view 'comments' tag for .PNG files ?

I can edit and view the tags (? these are called tags right ?) like 'Comments', 'Title', 'Authors' etc for .JPG and .JPEG files but cannot do the same for .PNG files. How do I it ?
    If it is not possible, then is there any way to convert 100s of png files to some other format ?

:)

2. Windows Explorer 10: Detail View: Custom Column: How to Modify Field

In File Explorer, click the View tab and then select the
    Details Pane
    --- you can edit Comments, Tags, and other info there for whatever file is selected.

Alternately, you can right-click a file, select Properties, then the Details tab & edit Comments from there.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    How can I tag .mts files using File Explorer in Windows 10 Pro x64?

Hi,

Editting tags and comments fields of a .mts file is not yet available when using Windows file explorer. We recommend that you use a tag editor that can edit tags and comments from the Windows Store.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Aug 31, 2015
  4. How do I edit/view 'comments' tag for .PNG files ?

I need to open a PNG file and it doesn't work on Windows10. The pop-up says that I need to download an application from the Windows Store. I don't have a MS account and don't want one. Does anyone here know of a non-store application that works on Windows 10? Or, is there a way to get to the Windows Store without setting up a Microsoft account? Thanks in advance!

AllenChicago, Aug 31, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    I open .png files in Paint/MSPaint on the last 5 versions of Windows, just checked one on Win10 Home.

Berton, Sep 1, 2015
  6. Thanks for that info Berton. I followed your advice and was indeed able to open the .png file with Paint. But I couldn't get the photo'd document to print over more than one page. The print is so small when printed on one page, I can't read it.

So, on a hunch, I chose "Open With Firefox" browser. Firefox not only opened the .png photo-document, but allowed me to blow up the size for printing. Thanks again for putting me on the right track, Berton.

-Allen in Chicagoland

AllenChicago, Sep 1, 2015
  7. Berton Win User
    You're welcome, glad it helped.

Berton, Sep 1, 2015
  8. Raiz Win User

My thread got hijacked *Sad

Bump. Anyone ?

Raiz, Sep 3, 2015
  9. Get yourself Gimp, its free and handles most image formats. For thumbs get IrfanView or Sage Thumbs

JohnMarchant, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I edit/view 'comments' tag for .PNG files ? - Similar Threads - edit view 'comments'

2. File Explorer Tagging Editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Tagging Editing: How to edit the rating on MP4 video files?If you have an answer, please let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tagging-editing/411ec45f-09fb-4840-b0fb-5adf8fd02730
  3. File Explorer Tagging Editing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Tagging Editing: How to edit the rating on MP4 video files?If you have an answer, please let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tagging-editing/411ec45f-09fb-4840-b0fb-5adf8fd02730
  4. I cant add comment metada tag

in Windows 10 Support
    I cant add comment metada tag: Hi. Tags with comments are not saving ;( does anyone have any solution to this problem? You can see my problem in this video: Comments tag - YouTube yesterday i spent 4 hours trying to fix this problem and nothing yes I tried to add the "pol" token and it did not help either...
  5. How do I edit the "People" tag on images in the Details pane?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I edit the "People" tag on images in the Details pane?: Windows 10 File Explorer supports showing the People tag when a JPG is tagged with a name in the properties on the details pane... [ATTACH] It also supports "Group by" for folders and it does group files by the tag... [ATTACH] The Details pane doesn't show the People...
  6. how do i delete png files.

how do i delete png files.: how do i delete png files. i get "i don't have permission to to delete " I'm the administrator , what gives! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-png-files/4f9eaa63-a583-4bac-9dd5-d83ef6258ac7
  7. Edit ID tags in File Explorer

Edit ID tags in File Explorer: Today I find that I can no longer Edit ID Tags in File Explorer. My music files are recorded as FLAC files. The drop-down menu in File Explorer no longer has the Edit option. Also, it is not possible to Edit the ID Tags in Properties. Can anyone help?...
  8. How do I add tags to files?

How do I add tags to files?: It used to be that I could go to the files Properties > Details tab >Tags. Can I add tags anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-tags-to-files/276c3fad-1d91-4aff-95ce-efe0def99309"
  9. Add comments, tags, metadata to files in explorer, folder comments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add comments, tags, metadata to files in explorer, folder comments: Hi, just come across this File Metadata (free) which I think will interest you- seems very competent in tagging files. At the bottom I've added a note about StyleFolder (free), which adds comments to folders. If you want to add comments, tags, metadata to files, this is...
  10. Do I Customize View in File Folder Using Tags or Comments, and how?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I Customize View in File Folder Using Tags or Comments, and how?: Hi, I have files where I have named each one a recipe I have. I have begun the name of each recipe with a letter grade based upon how much I like it, e.g. A+ Stir-fried chicken, A Steak, A- Fish, B+ Hamburger, etc. I would like to list the files with the highest grade...