Windows 10: How do I Enable Jump Menus in File Manager's Move To/Copy To Icons?

Discus and support How do I Enable Jump Menus in File Manager's Move To/Copy To Icons? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, everyone, I hope you're all healthy and comfortable. I just got a new HP computer with Windows 10 Home. My previous computer had Windows 10 Pro.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jdanniel, Jan 15, 2021.

1. jdanniel Win User

How do I Enable Jump Menus in File Manager's Move To/Copy To Icons?

Hello, everyone, I hope you're all healthy and comfortable. I just got a new HP computer with Windows 10 Home. My previous computer had Windows 10 Pro.

I have a question about File Manager that I have been able to find an answer for yet. On my previous computer, File Manager has Move to/Copy To icons. These icons had jump menus. At first, you had to choose a location. After choosing that location a few times, it was added to the jump menu. So, if I wanted to use Copy To, for example, I could just select the location from the jump menu, instead of having to go into the Choose Location option. I know how to clear the jump menu, if I wanted to.

With this new computer and Windows 10 Home, I do not have a jump menu. I don't know if it's because it's the Home version vs. Pro, or if I just don't have File Manager configured correctly.

Somy question is: Is there a way to configure the Move To/Copy To icons in File Manager, so they display jump menus? If it is possible, what is the procedure, please?

Thank you very much. J. Danniel
    PS: Version is 20H2, Build 19042.746

:)

jdanniel, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. File Explorer jump list not working

Hi, thank you for your suggestions. I tried all those and no component missing. After the last one I rebooted just in case it needed that.

Result is that I have no change.

Another thing I noticed is that when I right click on the start icon whilst the run and search work fine everything from and including the File Explorer is similar to my jump list problem. Except that whilst in the jump list I can right click and get a
    mini menu from the start icon this list just disappears whether I left or right click.

John

JohnBarrieUnsworth, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Rabies Win User

Unable to copy file from Excel jump list

Hi, I seem to have all of the issues- no jump lists available at all on either the task bar or the start menu- which is a real pain- any ideas how I can get this sorted?

Rabies, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I Enable Jump Menus in File Manager's Move To/Copy To Icons? - Similar Threads - Enable Jump Menus

2. How to move files to USB and not copy.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move files to USB and not copy.: I have a lot of files I want to move to a USB drive to free up space, but it just copies the files instead of moves them. Doing this causes all the files to lose their original creation dates and I don't want that to happen. Does anyone know how to just move them?...
  3. How to move files to USB and not copy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move files to USB and not copy.: I have a lot of files I want to move to a USB drive to free up space, but it just copies the files instead of moves them. Doing this causes all the files to lose their original creation dates and I don't want that to happen. Does anyone know how to just move them?...
  4. How do I move not copy my files from OneDrive to my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move not copy my files from OneDrive to my computer?: I did this:How do I get my files off of OneDrive and onto my PC? - Microsoft CommunityIt did not work. I'm still seeing the OneDrive cloud and "where are my files?"I do not want to use OneDrive at all. I don't want my files online.I have Windows 10 pro. This computer is new...
  5. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  6. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  7. copy move files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy move files: Hi I am a photographer and on Windows 10 I manually copy images to backup all the time.... I want to copy files to backup and filter only by name & size and not by Date/Time... Because of Daylight Saving Time many times my backup files do not jive with the original files...
  8. How do I enable the icons in the shutdown-menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I enable the icons in the shutdown-menu?: I have seen them on my second Windows system and I like how they look. I searched in the Windows settings and online but haven't found something. [ATTACH] Best regards, Marc...
  9. Windows 10 scroll jumping in menus.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 scroll jumping in menus.: So hear is the thing. I have this issue where in a lot of windows 10 menus when i scroll down it just jumps right back to the top. I have spent hours looking for a fix and nothing seems to work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, downloaded new drivers from logitech, nothing...
  10. "move to folder" and "copy to folder" drop down menus

in Windows 10 Support
    "move to folder" and "copy to folder" drop down menus: Is there a way to specify the folders that are listed when one clicks on "copy to folder" or "move to folder" in the context menu? Many choices are displayed, but not necessarily the ones I want to access. 101597