Windows 10: How do I enable "Mobile Hotspot" without internet connection?

Discus and support How do I enable "Mobile Hotspot" without internet connection? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey Guys, I found (on Intel's site) that the Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 does NOT support "Hosted Network Support". Thanks to this thread, it now makes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by UserNumber00001, Oct 30, 2016.

1. How do I enable "Mobile Hotspot" without internet connection?

Hey Guys,
    I found (on Intel's site) that the Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 does NOT support "Hosted Network Support". Thanks to this thread, it now makes sense: The Intel computer WILL support mobile hot spot and allow a laptop to connect, but ONLY if the Intel computer has an internet connection. Window's appears to be 'helping' me by NOT letting me create a hot spot if there isn't internet. I want a local IIS box over wifi and I don't care about internet either.
    I believe that the only solution is to buy another USB wifi device that allows "Hosted Network Support" and forget all about the mobile hot spot feature in Windows.
    PS: The only way (it appears) to start this at powerup is to create a command line batch file w/ "Netsh WLAN Start HostedNetwork". I'll bet Linux can do this in its sleep...
    Thanks

DSegal1122, Aug 28, 2017
  2. onix Win User

I think, that's if this is a Windows driver issue, and not an Intel hardware/firmware issue.

3. opp354 Win User
    I know this is late but this issue is driver issue. On my side I have 2 computer running with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 on Win 10. Both are unable to run "Hosted Network ". After installing driver version 18.33.0.1 on 1 of the computer, "Hosted Network" can be run successfully on the installed computer.

opp354, Dec 13, 2017
  4. onix Win User

How do I enable "Mobile Hotspot" without internet connection?

Thank you for that, opp354. The latest one for Win10 64-bit as of today, December 14, 2017 on Intel's website is 20.10.2 The oldest version they have available is 19.50.0 from February 2017.

Where were you able to get 18.33.0? Also, did happen to try though Linux, whether through a virtual machine or directly? Thanks!

5. opp354 Win User
    I get the driver from "snappy driver installer" program. I am running the Win 10 directly on the machine. If required I can try to upload the driver some where.

opp354, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I enable "Mobile Hotspot" without internet connection?

1. How do I enable "Mobile Hotspot" without internet connection? - Similar Threads - enable Mobile Hotspot

2. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I was hoping to use my Ethernet internet on my laptop to my Android Smartphone. Even after Sharing the Internet Connection from Ethernet properties as shown in the image, I am not able to access internet on my android smartphone which says...
  3. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I was hoping to use my Ethernet internet on my laptop to my Android Smartphone. Even after Sharing the Internet Connection from Ethernet properties as shown in the image, I am not able to access internet on my android smartphone which says...
  4. Mobile Hotspot Connected but No Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Mobile Hotspot - No Internet Connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mobile Hotspot - No Internet Connection: So i'm trying to set up the mobile hotpsot functionality on my PC, It is connnected via ehternet and i want to use that stability to create a hotspot in my room, however i cant seem to get an internet connection to be shared, I've created the network and changed the...
  6. mobile hotspot connected no internet access

mobile hotspot connected no internet access: my lenovo laptop mobile hotspot connected on my mobile but its showing no internet access how did i fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hotspot-connected-no-internet-access/32bf7c6d-c825-440e-9a20-314102d2cb0f
  7. Wifi Mobile Hotspot enabled but get 'No Internet Connection' on iPhone

Wifi Mobile Hotspot enabled but get 'No Internet Connection' on iPhone: At work, I use the 'Wifi Mobile Hotspot' to connect my phone to the internet, off the PC which is running Windows 10. It has been working fine for years. Then, one day my phone stops connecting to the internet, even though it picks up the computer's hotspot and the internet...
  8. Using Mobile HOTSPOT without internet connection

Using Mobile HOTSPOT without internet connection: Hello everyone, how i can use the function HOTSPOT on Windows 10 (1809), without internet? I wanna connect my smartphone to another use. It's possible? On windows 7, i can use this, simple, but in the windows 10 not work. - I tried use: v OK, But netsh wlan...
  9. How do I create a hotspot without an internet connection

How do I create a hotspot without an internet connection: Windows Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763. I wish to use my laptop/surface to share files via wifi to multiple devices ( streaming movies from my HDD). So I think I need to create a hotspot. Where I am using this is in the bush so there is no internet and I dont need it. How...
  10. Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection

Use the Mobile Hotspot WITHOUT an internet connection: I am developing an offline solution and would like to use the Mobile Hotspot Wi-Fi in areas without internet service. It seems that the Mobile hotspot cannot be turned on when I'm offline. Is there any workaround for this? Please advise. Many thanks! Noah...